[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How recommended is it that I read the Getter Robo manga up to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 6028.jpg (56KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
6028.jpg
56KB, 225x319px
How recommended is it that I read the Getter Robo manga up to this point to watch the Shin Getter vs. Neo OVA? I really want a new Getter anime but I've finished all the others. I'm only a volume into the manga though.
>>
>>14718233
Once you finish the first manga, you're pretty much set. None of the OVAs directly adapt the manga, they just use some story elements from them. Though you should read the manga anyways.
>>
>>14718233
Just finish the first manga. It's not that recommended though the original universe is the manga.
>>
>>14718387

What do you mean? More specifically, does the OVA reference the first arc much?
>>
Doesn't really matter with OVA/Animation, most of them are self contained stories or may be reimaginings of series.
However it's good to read through manga when you can since they are really good reads.
Order is Getter Robo>Getter Robo G>Getter Robo Go>Shin Getter robo>Getter Robo Arc for when Ishikawa was still alive and making the series(hence original).

>>14718706
Nah. Shin v Neo uses Musashi's fate but the story is an original universe based off of Getter Robo Go.
>>
Thanks guys. I'll go ahead and watch it then and finish the manga in the future.
>>
>>14718233
I doubt you finished the Go anime. It's not even subbed.
>>
I watched the ovas out of order and read the manga out of order (that was the only options at the time in the case of the manga.) Honestly I think people should read the manga first but all the ovas work fine as stand alone.
>>
>>14718706
After Musashi bites it, the story is pretty much the first manga, but with the characters and mecha from Go
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.