[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/ I've lost my gunner, you'll have to make this shot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

/m/ I've lost my gunner, you'll have to make this shot. I'll cover.

Set your harpoon and follow me on the next pass
>>
How is it possible that Luke was the first person ever to consider using tow cables to take down an AT-AT?

Would it not be their obvious weakness to just have giant ropes ready to trip em?
>>
>>14711385
I'm with you rogue leader
>>
>>14711393
Most people tend to die when AT-ATs show up. THey're pretty much invincible to direct fire and can kill anything ground-based easily.
>>
>>14711393
They were certainly seen firing at the legs with little to no effect, and I can't imagine most combat vehicles come with harpoons and cables as standard equipment. Why were even the Snowspeeders equipped with them? That sure seemed like a lucky break.
>>
>>14711420
Well, they were outfitted for the snow and ice, so grappling hooks/cables/harpoons are probably par for the course.

I find it hard to believe the Empire never actually fought any rebels on snowy planets before though.
>>
All wings, report.
>>
>>14711420
The T-47 was originally designed as an air tug. Snowspeeders had lasers and extra armor as modifications
>>
>>14711430
>I find it hard to believe the Empire never actually fought any rebels on snowy planets before though.
The rebellion wasn't supposed to be a huge army, anon. There weren't really that many open battles at all. The one on Hoth was only to buy time to escape.

I mean, I'm sure there's plenty of bullshit in the EU but if we're talking about the movie itself.
>>
File: yub yub this motherfucker.jpg (55KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
yub yub this motherfucker.jpg
55KB, 480x380px
>>14711430
Or primitive woodland creatures for that matter.
>>
>>14712198
To be fair the Empire and its rather apparent pro-human bias probably suffers from the sort of arrogance that would result in them getting styled on by teddy bears in the woods.
>>
>>14712198
>>14712204
To be fair, chimps are pretty fucking strong, so it's not hard to believe that Ewoks, which are basically more organozed chimps, could rip into some Imps. Besides, it's not like fiction is full of little buggers that fuck up a technologically superior force.
>>
>>14711420
The snow speeders were modified civilian craft that were basically used for tugging larger vessels and pulling cargo iirc. The tow cable was leftover from that.
>>
File: spiderman.jpg (51KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.jpg
51KB, 576x432px
Hey, any of you guys remember that really old movie, The Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>14712234
They were supposed to be wookies originally
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.