[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about how awful SEED is and how all the seedfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: ashitsuki.png (335KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ashitsuki.png
335KB, 600x600px
Let's talk about how awful SEED is and how all the seedfags should die in a hole.
>>
File: ok.png (60KB, 440x308px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
60KB, 440x308px
>>14710936
>>
Akatsuki looks fine. I'm planning to kitbash one with the Delta Gundam.
>>
I actually liked the first half of Seed quite a bit. It fell apart right around the time Kira got the Freedom but up until then it wasn't bad at all.

Same thing with Destiny. I felt like it had a strong start but completely fell apart at around ep 10 or so, and only had a few good parts sprinkled around here and there until it ended.
>>
>>14710936
People who rage over chinese cartoon for teens should die in a hole
>>
Good thread.
>>
>>14710949
Why though?
Delta Gundam looks better on its own.
And Hyaku Shiki is even better.
>>
What's the point of the sword pack on the Impulse anyways? In the episode where Kira got "killed" you can clearly just shoot just one of them for immediate use while using the Force pack.
Does Shinn ever actually sheathe the sword and use anything else the sword pack has instead of discarding the whole thing in favour of a different setup?
>>
>>14710936
Destiny was shit, I liked some of the Mecha designs and SEED is alright as a standalone.

There, I said it.
>>
>>14711293
It has hardpoints to carry the sword and beam boomerangs. Otherwise it's a simple backpack with less shit sticking out, I assume for maximum limb mobility. No worries about bumping into or slicing through ones own backpack while twirling a 30+ metre long double ended sword.
>>
File: fuckyeahbro.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeahbro.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>14711305
>>
File: the best part of SEED Destiny.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the best part of SEED Destiny.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
Destiny has one major problem from my 2/3rds watched perspective.
Kira fucking Yamato.
I cheered when the Impulse fucked the Freedom.
>>
File: 1469528077745.jpg (41KB, 865x576px) Image search: [Google]
1469528077745.jpg
41KB, 865x576px
>>14711359
>this show is bad because i wanted a minor antagonist to be the hero
>>
File: 32847783_p0.jpg (362KB, 900x1102px) Image search: [Google]
32847783_p0.jpg
362KB, 900x1102px
>>14710936
Watched SEED earlier this year and thought it was just okay. Easily its biggest problem was the constant need to show recaps and flashbacks. And I didn't like its use of colors.
Destiny was better until the last 10 or so episodes, where it nosedived in quality.
Yzak best girl and Duel best gundam.
>>
I have a question. Why does Nicol have a different voice on the games? He is Romi Park on every game but in the show he has another voice.
>>
File: damn right.gif (985KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
damn right.gif
985KB, 500x281px
>>14710936
Still better than pic related
>>
>>14711359

The fights not even that good. It tries to trick you into thinking it is because it doesn't use stock footage for 90 percent of it, but it's just a slightly better animated pew pew fest, with Kira putting minimal resistance in because the plot wants him to lose for once.
>>
File: zakuwarrior.jpg (120KB, 299x520px) Image search: [Google]
zakuwarrior.jpg
120KB, 299x520px
>>14710936
You know for all its faults, I liked Destinys remixes of old mobile suits.

>>14710950
Also this. Destiny is fun until you realise that Shinn's not getting any development.
>>
File: 1421592558191.jpg (147KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1421592558191.jpg
147KB, 1024x1280px
>>14712486

>minor antagonist
He's the fucking hero for the first ten episodes! It's what pissed me off, here we have a conflicted individual who's already more interesting than Kira ever was, but oh no, Kira's back! And he's now the main character! Shinn got stiffed hard, he didn't even get to fight Kira in the last episode, he got relegated to the B-fight on what was supposed to be his own show.

>>14717275

For me, I found the 'old' designs kind of jarring. Given that the GINN was just the SEED version of the ZAKU, seeing an actual ZAKU turn up made me think it was nothing more than a fat GINN. SEED set itself up with it's own design philosophy that borrowed from older designs but had its own ideas along the way, then proceeded to shit all over it by actually using the older designs in Destiny.
>>
>>14710936
So I'm watching Seed for the first time since I feel like I have to at least attempt to watch everything gundam.

I'm 16 episodes in and I hate almost every character. Really the only characters I can actually say I like are La Flaga, and the chief mechanic dude.

Idk how much farther I can make it.
>>
>>14717332
>he got relegated to the B-fight on what was supposed to be his own show.
Neither of those engagements at the end of the series were actual fights. IJ was toying with the Impulse and Destiny, until Athrun got bored of playing after Shinn almost killed his own girlfriend. SF vs Legend is just Kira replaying the final boss fight from SEED with a Gameshark enabled.

>>14717268
Did Kira ever use the hip-mounted railguns during that fight? They're usually his go-to 'stun/damage enemies at close-but-not-melee range' weapon, given that it does eff all against phase shift armor.
>>
>>14717343
shut up and watch it faggot
thats what it means to be a gundam faggot
>>
>>14717332
>2016
>still thinking Athrun wasn't the main character of the early parts until he handed the role back to Kira
>>
>>14717596
It's not nearly as consistent as that. Athrun gets most of the focus during the space arc, but when they drop on Earth Athrun gets sidelined and doesn't do anything for a long time aside from randomly complaining at Shinn with stuff that seems completely out of character - "Shinn, you must follow orders like a good soldier! Shinn don't rush to save people!" It's mostly Shinn's show aside from the one episode where Kira returns. That Shinn focus continues up to the Freedom's destruction episode, aside from Kira getting another episode focused on him. Then, after that, Shinn is finally sidelined for Kira. They don't even bother making any actual alliance pilot character for the Zaft vs Alliance battles at that point.
>>
>>14717639
The EA only exists in the last ten episodes to make Shinn look good when he wrecks their entire army twice with zero effort, so that Kira and Athrun look even better when they wreck Shinn twice with zero effort.
>>
>>14717332
>Shinn
>interesting
I wish people who don't know anything would just shut up.
That's Shinns whole fucking personality: he's an emo drama queen who thinks he's suffered more than anyone else in the history of ever and he has his ass on his shoulders about it.
>>
>>14710936
>SEED
One of the most underrated Gundam series IMO. It is sadly outshined and ruined by Destiny.
>>
>>14717690
No need for spoilers. The show's like 12 years old.

I will point out that various characters (Domon, Kamille) start off exactly at that character arc.
But I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Shinn is a great character. I don't think they knew what the fuck they were doing with him outside of the first 13 episodes.

There's a few episodes where his behaviour is just...fucking weird, like the entire point was to have him Argue With Athrun Again.

There's the episode where TWO ZAFT subs get sunk because they won't fight as a group, and nobody says anything about them
And then there's the episode where he gets into an argument with a little girl, and starts flip flopping on the idea of his piloting ability for no reason other than to have an argument with Athrun.

I'm of the opinion that only a handful of the characcters in this show are passable, and Kira/Athrun/Shinn/Neo/Cagaili/Lacus don't make the cut.
>>14717645
The "Best" part of those final battles is that they're full of stock footage from fights from the Orb Battle!

Why did Shinn perform so poorly against S-Freedom? Shouldn't they be equal at this point? Were they trying to imply that he was relying on Impulse's abilities the entire time? Did Kira just step up his game? Did he train?

Or maybe, like many other things, they just didn't even fucking car.

Fuck off, /m/! How do you keep managing to drag me back in to talk about this quagmire!?
>>
>>14717730
Auel and Yzak were the best
>>
>>14717730
The way Cagali and Neo were handled was straight up assassination of the best characters in SEED
>>
>>14717773
Why did Cagaili HAVE to get married to Yuna? I still don't understand
>>
>>14717810

Because political handcuffs, apparently refusing an engagement made without your knowledge is impolite in the nation of Orb.

It is never made known whether it was Uzumi who set the deal down two years ago (would make sense at least, the then-leader makes the marriage and dies, leaving the child to honor the deal or get ostracized) or did the Seirans somehow back her into a corner with completely no agreement ever alluded to apart from their words and the audience being expected to accept is as offscreen development (which would just double the already humongous pile of stupid that is anything related to Cagalli in Destiny).
>>
>>14717773
>here's a new special gundam for you
>you get to job in it to shinn for an episode and then you never pilot anything again
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.