[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything left for me in the Gundam franchise if I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: mobile-suit-gundam.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-gundam.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
Is there anything left for me in the Gundam franchise if I really enjoyed 0079, 0080, Thunderbolt and on the flip side absolutely hated Zeta and am currently hating ZZ?

I'm trying to force myself through the rest of the UC to get the most out of the franchise but if there isn't any light at the end of the tunnel I think I may just give up trying to get into Gundam.
>>
>>14706348

You would probably like 0083 and 8th MS Team at least.
>>
>>14706348
G-savior is a must watch man.
>>
I didn't really like ZZ untill episode 30~ or so but I thought Victory was great (minus the shitty opening just start on episode 2, go to 3, then back to one to save yourself having to deal with the fucked start) and Turn A was my favorite. F91 is worth watching for the fantastic first 30 minutes, and War in the Burger is the best gudam OVA.
>>
>>14706348
How can you hate Zeta but love 0079, they aren't identical but they're similar enough in feeling to make that impossible.
Personally i preferred Zeta.
>>
>>14706491
Zeta is literally the same thing as 0079 except without any of the things that made 0079 interesting.
>>
>>14706348
If you have my taste (and I think you do) then you would still enjoy 0083, 08th MS, and IGLOO enough to make them worth checking out. Also the major UC movies like CCA and Unicorn.

>>14706491
I personally hated where Zeta took the aesthetic. I hate beam weapons everywhere, I hate transforming atmospheric flight suits everywhere. They had to evolve the aesthetic into something more curvy and futuristic and I personally thought a lot of it looked like shit. Maybe telling that the Gundam MK2 was one of my more liked designs from Zeta.
>>
>>14706532
>I hate transforming atmospheric flight suits everywhere
Blame Macross. Once it got popular sunrise started cracking that whip to get the transformable robot dosh.
>>
You will enjoy g gundam
>>
>>14706348
0083 is shit but the MS animation is godly, and it has some of the best Jims in the franchise along with 0080
>>
OP here, how shit/not shit are G and X? Do I need to finish watching the UC to understand whats going on in them?
>>
>>14706348
>enjoyed 0079, 0080, Thunderbolt

Seems like you're really into OYW. You should probably give 08th MST a try. Maybe even 0083.

To be honest, though, if you don't like ZZ just drop it. It's almost entirely skippable and any important plot points from ZZ will be revisited in CCA and 0096. Not saying that they're any better, but if you are just trying to "get through" UC, you don't have to put yourself through a show that you don't enjoy.
>>
>>14707136
G is a love it or hate kind of thing but with a twist. The twist is that if you hate it you're a faggot.
>>
>>14707136
they're both alternate universes so you dont have to know anything about UC going into them.

they're both pretty good and cool series.
>>
File: Dero! Gundam!.png (439KB, 856x640px) Image search: [Google]
Dero! Gundam!.png
439KB, 856x640px
>>14707136
G Gundam is actually one of my favorite series in the franchise. Being a tournament style anime for kids, its plot is thin and formulaic, but the show never loses sight of what it actually is: A kids' show about giant fighting robots. The story never weighs itself down with heavy philosophical bullshit or pseudo-political nonsense like other Gundam shows. In that way it's more honest with itself than the other shows which makes it fun and light-hearted.

Also, Rain is one of the best Gundam girls ever.
>>
>>14706583

Too bad Gundam's transforming suits look like absolute trash. I have worn shoes more aerodynamic than some of those 'flight modes'.
>>
>>14707315
Allenby is better though
>>
>>14706348
>enjoyed Thunderbolt
>hated Zeta
Literally how? All the characters in Thunderbolt are bigger douchebags than anyone in Zeta.
>>
File: GF13-050NSW_Nobel_Gundam_Front.png (88KB, 252x490px) Image search: [Google]
GF13-050NSW_Nobel_Gundam_Front.png
88KB, 252x490px
>>14707336
Also she had a better Gundam.
>>
File: 5309843257.gif (1007KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
5309843257.gif
1007KB, 500x375px
>>14706348
Bro, you owe it to yourself to watch the following;
>08th MS Team
>0083 Stardust Memory
>0080 War in the pocket

All in the same time period, and you don't have to trudge through 50 shitty episodes to get anywhere.
>>
>>14706416

This. First half of ZZ is incredibly dull but I enjoyed it from the Arab planet until the end. Gets a hell of a lot better.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.