[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck, the old Captain Power VHS missions are /m/ af. M

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: CapPowVHS.jpg (248KB, 937x697px) Image search: [Google]
CapPowVHS.jpg
248KB, 937x697px
Holy fuck, the old Captain Power VHS missions are /m/ af.

My cousin gave them to me when we were younger but I never got around to watch them. I finally sat down and played them out of curiosity and I was blown away, the animation in this is fucking insane. Even the mech designs are good.

From what I understand it played like an primitive on-rail shooter with a toy that could register when you got hit. I swear I still have it at my parent's house.

Have a look yourself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS0S0U0DBQo

The good stuff starts at 11:00
>>
There's quite a few cool rail-shooter or quick time event style animated "games" that were in the arcades (and then brought to the PC, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn) back in the day. Some of them have some damn cool animation, though usually choppy. My favorite is Road Avenger, though its not mecha related.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcMfGZPOww4

Danger! Danger! Danger!
>>
>>14700592

That Road Avenger SNES port is one of the most impressive things I've seen in ages; pretty much instantly validated my purchase of an SD2SNES board.
>>
/m/ - old ass shit (we don't care what it is)
>>
>>14700493
Shiiiiiiiit, I remember this shit when I was really little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JQrTCA4O2o
Have a documentary about Captain Power.
>>
>>14701269
Aways seemed like a colossal waste to me that the Sega CD was "the console" for this sort of shit. It is a powerful piece of hardware that can play graphically advanced games like Batman Returns but was instead mainly used to add 64 color windowed FMJ videos to existing games. Looks like garbage. Basically the Genesis is the absolute worst choice for any sort of digitized video or graphics because it has a low color palette. The Sega version of Road Avenger/Blaster does have a unique and superior soundtrack though! And no, it doesn't exist independently of the video and SFX track.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf-pQhUZeiQ
>>
>>14700493
The series died because some parents said the interactive part was promoting violence.
>>
>>14700493
I loved these as a kid. The 3rd video was the best IMO. I wonder why they weren't included as extras in the Captain Power DVD Boxset.

>I finally sat down and played them out of curiosity and I was blown away, the animation in this is fucking insane

The animation was done by AIC and Artmic.

>Even the mech designs are good.

Check out the credits, Mecha design was done by none other than Shinji Aramaki. Also another familiar name in the credits; Soundtrack was by Kenji Kawai of Gundam 00 fame.
>>
>>14700493
>the animation in this is fucking insane.
That's a bit of an over-exaggeration, it's fine but not great.
>>
>>14701904
>Kenji Kawai of Gundam 00 fame.
>Gundam 00 fame

>could have picked any of the Ghost in The Shell movies
>could have picked the entire Patlabor series
>could have picked Tylor
>could have picked anything else that had any value regarding mecha

>nah, let's pick the shittiest Gundam AU
>>
>>14700493
The animation's pretty cool, I like it

Does anybody know if the sound effect at 2:38 (when the jet is warping or whatever) was used in any other anime show? The majority of Track 11 of the Greed 1985 OVA OST is just that SFX
>>
>>14702045
The reason why I'm asking is because I had assumed that it was a sound effect that the composer of the Greed OVA had created himself but I guess that isn't the case anymore
>>
>>14702055
Could be from anything. Stealing sound effects is common practice in B movies and anime.
>>
>>14701971
>the shittiest Gundam AU
Kenji Kawai was in G-Reco?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.