[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomino said in a 1998 interview that fujoshis are the true g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: tomino.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tomino.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
Tomino said in a 1998 interview that fujoshis are the true gundam fans and that the male fans and model builders are little shits and fake geek boys.

Source: http://dargol.blog3.fc2.com/blog-entry-4241.html
"What I want modern day Gundam fans to understand is that Gundam wasn't nurtured by the PlaModel enthusiasts. It was young women who first came to the after recording studio, and Gundam is a work that began with their support. And it was a work that had no connection to the popularity of Gundam PlaModels. So I think the most important thing is creating a work that will attract those kind of girls to it again. I don't think movies as an entertainment industry can succeed without touching on that kind of fundamental portion."

“The very first fans of the original Gundam were young women. Definitely not the PlaModel enthusiasts. With both Gundam and Raideen, of the first fans to be active, 90% were girls. Among a gathering of 1000 fans, about 100 were boys. Around when the first cour ended, young women began to gather to the after recording studio. It took until much later for male fans make an uproar, around the time series got canceled. I thought: You’re late to the party!”

"When the movies were screening, we had many male fans who got into Gundam via Gunpla come to see it. Meanwhile, the girls who had been fans since the TV series aired got together to create their own world via fanzines. The fans, never interacting with each other, existed on separate planes."
>>
File: 1456991334391.jpg (40KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456991334391.jpg
40KB, 960x960px
>>
ITT: we make up our own translations for random interviews
>>
>>14710687
Haha snapshits a faggot
>>
>>14710677
Makes sense that he'd say stuff like this in the lead-up to Turn A.

>>14710690
You can always use Google Translate. Don't know about the specifics, but the gist seems to be the same as OP makes it.
>>
>>14710677
He just wants more Garma x Char doujins.
>>
>>14710778
>>14710778
Who doesn't, though?
>>
File: 1442291981271.jpg (51KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1442291981271.jpg
51KB, 432x288px
>>14711033
>>
>>14710677

Considering I first watched 0079 in 2012, I feel unmoved.

>reminder that Tomino also said G-Reco was 2deep4adults
>>
Tomino is retarded, surprise surprise.
>>
>>14710677
ITT: White boys get upset that they're not special
>>
>>14710677
>With both Gundam and Raideen, of the first fans to be active, 90% were girls.
Makes sense since Akira, Garma and Char were eye candy.
>>
>>14711299

It's more like he is totally wrong since Gundam would be nothing without toys and the toys are literally the point of the franchise.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that Tomino is basically moronic and his shows succeeded in spite of him, not because.
>>
>>14711300
Sayla and Zaku are eye candy too, but fanboys took forever to notice.
>>
>>14711301
>It's more like he is totally wrong since Gundam would be nothing without toys and the toys are literally the point of the franchise.
>HURRDURR I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE FRANCHISE AT ITS EARLIEST POINTS THAN THE MAN WHO WAS LITERALLY AMONG THOSE IN CHARGE OF IT ALL

You're so fucking butthurt right now, it's obvious.
The original Gundam toy line FLOPPED.
FLOPPED.
FAILED.
We all know that. It's why the show got cancelled. Boys didn't buy them nor watch the show. But Girls did watch the show. That's what he says. The first active FANS of the show were women. The boys only came later around the time the show got cancelled.

Gundam would have never even gotten proper toys if it were not for the FANS showing support and that there was a market.
>>
>>14711308

The girls only watched it to fantasize about Char/Gamma buttsex.
>>
File: Gundam_First_Sayla10s.jpg (39KB, 399x616px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_First_Sayla10s.jpg
39KB, 399x616px
>>14711309
SAYLA BATH SCENE IN MOVIES and SAYLA'S NIPPLES IN MONTHLY OUT are very well known Gundam success anecdotes from the early days next to the Gunpla boom. It's up to your judgement if anyone from the shippers and toy builders and nipple-fappers also loved Gundam for the story.
>>
>>14710677
>So I think the most important thing is creating a work that will attract those kind of girls to it again. I don't think movies as an entertainment industry can succeed without touching on that kind of fundamental portion."

What I'm getting from this is that Tomino makes boring shit that only fujos like, because fujos are the most shallow anime fans of all and they really don't care about anything else except whether or not it has some hot guys for them to ship together in their minds, with the actual quality of the show not mattering at all.

Tomino thinks that the fujos liked his work on the basis of some kind of merit, because he is out of touch, and then shits on the actual fans ie. the masochists who actually sat through the insanely long and wandering middle portions of his borefests to get to the good parts.

>People still defend this man and call him some sort of subtle genius and master of the intricacies of human interaction when every interview with him essentially proves he is autistic
>>
>>14710778
Tomino is into Amuchar. Charma is Yas' dream ship.
>>
>>14710677
fujoshi are scums that needs to get put down
>>
>>14711358

Sad thing is you're probably an /a/utist who squeals with delight at the slightest hint of yuri in your animus.
>>
>>14711309
You say that like it's a bad thing.

And when did Charma start getting more traction than Charmuro on here?
>>
>>14711517
nice projection anon tumblr safe place is that way
>>
>>14712168
Tumblr likes yuri, too, Mr. I'm-So-Scared-Of-The-Tumblr-Boogeyman.
>>
>>14712174
calm down retard
>>
>>14711308
>>HURRDURR I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE FRANCHISE AT ITS EARLIEST POINTS THAN THE MAN WHO WAS LITERALLY AMONG THOSE IN CHARGE OF IT ALL
Not him but you can't always trust what creators or people in charge say about their vision or what were driving forces. Look at someone like Anno who has bought into the deep meme and is so full of shit to make EVA have some deep philosophical meaning besides the basics about human interaction that says the meaning of EVA changes every few years. Or you can look at Kakudo who made Digimon Adventure 02 if you want someone who is literally fucking insane and recalls the entire process of working on 02 or original adventure differently from everyone else.

I'm not saying what Tomino said is fully false, but given his reputation of being kinda crazy and a bit of a moron I wouldn't trust everything he says at face level.
>>
I like giant robots.
>>
File: 1446657107639.jpg (88KB, 617x576px) Image search: [Google]
1446657107639.jpg
88KB, 617x576px
>>14712202
>>
>>14711318
>SAYLA'S NIPPLES IN MONTHLY OUT
What is that?
>>
>>14712296
Pic from the anime magazine Out. Tomino supposedly commented on it that she wasn't quite beautiful enough, but I don't know the details.
>>
>>14710677
>tomino is a fag that just wants to get into girls' panties
This is news now?
>>
Kek you retards are arguing and don't even know if the translation is correct.
>>
File: 1471802077540.jpg (155KB, 481x516px) Image search: [Google]
1471802077540.jpg
155KB, 481x516px
>>14710677
>It was young women who first came to the after recording studio
To do what, exactly?
>>
>>14712609
xpurse stop spamming your unfunny forced image meems
>>
The best Gundams achieve Otaku/Fujoshi unity. Go too far in any one direction and you either get shows that are only good as toy ads to Gunpla fags (Unicorn) or shallow Fujoshit (SEED).

>>14711318
>>14712296
>>14712340
Apparently Tomino saw the drawing in a fanzine and got super pissed because they made Sayla's nipples brown instead of pink.
>>
Perhaps Tomino knew crediting Gundam's success to female viewers is an unfair exaggeration, but he likes to be provocative.
>>
>>14711033
Me. I want some CharxLalah.
>>
https://twitter.com/80s_anime/status/773717981780119552
>>
File: nagano.png (827KB, 609x961px) Image search: [Google]
nagano.png
827KB, 609x961px
>>14713156
Basically OP posted this hoping for rage and something to get mad at.

https://twitter.com/80s_anime/status/773919911974436865
>>
>>14712745
Literally thr worst couple in the franchise.
>>
>>14713168

But most of the /m/ reaction is just "Tomino sucks." Which is true, he sucks, and he always sucked.
>>
>>14713168
>Basically OP posted this hoping for rage and something to get mad at.

So like half the threads on /m/? At least he has an actual source to back it up.
>>
>>14710677
Seems to me like he's lamenting the fact that male fans didn't come around until after the models became popular and even then they didn't really interact with fans that had watched the show when it was airing.
>>
Men needs to beg for female pilots as main characters in Gundam if they want to compete with fujos double time
>>
>>14714543

Fujos don't like female characters unless they are so insanely bland that the fujos can self-insert as them. And even then they would rather not have one because it gets in the way of dudes interacting with each other, which is what fuels their homo fantasies.
>>
>>14713181
I like most of his work and even I think posting snippets of an interview and presenting it as fact is dumb. Tomino is never consistent about the things he says. It doesn't help that OP seemingly translated this just to get a reaction out of people here to post on Twitter. It's like what Moonanonymous did with Nagano.

Also, I've never read a similar statement from Gundam staff in any other interviews. Weird.
>>
>>14713168
It was obvious from the moment OP said "fake geek boys" that it'd be some Tumblrina
>>
>>14714569
Funny thing is, if the fujos actually cared, why didn't they buy the merchandise? At least this generation of fujos actually support the shows they like.
>>
Does it even matter?

You're all so focused on gender that it's honestly gotten kind of stupid.

That goes for you, too, Khoda.
>>
>>14714585

It kind of does matter because men and women like different things, and the things women primarily like about mecha anime(homosex) doesn't gel well with what I like(sick robot fights). So if women are pandered to I will lose out.
>>
>>14714585
>Implying she's still here after she got her screen caps
>>
>>14714588
>and the things women primarily like about mecha anime(homosex)
My best female friend watches mecha for the straight guys first and robutts second, women=/=fujo.
>>
>>14714600

Whatever, man, she watches it for the guys.
>>
>>14714604
Most males also watch /m/ shows for the girls.
>>
>>14714624

The girls are a bonus. Only the lowest waifushitters watch /m/ shows solely for the girls. They are shit too.
>>
>>14714627
>The girls are a bonus
For you, most people watch mecha for the girls or the fanservice, don't kid yourself.
Women who're into mecha also tend to watch it for the guys, fujo or not, it's normal.

If you say you care more about mechs in the first place you shouldn't even be worried about anything else, I mean, if you are worried about homosex or fujo "pandering" you shouldn't watch mecha to begin with since it has always been a huge sausagefest and little has changed in over 40 years.
>>
>>14714650

Do you not understand the difference between merely having a lot of guys for characters and fujo pandering?

Are you retarded? Are you a woman?
>>
File: 04010127501.jpg (436KB, 1000x1526px) Image search: [Google]
04010127501.jpg
436KB, 1000x1526px
Honestly a mecha director would say that since he wants to tell a story about humans in dire situations (Tomino in this case about interpersonal understanding and relationships).
A mecha designer likes the fans that love his work.
As far as popular appeal goes it would be more pleasing to hear "I love your characters sooo I cried all night at the ending and then published a book about the sex" since it means he succeeded.
Have you seen old doujins anyway?
>>
File: 80s Daimos yaoi doujin.jpg (565KB, 1200x1012px) Image search: [Google]
80s Daimos yaoi doujin.jpg
565KB, 1200x1012px
>>14714664
This takes forever to get to fucking thanks to pages like this.
>>
>>14714664
Imagine if fujo pairings actually made sense
>>
>>14714575
They didn't buy the original toys probably for the same reason nobody else bought them. They were awful.
>>
>>14714675
Not like there were any standards then.
>>
>>14714654
I'm neither, but I'm not one of those guys who're bothered by either sexual pandering or have a fujoshi paranoia.

People see the things they want to see, hets, fujo and yuri faggots have been making absurd, nonsensical pairings since the dawn of anime, it doesn't bother me, neither does the fact that producers and execs pander to them, I watch /m/ stuff for the mecha, everything else is incidental.

I'm not one of those fags who bitch and moan about Wing or EVA, and if I do it's not because of the fujo crowd, you should learn to detach yourself from the fanbases and the general audience, you'll enjoy things a lot more.
>>
>>14714677
From what I can tell, there actually were standards. A lot of the other robot toys on the market were more accurate to their respective shows and had more features.
>>
>>14714683

Retard, my problem is that fanbases can influence shows to pander to them, which changes the show. Then they're actually changing the show, so you have no choice but to care about the fanbase because they have an effect on the product. I've never hated a show because of who watches it, but when the show is pandering to those people and is worse off for it, then it matters.

The fact that you don't understand this concept means talking to you is pointless.
>>
>>14714687
>my problem is that fanbases can influence shows to pander to them, which changes the show.
Bullshit, shows are tailored for certain audiences, they're created that way from the beginning, nobody changes a product midway to appease to a certain sexually oriented fanbase and even if they do it's not the fanbase's fault, they're just greedy corporate fuckers who don't care about anything else than making money.
>so you have no choice but to care about the fanbase
And that is the most futile of efforts, you might as well find something else to watch.

Besides, I don't really understand what fujoshi or yuri pandering changes, 90% of the shows have garbage writing without even considering fanservice, would Grendizer or EVA be better without the homo moments? Hardly, same with mos other shows.
If you care more about Wing or 00 boys "innuendos" instead of the gigantic plotholes and shitty general writing then you're the one with problems, nothing would have changed in IBO if they removed the fujo pandering because the show had garbage writing to begin with and Godannar wouldn't have been better or worse without the fanservice, same with garbage like Cross Ange.

You're making a big fuss over something that is almost completely inconsequential in 90% of anime, so what if Treize was gay for Zechs? would have changed anything significant? Do shirtless boys bother you that much? Did someone tie you to a chair and made you watch Hot Space Cowboys for hours? What's your problem?
>>
>>14714722
10/10 post
>>
>>14714650
pls stop projecting bro. even when I was like 14 and most prone to that shit I didn't watch mecha for the girls. I did watch sailor moon for the girls though kek
>>
File: 1430989588466.jpg (46KB, 630x464px) Image search: [Google]
1430989588466.jpg
46KB, 630x464px
>>14714764
>>14714764
>pls stop projecting bro.
I ain't, even /m/ is blatant enough in that, there's a dedicated Nena thread for fuck's sake, EVA, Code Geass, Macross F and a lot of other shows are full of waifufags who don't really care much about the shows and only watch for the girls.
>I did watch sailor moon for the girls though kek
>Not watching Sailor Moon for the top tier comedy and GOAT Henshin and hissatsu stock footage
I shall reform you.
>>
>>14710677
Tomino changes his entire philosophy every fucking six months

Whether he said something or not doesn't matter; we don't look up to him, we merely stand and watch as he tells his stories

Like Chris Chan
>>
>>14714830
*Screen caps and posts on Twitter*

Lol, look at this nerdbro
>>
>>14714798

That Nena thread is one faggot.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.