[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu. Thought the first half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2016-09-05-19h47m07s772.png (347KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-09-05-19h47m07s772.png
347KB, 640x482px
Finished Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu.

Thought the first half of the show was a massive slog, but it got Good at the mid point. Had pretty Dope Mechs and music too.

what were your guys thoughts on it?
>>
>Your guy thoughts on it
Nice grammer

but sarcasm aside, I sorta feel the same way.
It would have been better if it was a lot shorter and cut down all the filler and focused on making the animation look great, instead of garbage.
>>
Unarguably the best 70s anime stuck in the mid-2000s ever.

The designs, the tropes, the creativity in battles, the shoddy animation quality even the bloody ending song with children singers - all it's missing is one crucifixion scene and a pair of sideburns.
>>
>>14717262
and Akira Kamiya voicing a super robot pilot protag
>>
File: well played.jpg (97KB, 304x400px) Image search: [Google]
well played.jpg
97KB, 304x400px
the captain is totally gonna be his dad. Oh, he's not

Well then proist is his dad. Oh..SHE'S not. Also she's a she and fucking crazy

His dad is some rando scientist
>>
The 2 fights with Nouza early on and the entire last third when the other 2 Maryus appear were excellent
The rest was okay
>>
>>14717262
>the shoddy animation quality
Aside from a few instances of off model, 70s shows general look really good animation wise. It's very rare that I watch one and see a slideshow fight scene
>>
>>14717882
how does 70s gaiking compare with the new one exactly?

I know they aren't the same show, aside from the same mech.
>>
>>14717893
>they aren't the same show, aside from the same mech.

Thats pretty much it.
>>
Is Gaiking a Go Nagai creation?
>>
>>14717262
>Unarguably the best 70s anime stuck in the mid-2000s ever.

Did you not even watch Godannar?

>>14722676
He's apparently the (uncredited) creator of the original, but has nothing to do with the 2004 one except for its loose connections to the first show.
>>
>>14717262
>>14723287
In fairness, Kotetsushin Jeeg can also be a contender to the title, even if the new characters make it sillier than the original at times.
>>
>>14723287
>Did you not even watch Godannar?

Outside of the openings and endings and a bunch of references it didn't really felt like a stereotypical 70s show to me and more like one of those parodies you see in slice of life shows but stretched out for 26 episodes.
>>
>>14722676
>>14723405
They're all Good to varying degrees
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.