[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Aquarions in Logos more powerful than the ones in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Aquarion_Kou.jpg (129KB, 512x892px) Image search: [Google]
Aquarion_Kou.jpg
129KB, 512x892px
Are the Aquarions in Logos more powerful than the ones in Sousei or Evol?
>>
Considerably weaker up until near the end of the show, since they can't form in the real world until then.

All three kinds can basically do anything if they're given or deliver a speech beforehand, making the distinction in power immaterial.
>>
far more specialized
>>
File: justice never dies.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
justice never dies.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>14702386
>>
>>14702489
Did it really have omniversal reality warper?
>>
>>14702550
No. The copypasta is bullshit.

Logos has a lot of powers since it runs off wordplay, but we also see actually using those powers causes Subete to start hemorrhaging from the strain. It never does anything beyond a planetary scale.
>>
File: Aquarion_Jin.jpg (106KB, 496x906px) Image search: [Google]
Aquarion_Jin.jpg
106KB, 496x906px
>>14702386
Yes, except for Jin. Jobber In Next Aquarion.
>>
>>14702386
Nope. The one in Sousei rewrote reality on a multiversal scale.
>>
>>14702622
>The copypasta is bullshit.
the dialogue and images beg to differ
>>
>>14702489
I'm still upset Logos Genesis wasn't a Gattai between Syo and San.
>>
>>14702622

By all accounts Subete isn't really suited for that anyways and is also kind of a shit head.

Maia could probably make it work
>>
So how was Aquarion Logos? Seems like it got panned just about everywhere.
>>
>>14705933
the people who stuck by the show (including me) enjoyed it fairly well. It's got the problem of a kind of weak opening that's only interesting if you REALLY like kanji puns as the basis of the plot, and the second half suffers if you hate Aquarion's love drama bullshit (although I think Akira and Maia are a fine couple) but has some of the series' funniest episodes. The major motivation of the main villain is simultaneously sad and hilarious too
>>
>>14705933
>So how was Aquarion Logos?
Best anime of the current decade.
>Seems like it got panned just about everywhere.
sounds like sheeple
>>
>>14705933
It's the Tamers of the Aquarion franchise
>>
File: aquarion respect.jpg (289KB, 1086x1920px) Image search: [Google]
aquarion respect.jpg
289KB, 1086x1920px
>>14706017

best of the three
>>
>>14702489
Y'know, even before this was spammed, it convinced me NOT to watch the show.
>>
>>14706443
>I let other poster's BS determine what I watch

Well if you want to be stupid that's fine but the show really isn't like that
>>
>>14706072
But the franchise is shit
>>
>>14706072
Except Tamers was well-received and popular. LOGOS was poorly received and unpopular
>>
>>14706468
>But the franchise is amazingly fantastic
Fixed
>>
>>14706478

He means in the sense that it's a third entry that doesn't tie into the previous two

and Logos is only unpopular becuase of how bad Evol shit the bed
>>
Where Kawamori get all the money to fund this?
>>
>>14706564

private weed farm
>>
>>14705933
No budget, it was at its best when it avoided touching mecha and focus on silly shenanigans. Overall it knew what it wanted to be, it just was so damn cheap, with too little focus on side characters.
>>
>>14706564
Pachinko money

Have you seen one of those pachinkos? Shit is amazing, they make new animation and all that for glorified slot machines.
>>
>>14702386
Logos and Vector-Ga are.
>>
>>14706546
And it's also the entry that redeemed the franchise from becoming total shit after its second entry.
>>
>>14706564
Original Aquarion was solidly successful, Evol did even better.

Logos was a kind of scaled down lower budget project they did to give second string/younger staff at Satelight an opportunity to step up and do a thing. A relatively 'safe' project if that makes sense
>>
>>14703890
Ga as torso, 0 as legs, 2 as backpack.
>>
>>14707911
Evol did well but it was really riding off the success of Kawamori's reputation from Frontier
At least that's what it felt like to me at the time
>>
>>14707911
>Original Aquarion was solidly successful
Your ass

Sousei no Aquarion
vol.01 3,822
vol.02 3,410
vol.03 2,879
vol.04 2,897
vol.05 2,652
vol.06 *,***
vol.07 2,716
vol.08 2,369
vol.09 2,323

There's a reason why the sequel joked about the song being the only thing of note to come out of the series. It was a flop otherwise.

>Logos was a kind of scaled down lower budget project they did to give second string/younger staff at Satelight an opportunity to step up and do a thing. A relatively 'safe' project if that makes sense
No it bombed. It was suppose to be the 10th anniversary project yet nobody was interested in it, and it shows, since their focus on Symphogear GX and production on Delta that year so Logos got the short end of the stick and wasn't anywhere near as highly publicized as EVOL.
>>14708535
As much as I hate EVOL its success was largely due to factors of itself rather than Kawamori, lets not forget the other post Frontier work Basquash! bombed hard, getting popular VAs, bringing back AKINO for new songs and actually hiring a prolific and well-known character designer helped a lot in guaranteeing its success and Satelight needed it given how desperate for new work they were at the time so 2012 was their best year ever in terms of revenue made. Fast forward 3 years later Logos is given literal who VAs, no new Akino songs, and ugly as fuck character designs, since by then Symphogear had already become a successful IP that's now rivaling the new Macross in sales what the hell was the point?
>>
>>14702489
Needs more ga.
>>
>>14708568
I assume those are just DVD sales? The series was later released on bluray.
>>
>>14706017
It helps that the romance subplot is the best out of any Aquarion

>>14706577
Aquarion was never really a high budget show. EVOL stands out in that department yet it's easily the worst. The original was pretty cheap.
>>
>>14703877
What kind of dialogue and images are you referring about?
>>
>>14711346
>The series was later released on bluray.
A single BD Box set. Also didn't sell well
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.