[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since it's 9/11 I was going to make a thread about who did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: ST Defiant Patch.jpg (115KB, 482x420px) Image search: [Google]
ST Defiant Patch.jpg
115KB, 482x420px
Since it's 9/11 I was going to make a thread about who did post 9/11 America better, Battlestar Galactica season 3 or Star Trek Enterprise Season 3 but then I remembered how much Gundam SEED, a show made during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 seemed to take influence from it with the earth alliance/'murica invading Orb just in case.

What influence of 9/11 have you seen in mecha and sci-fi after 2001?

Sci-fi after all is known fir taking current events and norms and transplant them into different worlds and situations to put emphasis and context to the absurdity of certain social issues.
>>
Cap Murrca Winter Soldier is so post-9/11 you can smell the ashes of ground zero wafting from it.

It's also honestly one of the best capeshit films I've ever seen, it doesn't dwell that hard on the freedom vs security theme but it touches upon it in quite the poignant fashion.
>>
>>14722610
It is interesting how an hero born out of the fight against fascism aboard has been used in modern times against restrictions of liberties domestically. I suppose the entirety of the civil war story line in the comics would have never surfaced without 9/11 even though being discriminated against the way you were born is an american story as much as the melting pot story is.
>>
File: Gasaraki_cover.jpg (92KB, 280x395px) Image search: [Google]
Gasaraki_cover.jpg
92KB, 280x395px
>>14722601
Reminder that a central plot point in Gasaraki was the United States invading a middle-eastern country to remove weapons of mass destruction that did not actually exist. It was made in 1998, and the actual Iraq War didn't start until 2003.
>>
>>14722669
Also, the reasoning for invading the empire in Legend of the galactic heroes after they had seized the corridor for the first time went, it predicted the rhetoric of justifying the invasion of Iraq right down to calling it a crusade.

But let's not forget that WMDs in Iraq was a prominent political issue in 1998, especially after the late 1997 Desert Fox campaign conducted by America and Great Britain in Iraq until sometime 1998 over the issue of WMDs. The concern over Iraqi WMDs wasn't invented by 9/11 but certainly didn't warrant the 2003 invasion made possible by 9/11.
>>
>>14722669
To be fair that fucking explosion of supernatural energy could have been confused for a nuclear test.

They had a precedent.

It was more of a Gulf War knockoff anyway.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.