[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when the Armored Core boardgame raised $100k on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Where were you when the Armored Core boardgame raised $100k on Kickstarter before revealing that it actually wasn't an Armored Core game at all?
>>
>>14700075
oh wow, it's literally the same game but changed the name...

what does it matter if it's the exact same item you paid money for, if it's literally a fucking name change?
>>
>>14700089
so its okay to promote a game using an existing franchise to milk money from their community. Then after you raise a stupid amount of cash you turn around and say oh sorry we didn't have permission to use that brand, here's something else.

Seriously that kickstarter was shady from the get go and I can't believe the amount of dumbasses that didn't use fuckin common sense to see it was a scam.
>>
>>14700140
yes it's fine. I have no sympathy for someone who bought a random product if the only reason they bought it was a name, and not related to some amount of research into if they'd like the content.
>>
>>14700167
its literally false advertising and copyright infringement
>>
>>14700173
keep your outrage to yourself. if you bought an item solely for a name, and not for the content, youre a retard.

go take it up with the courts, instead of arguing with a stranger online, or trying to circle jerk about your anger on 4chan(which is really unhealthy by the way)
>>
Apparently there was licensing confusion between them and FROM.

It does come off as scummy to switch to a different name though.

Sometimes I wonder wtf is with Japanese copyright that it causes so much nonsense when it hits the west.
>>
>>14700182
He's not wrong, though?
>>
>>14700182
no fuck you, this is like buying a chevy only for the car dealership to switch it to a ford.
>>
>>14700190
yeah that's okay i guess. we all have different opinions
>>
>>14700192
sounds fine to me, as long as everything about the car is the same, i dont care if the name is changed.

rather sounds like a non issue, or manufactured outrage. there's better things to focus your energy and anger onto than some board game.
>>
>>14700201
I don't know why you can't grasp how a company lying about its product to consumers is something worth getting upset about.
You're not employed by these faggots are you?
>>
>>14700173
Its fine to not have sympathy for morons. But the creators are still assholes. I'd say getting knocked down from 250k to around 100k is funny enough for something like this.

I've literally been laughing at the AC community for being a bunch of retards since 4th gen but this takes the cake.
>>
>>14700075
>>muh nippon stereotype red and white robot, verry important to tell people it raik muh japanese robotto geeemu
>>that FZD AAA concept art style
>>all that fucking clutter on the cover

Holy shit.
>>
every image and a few models in that game were stolen. lol
>>
>We will be providing refunds for any reason, anytime, even after you receive your rewards.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/223137030/armored-coretm-rts-a-real-time-strategy-board-game/posts/1644162
>>
>>14700245
>>>that FZD AAA concept art style
>>>all that fucking clutter on the cover
These might be the truest and most meaningful words spoken in this thread.
>>
Real Time Strategy... board game? How's that supposed to work?
>>
>>14701356
they posted a gameplay video and it actually made me MORE confused about how its supposed to work.
>>
>>14701380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kvz5vKJ29s

forgot link
>>
It was obviously planned from the start because the mechs are not from AC. It made no sense calling it AC when the mechs were just deviantart OCs inspired by AC mechs.
They knew even after offering generous refunds people wouldn't take them.
Also FROM allowed them the use the name for the KS but it turns out they just had a deal with FROM and not a proper license. FROM must have know from the start what they were doing.
>>
>>14700075
>Trustworthy
>Kickstarter

Pick one
>>
AC fags deserve it for being so willing to bend over and defend all of From's shit like ACV.

Also >kickstarter
>>
>>14701388

FROM can make more money selling the license to the Dark Souls boardgame guys once their game becomes successful.
>>
>>14701317
Don't forget giant katanah forged in nippon, held upside down for double badass, because we need to show it nipponese inspired robutt.
>>
File: the wha.jpg (51KB, 392x545px) Image search: [Google]
the wha.jpg
51KB, 392x545px
>>14701382

>mfw this
>>
>>14700224
Nope, just brutally apathetic.
>>
>if it's not japanese it's bad
>muh japan even if they can't do a board game since the 80's
So /m/ is officially weeaboo now?
>>
File: bulletball.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bulletball.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>14701382
>>
>>14701382
Wait, I think I get it - you have a limited amount of time to make your moves, and for every action you take you spend counters. You get X counters every time the time runs out. There are different counters for different things. So in reality, it's not RTS, it's like a regular board game, but everyone takes their turn at the same time, and there's a time limit too for god knows what reason.
>>
At least the mecha designs actually look decent, unlike that other one.
>>
>>14702714
I don't get why /m/ is so determined to hate Giga-Robo. The designs are all pretty generic 70's off-brands, but that's exactly what the theme of the game is so I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
>>14702784

You can do 70s-style super robot homages without looking like you hired the artist of one of those "How to Draw Manga" books to do your mecha design.
>>
>>14700201
Your opinion doesn't mean shit though.

Samsung vs. Apple

I do agree with you that people who backed a KS deserve no sympathy.
>>
>>14701382
spending actual money on this in 2016.
>>
>>14701763
Ah yes, I remember all my time playing armored core and running around with a fuckhuge katana larger than a building because such things as laser and beam swords weren't a thing. Oh wait, no I don't. Which makes me think they knew they weren't making an armored core game at the time they did the art.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.