[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I forgot. What's gonna happen as soon as we mass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 1473558527307.jpg (123KB, 350x448px) Image search: [Google]
1473558527307.jpg
123KB, 350x448px
I forgot.

What's gonna happen as soon as we mass produce the big zam?
>>
File: 13485847895487.jpg (39KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
13485847895487.jpg
39KB, 800x598px
IF THE BIG ZAM HAD BEEN MASS-PRODUCED:

-Zeon would have won at Solomon, pushing back the Federation to Luna II. Gato would have captured Sayla with his Rick Dom and brought her to Char.
-Kycillia would have gotten a thick dicking from Johnny Ridden in the cockpit of his custom Big Zam (crimson red with a lot of spikes all over it). She would have been less of a bitch.
-Gihren would have not spent time on other mobile armors and would have instead lobbied to put legs on A Baoa Qu because A Baoa Qu vaguely resembles a Big Zam
-Having realized Char had no desire to kill the rest of his family after betraying him at Seattle, Garma had slipped into hiding and faked his death. He later found Icelina, who was unconscious after being buried in dirt next to a downed Gaw for some reason. Realizing Zeon had a chance for victory, Garma says goodbye for Icelina once again and returns to the war in a raggedy Zaku Sniper, hoping to prevent Char from killing his family in one blow at the war's conclusion.
-Bright and the White Base abandon the war effort, not willing to go down in a suicidal charge of glory now that Jamitov Hymem has taken over the Federation after Revil defects to Zeon, getting a custom Big Zam in GM colors. White Base settles in Von Braun and they open a variety of businesses (Bright opens a burger joint, Hayato and Amuro open a repair shop, Fraw opens a German-themed restaurant that attracts a lot of Zeon soldiers), helping the local economy. Kai leaves to become a news reporter.
-The Alex Gundam is launched into battle with Christina Mackenzie as its pilot. Ultimately she is gangbeamed to death by multiple Big Zams.
-The minovsky particles thrown off by the several dozen Big Zams in the area help Zeon's troops, including Aiguille Delaz who manages to grow a marvelous feathered mane after decades of being bald.
-Char, Sayla, Dren and Lalah hear about Garma's return and immediately disappear. Char becomes a salesman at Amuro's repair shop.
>>
Honestly nothing at that point. The Big zam wasn't ready for mass production yet at solomon so Dozle still dies. Then even if they mass produce it for A Baoa Qu Zeon still gets fucked over by infighting and all their top leaders being killed off.

Big zam was too little too late and would be fucked once the EF realized it has an I-field and would just swap to non-beam weaponry.
>>
File: 1472930668627.png (193KB, 370x367px) Image search: [Google]
1472930668627.png
193KB, 370x367px
>>14721522
It would make Gundam more personally enjoyable.
At least for me.
>>
>>14722566
Good end
>>
>>14722566
Best post of the day
>>
File: gundamqts.png (310KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gundamqts.png
310KB, 500x375px
>>14721522
>When we mass produce the big zam, we'll smash the federation pussy for sure!
>>
>>14722906
Oh yeah
>>
>>14722566
>Char becomes a salesman at Amuro's repair shop

I would watch this for 50+ episodes
>>
>>14722566
like all the great suits zeon came up with. it was too late for anything to matter. the gms might be jobbers, but there were a lot of them
>>
>>14722566

For real though, I can't help but wonder if everything would have been more peaceful had Zeon succeeded in gaining independence.
>>
What qualifies as a Zam Sandwich?
>>
>>14724504
If only because there aren't any more Zeon remnants trying to stir shit up, sure.
>>
File: Starscream is that you.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream is that you.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>14722566
>Zeon wins OYW
>"Peace" through Big Zam occurs
>Decepticons and Autobots promptly wake up in Oregon after somehow sleeping through the 80s.
>Bullshit happens for 2 seasons and then Unicron eats the entire Big Zam army.
>Dozle proceeds to cry manly tears of sorrow and rage and becomes ZAMIMUS PRIME and then he and Rodimus BTFO Unicron with the Matrix.
FUND IT
>>
>>14724504
If its anything like side three, it will be peacefull because the zabi's have anyone who disgreed with them killed off and everyone else is either indoctrinated to love them or else fears them too much to stand against them anymore.
>>
>>14722566

>-Char, Sayla, Dren and Lalah hear about Garma's return and immediately disappear. Char becomes a salesman at Amuro's repair shop.
>Char has a family again with people who care about him

I want this so badly.
>>
>>14722584
It really depends on if it's mass production and effectiveness at Solomon would influence if Degwin would still unilaterally pursue peace negotiations with the Federation. If he does, there's still a chance Kycilia would assassination Girhen since at the time, the battle of A Baoa Qu was still favoring Zeon's forces, and if the Big Zams were fielded, it would only further sway the battle in the favor.

If Degwin decided to hold back, it creates the what if of would Girhen still use the Solar Ray, or hold off in order for it to be able to be a multi use weapon because he originally fired it prematurely which caused it to burn out.

People always label the Big Zam as a mobile Armor, when it has the fire power of a capital ship and it might as well be considered one if all the amenities for a crew weren't stripped out in favor of stuffing in more armor and generators for its weapons. Plus the idea that all you have to do is shoot at it with a regular gun to destroy one is a lot easier said than done since it took a kamikaze attack from a core fighter. Quibble all you want, the fighter crashed into the Big Zam and while it did sustain some damage, it was still functional. So it would mean a mobile suit or fighter would have to get in close range to inflict any sort of damage since missiles could only be fired unguided.

You put a few group of 3 Big Zams with proper mobile suit and logistical support. They would wipe out the Federation's forces.

Of course the Big Zam can't operate on Earth so would the Zeon take their victory at A Baoa Qu and muster all their forces to attack Luna II since the Federation exhausted their space fleets to end the war.
>>
>>14724674
>>Char has a family again with people who care about him
>I want this so badly.
He'd probably fuck it up somehow. Dude has ISSUES. He's probably get mad or paranoid about something, like Amuro being a better pilot and wants to fight him in a deathmatch to see the results, or thinks Sayla is being taken away from him and she's his last remaining valuable family member, or thinks Amuro is cucking him with Lalah, etc. or something.
>>
>>14724031
>>14726051

>Mr. Aznable, you said this warranty would cover flooding but when I called the insurance company they turned me down!
>Blame it on the misfortune of your birth
>>
File: 1425450088053.png (84KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
1425450088053.png
84KB, 356x356px
>>14727777>>14727777
>Of course the Big Zam can't operate on Earth so would the Zeon take their victory at A Baoa Qu and muster all their forces to attack Luna II since the Federation exhausted their space fleets to end the war.
Meanwhile
>>
>>14722566
>Having Chris die.
How could you do this?
>>
Why didn't Zeon just mass produce the Zaku 2 and make a beam rifle for it?
>>
>>14728152
>tfw there'll never be an Ace Combat style game set during the One Year War.
>imagining listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBoiW460nU while blasting GMs and Gumdumbs as you race to disable Stonehedge so the Zeon Fleet can retake Earth
>>
File: 16570-2.jpg (88KB, 537x640px) Image search: [Google]
16570-2.jpg
88KB, 537x640px
>>14731706
They did though.
>>
>>14731706
They did. They called it the ACT Zaku but they only made one and it got blown up.
>>
>>14731764
>>14731771
The problem with Zeon is that the Zaku 2 is perfectly serviceable, they should have updated its handheld weaponry than wasting money on making more frames.
>>
>>14731702

Well someone had to since we brought Garma back.
>>
>>14731706
>>14731803
Zaku II was one of the most mass produced ms of the oyw. The reason it has no beam rifle is because its reactor isn't powerful enough to provide enough electricity to the rifle to trigger the transformation of minovsky particles into mega-particles. They later create a beam bazooka for the rick dom with its own generator that provides the missing portion of the electricity as well as the minovsky particles but this takes time to recharge between shots, requires you to overhaul the MS's electrical systems to work correctly with it, and at this point the gelgoog was entering mass production anyways.
>>
>>14731803
>>14731706

>Zaku II is perfectly servicable.

It is not though. It's reactor doesn't have the power for a beam rifle, or to kee p up with more maneuverable GMs.

What they should have done is go straight from the Zaku to the Gelgoog or Gyan/Dom combo instead of wasting their time with random one offs and stupid heavily speciaized weapons only usable in obscure situations.
>>
>>14731918
Is this world just so cruel that we can't have both?
>>
>>14731803
They did. The issue is that the reactor limitations on it prevent the use of beam weapons so they upgraded the armor and ballistic weapons instead. Later war models of the zaku II had newer model machineguns and bigger bazookas like the ones the dom and rick dom use.
>>
>>14731929
Gelgoog wasn't ready until the end. They war front had also moved to earth midway through the war and since the zaku II was designed more for space they wanted a more dedicated ground unit, which led to the gouf and dom. Rick dom was meant as a stop gap while they worked on the real next gen space ms to replace the zaku. This turned out to be the gelgoog, which won the contract against its competitor, the gyan.

Remember, during the oyw zeon was more like a modern real life military in that they had multiple weapon develops competing over military contracts rather than one governement owned organization making everything in house like the EF was with project V.

They wasted a fuck ton of time and resources on pointless aquatic ms and prototype environment/role specific variants though.
>>
>>14731927
>>14731929
>>14731938
They can just upgrade the Zaku's reactor though.

I mean, that's cheaper than making an entirely new thing again.
>>
>>14731973
They did. Suits like the high mobility R types and the Act Zaku have stronger reactors.
>>
>>14731998
So the whole Gelgoog and shit is fucking pointless.

Stick to the fucking Zaku, dammit Gihren.
>>
>>14731973

They tried, it wasn't all that simple. The ACT Zaku came out of it, but it was pretty much a ground up redesign that shared almost no parts and was still inferior to the Gelgoog.
>>
>>14731936
Yes
>>
>>14732006
They still couldn't fit a beam capable reactor in the torso. The Gelgoog was very much the suit they needed, but they also needed a "Gelgoog A" built to the pre-beam fitment MS-11 type Gelgoog specs. The inability to use beam weapons would have been an easy trade to have new, high mobility units with ~80% parts commonality with beam equipped MS-14's earlier than they would have had them.
>>
>>14732006
The high mobility Zakus and Act Zakus had their own share of issues. Only some of the high mobility testing types could use beam weapons as reactor output was reserved for the thrusters. UC's thermonuclear rockets mean that reactor heat energy plays a role in producing thrust, because reactor heat is used to heat up the propellant.

The Act Zaku suffered the same problem as the Gelgoog. Deployed way too late in the war due to lengthy development, and the few units that they got off the factory lines were given machine guns because Zeon couldn't make enough beam weapons for them. Databooks fluff tells us the Gelgoog was ready as soon as October, but not with mass production beam rifles.
>>
>>14732006
You can't just slap a better reactor into a zaku. They really aren't that modular or designed to handle such a reactor, which is why the couple of zaku that could use beam weapons were pretty much entirely redesigned from the ground up. It was better to build a next gen machine that was not only built intended for beam weaponry, but had vastly upgraded performance compared to the zaku II.
>>
>>14732058
>>14732344
But what about the various updated zaku II seen in Unicorn that can fight against GM III?

inb4 zeonwank
>>
>>14732350
Well for one you hardly see Zakus at all. Just a cannon type. The rest of the remnants used high performance late war MS with minor updates over the years.
>>
>>14732350
The only Zaku I recall being used by the Remnants is a Zaku 1 Sniper and a Zaku Canon.
>>
>>14732350
>But what about the various updated zaku II

You're going to need to point those out to me. All I saw was a zaku cannon and zaku sniper. The cannon was never shown fighting the gmIII and the sniper was picking things off from a distance before getting raped by the Jesta.

Funny enough to this discussion, despite being a zaku I the sniper type has a beam weapon. This is because that huge thing on its back is a dedicated reactor and the gun is modified from a ship beam turret iirc.
>>
>>14732384
Just rewatched both the attack on Paulo and the attack on Torrington base and I can safely say neither had Zaku IIs. Maybe the anon is confusing the Geara Dogas with Zaku IIs and the Jegans with GM IIIs?
>>
>>14722566
10/10
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.