[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that NEED but barely are answered in the /m/echa genre.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: 181.jpg (42KB, 562x900px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
42KB, 562x900px
Questions that NEED but barely are answered in the /m/echa genre.

I've always wondered how the power source was converted into mechanical energy in robots. An extension to this question is how the energy source was useful in it's weaponry. Take IBO, it had a mystery power source that could be used to move the robot but ALSO power the railgun tier weapon.

Another question that never gets answered in scifi, is how a "superior" human is exactly superior. In star wars they had the midi-chlorians, but how do you create or find midi-chlorians? If it cannot be proven why even put it as a plot element? Another example is newtypes, Tomino never went into detail how are these organisms produced so people can do it irl... or how cyber-newtypes get created. How drugs are used to create cyber-newtypes? If the staff didn't know how to create a cyber-newtype, why even use them as a plot element? isn't that lying?
>>
>>14700413
it's 70s psychedelic scifi new age bullshit.
All you need to know.
>>
>>14700413
Depends on the show. In UC Gundam shows, plasma is vented from the reactor to spin turbines. In the original Gundam it's actually the engines of the Core Fighter that spin turbines to generate electrical power, but it also uses plasma venting to assist the electrical motors in the arms and legs. In Turn-A, the Black Hole Engine powers a powerful and advanced I-Field generator that actually moves the Turn-A around without the need for motors at all.
>>
>>14700413
Do you need to know how David Bowie's gonna transport all that water to his home planet in The Man Who Fell to Earth?
Fuck no, it's just a symbol of broken dreams and lost hopes.

Same with newtype bullshit, it's just shounen samurai shit in space, no need to know how it works.
>>
>>14700413
>In star wars they had the midi-chlorians, but how do you create or find midi-chlorians?
George Lucas read the Parasite Eve novel. In short, that story revolves around the fact that every living cell, both plant and animal, has mitochondria in it, and mitochondria are not only technically a separate life form from the animal whose cells they inhabit but life would not be possible without mitochondria. From a certain point of view, every plant and animal is just a device built by mitochondria. George Lucas liked this idea, and inserted it into Star Wars under the name Midichlorians along with the silly idea that some people would have more mitochondria than others. Originally he presented it as if midichlorians were the source of "the will of the force" but later backpedaled (since everyone hated it) and said that extra midichlorians are a sign of high force sensitivity, not the cause of it.
>>
>>14700413
I think VOTOMS is explained in supplementary materials with Ring Polymer Something Or Other which is involved with why they blow up
>>
File: 9802.jpg (57KB, 601x768px) Image search: [Google]
9802.jpg
57KB, 601x768px
>>14700457

Those two games where great. Wish they'd make a third one. Shame they never ever EVER EVER DID! EVER!
>>
>>14700413
Getter is probably the only series that actually explains why the energy is so important, volatile enough for weaponry, and perfect as a fuel source. But then again, that's because Getter rays are a main focus of the story.
>>
>>14700413
>Another example is newtypes, Tomino never went into detail how are these organisms produced so people can do it irl
I'm sorry, but what?

>If the staff didn't know how to create a cyber-newtype, why even use them as a plot element? isn't that lying?
Yes, yes it is.
Wait, no it isn't. It's called story telling. There is no requirement that a author know how his magic element or energy or what ever works, hell they don't need to do anything more than give it a name (and maybe not even that much). Scifi or scifantasy stories aren't instruction manuals, sure it is nicer when a bit of the science is explained, but it isn't a requirement at all. Often times it is better when the authors don't try to explain the technology, because they would just make it harder to believe in since often they don't have any sort of scientific grasp of what they would be trying to explain.
>>
File: NEW.jpg (90KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
NEW.jpg
90KB, 500x625px
>>14700443
>Do you need to know how David Bowie's gonna transport all that water to his home planet in The Man Who Fell to Earth?

Yes. :^3
I want to know what it has to be Earth's water when the most abundant compound in the universe is water. What can of retarded species cannot go past the Frost Line in their own solar system but appearently can appear into others?

>inb4 no water in their solar system or surrounding ones
you do know some moons of Jupiter hold more water, as well as organic compounds that would allow for the maintenance of the water. If only the alien would have been more honest, then maybe everyone would have come up with better solutions that would benefit EVERYONE.

Example: Humanity gives the alien scientist interns in exchange for information for his technology.

Was that alien a lying retard or a woman? :^3
>>
>>14700413
Who's this spunk monk?
>>
>>14702546
the newtype of a scifi I'm working on :^3
>>
>tfw too smart for mecha anime
>>
>>14702577
nvm, I found it it's some semen demon from Fate/Stay Night.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-03-10h25m58.jpg (49KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-03-10h25m58.jpg
49KB, 960x540px
>>14702529
>a single, stateless non-human humanoid lands in the US of A with loads and loads of valuable technology in his pack
>as his first action, he clearly communicates this fact to the locals

They tested it. The test subject ended up drawn, quartered and gutted in a ditch within a couple of days. The police didn't give a damn.
>>
What material would a /m/echa be made of?

They never explained how to make Gundamiun in real life, even though metallurgy in micro gravity is real... couldn't the creators of Gundam have made a bit more research?
>>
File: SNTP_Engine.png (120KB, 521x516px) Image search: [Google]
SNTP_Engine.png
120KB, 521x516px
when has been the last time a /m/echa show had at least the same amount of information on a given topic as the wikipedia page?
>>
File: WufeiEW3b.jpg (60KB, 560x434px) Image search: [Google]
WufeiEW3b.jpg
60KB, 560x434px
>>14702529
>a lying retard or a woman?
Is there a difference?
>>
>>14703072
I read it in his voice. Truly the role model for today's youth
>>
How do you make a newtype ladyboy?
>>
>>14702529
>you do know some moons of Jupiter hold more water
What part of ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE is unclear to you
>>
>>14702772

screaming and MUH WILLPOWER makes things invincible
>>
>>14706347
Zeta was going great and then they had to go full ~~retard~~ newtype by showing the spirits of his "friends" powering up the Zeta
>>
File: 1280.jpg (181KB, 1280x999px) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
181KB, 1280x999px
anime ja nai :^)
>>
>>14706309
1. That's only for Europa. All the other ones are expressly offered to humanity.
2. It's supposed to be Saturn anyway. They went with Jupiter for the movie because they didn't think they could get the rings to look right.
>>
>>14700484
Who is this semen demon?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.