[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He did a few things wrong. Like placing faith in Cima and trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 21124546336.jpg (100KB, 384x750px) Image search: [Google]
21124546336.jpg
100KB, 384x750px
He did a few things wrong. Like placing faith in Cima and trying to give her a chance to overcome the dark burden placed unwillingly upon her shoulders.

Or trusting that Gato would not be a retard.
>>
Irrelevant, but is he anime Ben Kingsley?
>>
>>14703579
No, Yul Brinner.
>>
I don't like the 0083 retcon. There were a million different ways that they could have made a Zeta prequel.

Why do the Solomon and colony drop if it never gets mentioned in the series its meant to tie into? Just have the Titans form at the end of the OYW to prevent another OYW from happening.

It bugs me that the only Zeta characters to appear are Bask, Haman, and Jamitov. Would have been way better to see what other characters are up to before 0087. Even if they were just cameos.
>>
>>14703709
>Why does this event that takes place in an anime made in the 90s not get mentioned in an anime made in the 80s?

That's like asking why F91 and Victory don't bring up the events of Unicorn
>>
>>14703733
This is the problem with making sequels and prequels whenever the fuck you want.

At least with shit like Star Wars they did the later part of the history first.
>>
>>14700102
>Like placing faith in Cima and trying to give her a chance to overcome the dark burden placed unwillingly upon her shoulders.
I am so tired of people gushing about how perfect and tragic their bitch waifu is over some backstory that wasn't even in the fucking OVA.
>>
>>14703901
Having known absolutely nothing about 0083 before watching it, my opinion on Cima soured when she got Burning killed, and when she betrayed Delaz to the Feds I just assumed it was typical Zeon behaviour; backstabbing each other in a ploy for power. Learning her backstory afterwards lightened my opinion a little, but not much.
>>
>>14703901
They only like her because she stabs Zeon in the back. If she stayed loyal to the cause, they'd shit on her like Nina.
>>
>>14704276
I'm not one for waifus, but I liked Cima because she was some sort of 80's guerrilla warlord out of south-east Asia repackaged as a space pirate. You can almost hear the hair metal.
>>
>>14703938
She and her crew are rather tragic figures honestly. She and her forces were some of the most nationalistic soldiers Zeon could ask for at the start of the One Year War and even after realizing the horrifying truth of gassing a residential colony with a poison nerve gas, she remained loyal and kept fighting for her nation.

Even after her literal home is turned into a desperation weapon, she and her crew never stopped fighting for Zeon. It was only when her commanding officer used her as a scape goat and had the entire Cima fleet exiled into basically a Federal killing floor that she began to internally rot from within.

Three years of being forced to fend for survival and having to reflect on the thought of killing literally millions of people, it turned her into the cold and sadistic creation we saw of her in 0083. She might have turned out totally different had she been authorized to go the Axis with the other sections of the fleet making the exodus.
>>
>>14704877
That's all well and tragic, but I didn't know any of that from just watching the OVA. And reading about it afterwards didn't help much, since she had already made her first impression, which is hard to shake off.
>>
CHICKENSHIT
>>
>>14704949
Agreed, the OVA does not really give you all that much to go off of to judge her character outside of her actions in the OVA. Even Mayfly of Space just cracks the surface of what was going down with her.
>>
Honestly Cima's mistake was not being a better Federation spy. She made way too enemies.

Not to mention she should secretly told the protagonists in advance she was actually a Federation spy.
>>
>>14705994
>Not to mention she should secretly told the protagonists in advance she was actually a Federation spy.
They did. The Albion was informed by that general via real time video transmission that the Cima Fleet was on their side, and was ordered to cooperate with them. Captain Synapse told him to fuck off and they continued killing every zeek they saw. That's why Synapse is thought to have been executed after the events of operation stardust whereas Kou was sent to military prison for a couple of months and the rest of the crew got inducted into the Titans, as we didn't see Synapse anywhere during the trial or with the rest of the crew.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.