[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechamon Update #5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 13

File: degenerate.png (2MB, 1914x1080px) Image search: [Google]
degenerate.png
2MB, 1914x1080px
Hey /m/, we're back again.

As of last week, our team has currently has seven members. However, we still critically need tile artists.

The following positions are open.

Musician
Tile Artist
NPC Artist
Battle Sprite artist (In battle images of Pilots, Enemy trainers, enemy infantry, Mecha with no assets)
Animator
Asset Collector (Audio/Sprites)
Data Entry (Pokemon Stat Entry, Item name entry, Trainer data, etc)

If you’d like to join us, feel free to shoot an email to [email protected]

Small update this week, still balancing, creating movesets, stuff like that. Still, we said we'd make weekly threads, and it's important to let you guys know we're not dead.

If you haven’t already, feel free to try the game, and if you can, take the short art survey, too.

Survey:
http://pastebin.com/CNw2vJUQ

Playtest: (Same as before, new version will be pushed out after a UI change.)
http://pastebin.com/EDWyWq3A

Design Doc:
http://pastebin.com/a3a1apLG

Roster (New):
http://pastebin.com/ecUWyRH9

As always, feel free to suggest locations, mecha, attacks, and abilities to add to the game.
>>
>>14722883
I was always aware of this game, but never thought to try it until now.
I'm going to play, but I gotta ask. What have you gotten done so far?
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (15KB, 387x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
15KB, 387x300px
>>14722945
Just to clarify things, we are not the same people who were working on the game years ago. Our version of the game has only been out for about a month.

So far, we've made a playtest, which include most of the features that will be in the finished product. Of course, many of the features still need work, but the playtest is essentially a proof of concept. We've implemented the current mech sprites into the engine, as well as some character sprites. Currently, we are balancing the stats of the mechamon as well as editing movesets. You can check out our design document to see what kind of game we plan to create.

Still, the best way to get a feel for what we've done so far is to play the playtest. It will give you an idea of everything we are going for.
>>
>>14722969
noice. I love the concept and wish I could help with development, but I'm only just learning C++ right now.
>>
File: PREPARE FOR HYPE.gif (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
PREPARE FOR HYPE.gif
3MB, 480x272px
I have to say i'm extremely impressed with this current build. the custom moves/animations/typing.

This has a lot of potential.

been playing around with the demo, and i'm extremely impressed with the work done so far!

I wish you the best of luck. and i look forward to future renditions of this version of mechamon.
>>
File: Battle 4.webm (2MB, 766x575px) Image search: [Google]
Battle 4.webm
2MB, 766x575px
>>14722984
>>14722989

Thanks guys!
We are working hard to get this done quickly, but without sacrificing quality.
>>
Have you advertised this game at all?
If you don't mind, I'd be interested in posting it on my tumblr.
Maybe could net you some artists from there.
>>
>>14723077
i'd be extremely carefull about advertising something of this nature, expecially with Pokemon Uranium and all. they are using a lot of assets from other games from a MULTITUDE of companies. even using the likeness of a gundam, pure original sounds/assets would still get it flagged, i'd keep it pretty low to be honest.
>>
>>14723022
Tendril on Eva-00? why? because of their charging cable?

also, will the Variable Fighters have multi-hitting attacks?
>>
>>14723087
I'm getting sick of companies being dicks to bored fans.
>>
>>14723092
well, that's the nature of the beast. if you get a cease and desist. nothing else you can do, if any project of this nature wishes to survive.

you either move to japan and make it there, OR you keep it very, very secret.
>>
>>14723107
aaat least until v1.0 gets released, then who gives a fuck. because once it's on the internet, it's there F O R E V E R

and any of us Anons can work on patches for it, throw them on the internet under different names, and no amount of DMCAs will be able to stop us!
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 854x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 854x467px
>>14723087
>>14723092
>>14723107

We don't plan on selling this game. We are making it because we love the idea, love /m/ shit, and want to become gamedevs. There is a reason why we haven't revealed our dev names or made a Twitter. We are keeping mechamon to 4chan for now.

>>14723088
The move tendril is a reskin of vine whip, the move that grass starters learn at level 10. The move tendril is within Eva's move set despite not having tendrils. If we make each mech only able to use moves that they use in their media, the game could get boring or unbalanced. We made a lot of the attacks generic so that they can be used by multiple mecha.

Don't worry though, the Eva's will have plenty of cannonical attacks as will all the mechamon.
>>
File: image.png (21KB, 513x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 513x386px
>>
>>14723077
Feel free my dude
>>
File: Oxygen.png (28KB, 515x385px) Image search: [Google]
Oxygen.png
28KB, 515x385px
>>
>no hi-nu gundam
also code geass? Guren and Lancelot have perfect line evolves for themselves
>>
>>14724678
We have a high bu but the Sprite is pretty bad. We are working on a new one.

We also plan on including at least the Lancelot in the game as well we just need a Sprite for it
>>
File: image.png (474KB, 705x485px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
474KB, 705x485px
>>14724852
>high bu

I meant High-nu
>>
>>14724335
How are you going to explain oxygen in space?
>>
>>14724888
Any non colony areas will have artificial oxygen being pumped or generated somehow. It doesn't really need to have a big explanation. It's a minor detail that we will work out eventually
>>
File: Female.png (9KB, 512x386px) Image search: [Google]
Female.png
9KB, 512x386px
>>
File: bridge_intro.png (14KB, 510x387px) Image search: [Google]
bridge_intro.png
14KB, 510x387px
>>
I'm pretty sure the other Mechamon project had a Hi-nu in it. it's sad to see the other Mechamon project die off, but only Crashman was working on it. so, it was doomed to die anyway.
>>
>>14726528
I'll check for the hi-nu when I get a chance to look at the asset list. I know it's there I'm just concerned about the quality
>>
>>14726528
Wait, Crashman was working on another Mechamon? doesn't he only do translations?
>>
File: Quantum.png (76KB, 510x386px) Image search: [Google]
Quantum.png
76KB, 510x386px
>>
I got into the secret room with all the old men.
Then the game crashed.

This game Excellent.
>>
>>14728295

We are glad you like it

we like that part a lot too
>>
Just a reminder that we are looking for help with the project. If you have any skills you think can help us send us an email
>>
>>14722883
Bump
>>
oh look, another grab at attention, Mechamon is a disease on /m/.
>>
>>14736561
I don't get what you mean? This is a pretty damn cool idea and I'd like to follow the progress. If you don't care for it it, just hide the thread.
Also, bump.
>>
>>14738611
What he's getting at, is how Mechamon is always brought back from the dead, as a bout of attention. or it just exists to solely exist.
>>
File: image.gif (120KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
120KB, 600x600px
>>14739794
I shit I thought this tread was long dead

>>14736561
Why don't you try our play test anon. We aren't the same people who have worked on it in the past. You will see we have a very different idea in mind that I think you will like.

>>14739794
We aren't just trying to get attention, we are aspiring gamedevs and we worked hard on this for you guys
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.