[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else keeping up with Go Nagai's Susano Oh? This manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: img000057.png (948KB, 1634x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000057.png
948KB, 1634x1200px
Anyone else keeping up with Go Nagai's Susano Oh? This manga is so far crazier than even Devilman. It started as a high school series with psychic teens, but now there's a fucking spaceship.

The art is really good and consistent too, holy shit.
>>
>>14718069
What's it about?
>>
>>14718091
It's a high school manga with psychics. Our main hero gets into confrontation with a mysterious psychic organisation called Nosferatu.

I could tell you more, but I think it might be in spoiler territory.
>>
I mean, I didn't even know where the plot was headed.

But it's really crazy once you find out.
>>
Devilman was not crazy. The plot actually works and the story flows really well. Susanoo is a trainwreck, it gives me a headache to even think about it. I never thought it would be possible but this is actually worse than Shuntendoji. A lightning never strikes twice, at least Nagai managed to finish Devilman while he was still at his best. It only goes downhill from there.
>>
>>14718283
All you're literally saying that Susano Oh is bad because it's a trainwreck.

I disagree, Susano Oh is an entertaining trainwreck and one of his best mangas. I can see why he won the Kodansha award with it.

The plot is more complex than Devilman, and the art is honestly better, no offense to Devilman, but 80s Nagai is where he's pretty much at the top of his game.
>>
Also you hate on Shuten Douji although that was pretty much one of his best works.

I guess you don't get Nagai and his complex plots. It went over your head.
>>
>>14718323
>I guess you don't get Nagai and his complex plots. It went over your head.

Try reading a book for a change. If you think Nagai is that complex. Now, I'm not saying something needs to be deep or complex in order to be enjoyable, but Nagai was mostly playing around with popular science fiction tropes from his time. And by that I don't mean stuff like Star Wars or whatever Hollywood was trying to pass as "sci-fi" but the stuff you could find in the novels from the golden age of science fiction. Ishinomori probably introduced him to the likes of Robert A. Heinlein and Asimov. I read a manga made before Nagai's time where he does the same to Fujio Akatsuka. Ishinomori was big into science fiction literature.

Now, it's fine if you enjoy Nagai, if you think he's great and everything. He's not for me and I'm ok with that. But you're putting too much credit into what he was doing back then. Nagai is influential alright, but people here tend to overestimate what he did for manga. Mostly because they never bothered reading what came before. They just assume Nagai introduced a bunch of complex themes into manga when he was just doing what his mentors were doing at the time. Gekiman is all about him getting tired of being a gag manga artist and pursuing his dream of making a "serious" science fiction epic like Ishinomori and Tezuka, which resulted in Devilman.

It's fine to like Nagai, but try to expand your perspective. Learn about what made Go Nagai into this Go Nagai you like so much. Where he got his ideas from, what inspired him. I think the works he produced in that era are kinda weak, but maybe that's just me. If you enjoy then, great. Just make yourself a favor and read other classic authors before spawning more misinformation. Don't take this as a troll post, I'm being serious for a change.
>>
>>14718069
It's a must read and manages to be just as crazy as the Black Lion manga.
>>
>>14718566
Not just Fujio Akatsuka and Nagai, I think it was pretty much that entire generation of action sci-fi mangaka and writers. The dude who wrote Dirty Pair and Crusher Joe was the president of Nagai's fanclub, and Ishikawa predominantly did three things in the 80s: golden age-esque sci-fi, gag manga and violent mahjong manga.
>>
>>14718566
>read other classic authors before spawning more misinformation
What misinformation have I spread?

Don't pull shit out of your ass.

>read other classic authors
Such as and why?

>Ishinomori was big into science fiction literature.
Why the fuck should I care about Ishinomori? I don't give a shit about science fiction either. What makes you think I do?

Get fucked faggot spic. Just because you wrote a bunch of nonsense doesn't make your opinion on Shuten Douji and Susano Oh any more valid.
>>
>>14718566
Nagai is literally a better Ishinomori. Cry some more.
>>
>>14718838
>love to be hated by you.
Sorry but I'm not even granting you that.

It's pretty sad that you're so jealous of Nagai that you proceed to ruin threads about them.

You should kill yourself desu
>>
>>14721221
Do you really needed to resurrect this old dead thread just to say that? No one cares, just let it die.
>>
>>14721261
>old dead thread
It was only made a few hours ago you retard. Kill yourself Pablo
>>
>>14721264
And there was literally no discussion. No one is reading this shit or want to talk about it.
>>
>>14718283
Shutendoji is worth it just for the finsl episode, its really good
Not to mention its one of Annos favorites, and you can definitely tell with the Psychology stuff.
>>
>>14718566
Fuck off spic ive been a /lit/ regular since it was just an /r9k/ thread, ive read more of the western canon than you have I guarantee. And I fuckin love Nagai.
>>
>>14721413
>ive been a /lit/ regular

Stopped reading here.
>>
>>14721281
I'm reading about it so get fucked Pablo

>>14721413
This.
>>
>>14721497
Great. You sure added a lot to this already shitty thread. Good job.
>>
>>14721508
It would have been better without spics like you
>>
>>14721510

It would be the same shit except with no responses whatsoever. Good thing I'm around to bump your threads no one cares for.
>>
>>14721516
it's not my thread Pablo.

Please fuck off back to Garada.
>>
File: elchapo.jpg (98KB, 748x795px) Image search: [Google]
elchapo.jpg
98KB, 748x795px
>>14718283
>>14718566
>>14718838
>>14721261
>>14721461
>>14721508
>>14721516
>>
>>14721521

Great this thread went somewhere, huh? Sure a lot of Susanoo talk here.
>>
>>14718838
Report the fuck outta this post. Hes straight up admitting to being a shitposter.
>>
>>14721579

So it's ok as long as I don't admit it's shitposting? Swell. Lesson learned.

Still great to see how much great discussion these Go Nagai "masterpieces" get.
>>
>>14722466
stop shitposting ishimorifag
>>
>>14722466
Meanwhile Ishinomori gets none lmao
>>
>>14722468

I'm not shitposting. I never shitpost. Shitposting is wrong, it's bad for you and you should not do it.

I'm doing this right now?

Man, what amazing thread we're having here.
>>
>>14722503

Wow, if it would get the same warm reception as this one, I would be having a blast right now. You guys sure know how to how to create such great threads. I wish Ishimori fans were this enthusiastic. It's almost like anyone cares outside of Mazinger and Devilman.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.