[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this count as tokusatsu They put on Power Armor to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: GODS-OF-EGYPT-poster.jpg (790KB, 1000x1481px) Image search: [Google]
GODS-OF-EGYPT-poster.jpg
790KB, 1000x1481px
Does this count as tokusatsu

They put on Power Armor to fight each other
>>
>>14718889
Doctor Who and Star Trek count as tokusatsu in Japan. It literally means a show with liberal usage of special effects.
>>
I saw this movie, the fight sequences are quite literally Garo if Garo had a budget.
>>
File: DIIIIIINNNGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (214KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DIIIIIINNNGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
214KB, 675x1000px
>>14718889
I'm sure the comparison's been made before but
>DIIIIINNNGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
>>
>>14718889
Set some how seems weaker after install other Gods body parts
>>
>>14718957
So, how is the movie anyway? I haven't seen it but I kept remembering it existed
>>
>>14718889
It pisses me off so much whenever jackasses make Anubis or Hades as bad guys
>>
File: Dingo_Egret.jpg (229KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Dingo_Egret.jpg
229KB, 1200x1600px
>>14719359
>You Devil!
>>
>>14719403
Yeah, Hades was a surprisingly okay guy compared to the other dudes in the pantheon
>>
>>14718957
But would you recommend it?
>>
>>14719499
I think the bit where he rode up over ground and kidnapped a girl to be his bride would piss off the moralfags.
>>
>>14719499
He was one of the very few who didn't go around raping, cursing people or being a faggot in general and aside from the weird shit he pulled with his wife and mother in law he really was a pretty chill god
>>
>>14719403
Oh, come on, Disney's Hades wasn't that bad.
>>
>>14719511
While that is a given it would be retarded to make his only morally questionable act the reason to make him a villain while every other god treats humans like absolute trash, iif they want to get triggered by something they could look into the story of medusa and how she became that horrid monster

>>14719518
Well yeah, he was still a muderous asshole but that is a given for a cartoon and every single other work he does appear he is essentially turned into fucking Satan
>>
>>14719526
Hades also petitioned to kill the son of Apollo because he saved too many people and left his realm lacking of people.

The greek pantheon were all interesting characters with advantages and flaws, there was no perfect morally just god.
>>
>>14719511
>>14719512
Remember that he did that because Zeus told him to

>Hey Zeus, I'm in love with your daughter Persephone, what should I do?
>No problem Hades, good thing you came to me, the #1 expert on ladies. Just carry her off! Chicks love it when you do that
>Really?
>Yeah, trust me. It's all cool, man!
>Thanks Zeus!
And you know the rest

tl;dr the actual asshole was, as usual, Zeus.
>>
>>14719543
I honestly did not remember that, at least he didn't just send a natural disaster his way I guess, then again Hades also had a really lame power with his invisibility helmet
>>
>>14719553
Come on, you don't know this dude?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asclepius
>>
>>14719543
>petitioned
key word right there
>>
>>14719567
I know about him I just didn't remember about the petition thing, also its hilarious that one of the alternate version of that is that Zeus killed him for accepting gold for the ressurreciton of Hippolytus
>>
>>14719576
Well, if he didn't petition it...
>>
>>14719396
meh, its sorta cool to look at

just watch it while drunk and/or high and you should be fine

fucking Ra with his pew pew stick tho
>>
>>14719590
No, normally greek gods would just fuck with the other person without giving a shit about what others might think
>>
>>14719567
>Zeus killed Asclepius with a thunderbolt because he brought Hippolytus back alive from the dead and accepted gold for it.
>Other stories say that Asclepius was killed because after bringing people back from the dead, Hades thought that no more dead spirits would come to the underworld, so he asked his brother Zeus to stop him. This angered Apollo who in turn killed the Cyclopes who made the thunderbolts for Zeus.
>>
>>14719666
Well, this is Apollo's son that we are talking about.

Everyone respected Apollo.
>>
>>14719396
One of the best movies of the year unironically
>>
>>14718889

kingslayer
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.