[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When piloting a giant robot, is mobility or defense more important?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1219853936270.jpg (210KB, 625x750px) Image search: [Google]
1219853936270.jpg
210KB, 625x750px
When piloting a giant robot, is mobility or defense more important? If you were a pilot, which would you prefer?
>>
In most mechanical settings there is shit like beams, bendy lasers, Macross missiles that from Frontier onwards are also anti-dimensional... You can't defend against all that bullshit except by not being hit.
>>
>>14700123
It seems so much easier to just be invincible. With speed you've got to pay attention to what's going on and dodge shit. No matter how good the robot is, you can still get killed if he fucks up.

With invincible armor, all you've got to do is aim at the other guy. It's so much easier being Heero than Amuro.
>>
the full armor gundam and the psycho zaku have both and they seem to balance them extremely well.
>>
>>14700255
That's true for the Thunderbolt FAG but the Psycho Zaku really doesn't have any more armor than a standard Zaku and relies on dodging for survival.
>>
>>14700276
huh maybe its been a while since ive seen it in its full armor. but i remeber it being beefier next to other zaku. i hope the atlus fucking spanks that thing
>>
>>14700276
>>14700288
your probably thinking of the legs. but it really is just a normal zaku. for some reason i hate it so much. felming deserved to kill it, i hope it doesnt become the big bad mobile suit of thunderbolt. a psycho zeong or sazabi would be cool
>>
>>14700123

Mobility is defense
>>
>>14700123
>When piloting a giant robot, is mobility or defense more important? If you were a pilot, which would you prefer?
Aesthetics. If I'm doing bad or good, at least I'll look fabulous doing so.
>>
>>14700123

it depends what you're piloting, dip shit
>>
>>14700348
Well said. AWAKEN MY MASTERS

On a more relevant note, more speed > more armor because speed also helps you attack more effectively while offense > defense in general.
>>
depends on the technology

mobility is more important in UC but defense is more important in other shows
>>
Mobility makes for better battle choreography opportunities.
>>
I would go mobility personally, to be able to quickly take out enemy units and dodge fire means far less repairs as long as you handle well and far less likely to take damage to you the pilot if you avoid impacts
>>
File: Gundam_00_GN_Flag_Top_View.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_00_GN_Flag_Top_View.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
I desire the highest speed and the strongest sword.
It doesn't matter how powerful your weapon is if it can't hit me.
>>
>>14700123
>Do you want to get pummeled and survive a few seconds more or not get hit and potentially even use it to win over the enemy?

Defense is nice and all but it simply delays the inevitable as far as good machines are concerned.
>>
>>14700123
this is a moot point in that most armored gundams can just strip its armor, and heavy zeon mobile suits can still find a way to gove them trouble. it comes down to control, thats why thinderbolt zeon wae able to strap a rocket to a zaku and have it destroy a fleet.
>>
>>14700332
>felming deserved to kill it
No he didn't.
>>
>>14700123
Mobility, otherwise the kit form would be a brick.
>>
>>14701739
implying the mg sazabi isnt great
>>
>>14700123
Speed, defense can only help you with defense, speed can cover for both defense and offense it you know what your doing.
The best example of this is Armored Core
>>
>>14701986
You say that, but tank legs exist and have occupied top spot in the meta before.
>>
>>14700469
>depends on technology

Well said anon, but it also depends on environment and opponent. If it's relatively low-tech, then you would want speed for open combat to dodge and such, or to maneuver around asteroids/ships/debris. However, one could argue for armor if the enemy could hit you in the open regardless, or use shielding when fighting around asteroids/ships/debris to handle collisions and melee.

If tech is advanced, both. I know logh had gravity/inertia manipulation, so a 20,000-strong fleet could coordinate 180's on a fucking dime
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.