[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mazinger is bad because it's sexist and promotes patriarchy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (22KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 259x194px
Mazinger is bad because it's sexist and promotes patriarchy.

What are some of the ridiculous shit about mecha you hear from people outside of /m/?
>>
File: Bennett.jpg (16KB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
Bennett.jpg
16KB, 300x233px
>>14693749
Ghost in the Shell is about feminism and the objectification of women.
>>
File: 1463679579301.gif (981KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1463679579301.gif
981KB, 500x375px
>>14693762
He said that? Well I'm not surprised, he is an internet critic after all, but I like him more than any other NC style critic. His humor isn't hindered by crap like skits, and his opinions are unique for an anime reviewer.
Gundam month WHEN.
>>
>>14693785
>His humor isn't hindered by crap like skits
http://benthesage.com/anime-abandon-violence-jack/
>>
File: 1463226650104.png (50KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463226650104.png
50KB, 216x200px
>>14693794
Okay I take that back.
>>
>>14693785
He mostly comes off as obnoxious know-it-all while all the information he relies on is text blurb behind the VHS tape's cover. Consequently this leads to really lame jokes stemming out of ignorance, which makes the whole joke fell on it's face, IMO.
>>
>>14693785
>>14693850
Fucking lol the only internet animation critic worse than Bennett is MysteriousMrEnter and that guy at least has the excuse of being literally retarded. Bennett is just a smug, willfully ignorant shit.

>announces he'll call Obari the "Rob Liefeld of Japan" in his next video
>me and another guy who likes Obari try to inform him about Obari's technical skill and how his bizarre way of drawing humans IS in fact "just his style"
>he ignores us, proceeds to make the statement

No one should take him seriously after his Devilman video's introduction. He tried so hard to look like an "otaku scholar" while spouting complete nonsense and not having the slightest idea that Devilman is from the 70s and is based on a manga.

There's a lot of smaller shit that's complete cancerous nonsense about his videos like shitting on an anime for not explaining Japanese cultural things to Americans or his rant about how Golgo 13 is ~problematic toxic masculinity~ but if I were to list every dumb thing he's said it would take me all day.

To be 100% fair I liked his Mezzo Forte video and I think that OVA doesn't get enough credit but that doesn't come even close to making up for all the bullshit.
>>
File: Devilman_manga_cover.jpg (105KB, 218x307px) Image search: [Google]
Devilman_manga_cover.jpg
105KB, 218x307px
>>14693897
Oh for the record what he said about Devilman was a long rant about the "cultural context that gave birth to such 80s trash" which amounted to trying to say "otaku are crazy and sick and get off on the idea of murdering people" while sounding "intellectual and impartial".

Fuck the fact that the Devilman manga was a shonen manga made for older teens in the 70s and not otaku - he didn't even know there was a manga. He's so convinced that he knows everything he didn't even bother doing a Wiki search to fact-check his "informative" rant.
>>14693785
>and his opinions are unique for an anime reviewer.
Holy fuck you know nothing about anime journos if you think this. The western anime writer clique on Twitter hates him because he "stole" his commentary from them and sadly they're mostly right (it's just that their commentary is shit). But sometimes he doesn't get the memo and shits on something he's not allowed to by that group's standards so they shit on him for it (the Galaxy Express 999 movie for example is the one Rintaro work that seems 'sacred')
>>
File: Devilman_v01c04_p176_177.jpg (289KB, 1456x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Devilman_v01c04_p176_177.jpg
289KB, 1456x1139px
>>14693912
PS. yes asshurt anon I know you can recognize my writing style
>>
>>14693794
Violence Jack is pretty easy to make jokes of, just have Mexican music in the background and pretend the guy that gets chainsawed is a pinata.
>>
>>14693929
>LOOK! HIPPIES!
>>
/m/ needs its own reviewer, any suggestions?
>>
>>14694073
I heard John Thinkforyourdamnselves has some good ideas
>>
File: dirty-pair-OVA-screenshot03.jpg (65KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
dirty-pair-OVA-screenshot03.jpg
65KB, 600x442px
>>14693897
And the worst part is that he claims to love old anime but spends his time shitting all over it, with a few rare exceptions that escape his bullshit criticisms for no discernible reason.

I mean how the fuck can you like 80s/90s anime but not appreciate tits and ultraviolence? I guess he could appreciate the graphic style but he never dwells on it in a positive way.

And of course the worst part is that he tries to excuse his own bullshit by saying that it'd be less funny if he didn't nitpick anime to hell and back.
And yet he has no qualms about praising the films he likes in the most boring way possible.
>>
>>14694087
The people at ANN that call Lauren out on her subpar Gundam reviews might be good at it
>>
>>14693762
Man, I know everyone else hear has said this, but fuck this guy. I heard he was bad, so I watched a little bit of his Genocyber video (after finishing Genocyber). He spends most of it insulting the director and saying that he's actually some sick man that enjoys seeing kids being killed. What kind of bullshit is that? Does that mean that someone who makes a holocaust documentary is a Nazi?

Not to mention how generally obnoxious he is. He's always pulling these stupid fucking faces, and he's full of that disgusting "snarky" attitude that permeates so much of "nerd culture". Fuck, forgive the blogpost.
>>
>>14694088
That type of person tries to distance themselves from "problematic content" because they are an insecure weirdo who needs to defend "muh artform". Same with video game is art people.

People who actually watch things that aren't anime wouldn't even think twice because there's less tits and gore in your average schlock anime than in your average Western b-movie.

But no one's 100% bad. At least he likes MD Geist.
>>
>>14694073
I suggest my cavernous asshole
>>
>>14694073
DuelGundam2099At least he's honest
>>
>>14694088
>>14694115
>because they are an insecure weirdo who needs to defend "muh artform"
He quite literally admitted this in one of his videos, forgot which; basically saying that "at one point US FANS stopped embracing pointlessly violent trash and wanted anime to be an art-form". I think he did this while (IIRC) showing footage of the first Golgo 13 movie and talking about companies licensing "tasteless bottom of the barrel trash" (because a beloved frachise getting a movie with great production values by a hugely celebrated director is bottom of the barrel trash lol)

Ironically he's the one who's ignoring that action-oriented works that are made purely to be fun can still be artfully made films. Film critics don't shit on Jackie Chan films for being about fun violence because they're well made films and do a good job at what they set out to do.
>>
>>14694147
I'd actually be interested in knowing what he thinks is "good", except I'm not going to watch any more of his videos to find out.
>>
>>14694113
I normally wouldn't give any attention to the guy but the problem is that often his video is the first thing that pops up if you Youtube-search an old anime he's done and almost always if you search for the word "review" too. Since most people suck at making up their own minds he pretty much monopolizes the general opinion on a lot of what he reviews.
>>
>>14694153
You know the "/v/ cancer" boogeyman that /a/ keeps accusing everyone of being? People who see Toonami anime as the cream of the crop and dismiss most of everything else? He's pretty much that guy given flesh if you look at his "top favorite anime" videos.
>>
>>14694128
>DuelGundam2099
Literally got banned from every website for having autism. I argued with him a lot on Mechatalk during Age's run.
>>
>>14694194
>every website
>for having autism
Sure he did, Ryujin, sure he did.
>>
>>14694194
>going to Mecha Talk
>>
>>14694194
>every website
except ANN, Anime Suki, AVPGalaxy, Henshin Justice, Wikipedia, Channel Awesome, it is almost as if you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>14694221
>Ryujin
On second thought he's probably Strike Zero.
>>
>>14694153
Toonami stuff. Cowby Bebop, Trigun, Black Lagoon, Outlaw Star.
Stuff that's mostly good, but not better than 90% of what he hates.

But then again he has massive double-standards: he loves GitS for being DEEP but when Evangelion and the second half of Dominion Tank Police do it, suddenly he finds it pretentious and boring.
>>
>>14694194
>on Mechatalk
Oh yeah, I'll totally take the word of someone that likely masturbates to IBO
>>
>>14694194
>for having autism
/m/ confirmed for not knowing what autism is. Either that or literally any form of annoyance is called autism.
>>
>>14694194
I've met the guy, he has very little in common with autists; that said he did display similarities to someone with bi-polar disorder.
>>
>>14694228
>forgetting Sci-Fi Japan, Sunstone, Twitch, Livestream, and Kaiju Phile
>>
>>14694194
I've met him in real life at a con if anyone wants to hear the details
>>
>>14694088
>he claims to love old anime
the motherfucker only does dubs
and then judges shows for the shitty horrible dubs they have, too
He doesn't love old anime. He loves the early 90s american sliver of it. Japanimation, as it used to be called.

I mean, you really can't expect much of ~internet critics~. But when you're conciously viewing the shows from your own little porthole window of personal experiences, you're not doing a good job.
You can tell (and he'll outright say it) that he's just in love with those shows he watched while young... BECAUSE he watched them while he was young. And now they're "problematic".
But that aside he keeps praising the most mediocre shit while attacking the same kind of mediocre shit. The criteria seems to be "is this offensive to someone with modern sensibilities?". Which is the stupidest reasoning for a review.
He's the kind of person who will complain about the serious implications of a JOKE.
Been a long time since I watched his material, but I doubt he got any better.
>>
>>14694277
Yeah I haven't watched his reviews in a while. I binged on them when I first discovered his website because I had literally nothing better to do but now I only watch him when he reviews something I don't like because regardless of his opinion, his reviews of stuff I like are consistently infuriating. I haven't watched his Robot Carnival review because I know that if he likes it, it'll be for the most pretentious and asspulled reasons imaginable (like I dunno, maybe he'd think Starlight Angel is "female empowerment" or that Cloud is "boundary-pushing abstract animation"") and if he hates it, it'll be for equally bullshit reasons (like A tale of Two Robots being "racist and offensive", or Presence being "misogynistic wish-fulfillment").

By the way if anyone's watched his review, could you tell me how off the mark I am?
>>
>>14694354
IIRC he pretty much just acts like he doesn't get the very idea of shorts. He dismissed Franken's Gears going "HEH. THRILLING :rolleyes:" because it wasn't about "muh plot"
>>
File: vlcsnap-00043.jpg (44KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00043.jpg
44KB, 600x338px
>>14694373
wew lad
>>
>>14694194
>Literally got banned from every website for having autism
You are thinking of busterbeam
>>
>>14693897
You're doing a disservice to Liefeld, here. That is ALSO just his style. He's not gifted when it comes to drawing human anatomy, there are plenty of artists who can draw perfectly realistic human beings who could never pull off the exaggerated hyper-90's that Liefeld does. Don't forget that one of the reasons he gets shit on so much is because he was so huge.

As much as his art is bad in technical and anatomical terms, he isn't trying to be good at those things. He's trying to be dynamic and eye-catching, and he's much better at that than people give him credit for. There are a lot of people who are worse than him in technical skill while also failing to make an impression the way that his art does.

All of that said, Liefeld is a noted jackass and pretty much everyone, both in the industry and in the general public, hates him. He's a bad man and you should say bad things about him, but he is good at his job. Drawing feet just isn't his job.
>>
>>14694412
To be a bit more specific, Liefeld specifically draws the anatomy of action figures and marketing/toy sales has shown to be a big driving force in his career.
>>
>>14694412
Liefeld used to be competent in the 80s, he drew like any other decent artist in the industry.
It's when he started trying to imitate the brits from 2000AD that he went to shit.
>>
>>14694412
Compare Rob Liefeld to Simon Bisley and you'll understand why even as far as "eye-catching testosterone-filled expressionistic maximalist" art goes, Liefeld sucks.
>>
I'm pretty sure the only time I've ever seen him say something was good that wasn't ultra-hipster crap no one has ever watched was Fist of the North Star, and that's probably because if he DIDN'T he'd get anally devastated by everyone ever.
>>
>>14693929
It's not your "writing style". It is your autistic fits and delusion.
>>
>>14694447
Actually he has pretty entry-level tastes. He likes Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, GitS, Trigun, all that stuff.

In fact he regularly shits on somewhat obscure artsy-goth or horror-noir anime that are extremely similar to GitS (or rather, the other way around) but aren't as famous.
For example, Darkside Blues, Wicked City, Tokyo Babylon and A Wind Named Amnesia.
>>
>>14694412
He's not bad at everything, I've seen some really good paneling from him. But he really doesn't understand anatomy very well; meanwhile someone like Obari HAS to understand it given his animator job; you gotta know how to draw humans even outside of your style and he does, and has.
>>
>>14694100
The only reviewer in ANN I actually respect is Mike Toole. He really knows what he's talking about, he knows how to judge the works in the context they were created, he's a guy who, at the end, loves anime more than he loves hearing himself talking, and that's something that rarely happens with critics.
>>
>>14694483
As I said, Liefeld used to be a competent artist who knew anatomy; he just threw that shit out the window in the 90s.
>>
>>14694483
He doesn't really understand motion or orientable surfaces, either.
>>
>>14694488
Yeah I was gonna mention that, the way he does motion is really bad. People also compare the Baki guy to him but Baki has fantastic motion (at least later on)
>>
>>14694487
Any examples?
>>
>>14694165
Try removing your cookies, or, if you're logged with a username, remove your history. Maybe he appears first because it's what you usually looked for.
>>
>>14694499
none in partiular, I just saw a thread on /co/ a few years ago (before the MLP debacle) that showed a bunch of his mid-80s art and while pretty boring it didn't suck.
>>
>>14694487
>he just threw that shit out the window in the 90s.
>Only did comics for a year or 2 before 1990.
So basically for his entire career he has been a shitty artist.
What's the point of saying an artist understands anatomy, when they have never proven as such?
Are you saying Liefeld knew how to draw back in college? Before he even started doing so professionally?
Are you related to him? Why go to such lengths to defend his credibility, when he has *literally* none?
>>
>>14694512
>to such lengths
I only made like two posts dude chill out.
Why are you so fucking mad at him all of a sudden?
>>
>>14694147
>implying it was the fans

Sage, never giving credit where credit is due since...forever, probably.
>>
>>14694147
>Ironically he's the one who's ignoring that action-oriented works that are made purely to be fun can still be artfully made films

You know, i can make the same argument towards moe shows that is good at what they are meant to accomplish instead of just junk guff, but /m/ seems to have an allergy to it.
>>
File: JewWario.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
JewWario.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>14694073
>>
>>14694113
Those reviews are so infuriating, he sits there and justs goes all "wah child molesting is emotional pandering" and "all these characters are cut outs with no depth" and "this dialogue that I'm watching in a different language is terrible". He's such a fucking pussy
>>
>>14694515
>Why are you so fucking mad at him all of a sudden?

HE KILLED MY PUPPY WITH HIS CAR. HE RAN IT OVER AND LAUGHED WHEN HE SAW MY HORRIFIED EXPRESSION. THEN HE WHIPPED OUT A SKETCHBOOK AND DREW MY DEAD PUPPY, BUT WITH GIANT KNEES AND TINY FEET!!!
HE LIEFELDED MY DEAD PUPPY, AND THEN DROVE AWAY!
>>
>>14694647
But he ded nigga
>>
>>14694670
This honestly sounds like something he would do.
>>
JewWario was cool. Sad he's gone. He made how to play guides for famicom games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgPqWz1-e98
>>
Reminder that advertising is still against the rules.

busterbeam created this thread to ramble about the dozens of literal who e-celebs he has incessantly been following for years.

busterbeam has read more articles and seen more reviews from e-celebs than the average fan of these people. He is obsessed.

busterbeam posts on this board about anime reviewers more than he does about actual /m/ media, which is never.

busterbeam unironically posts on /a/, uses MAL for any purpose other than listing, and has over 26k posts on Twitter.

This type of offtopic cancer is unwanted on this board.
>>
>>14694700
Yet /krg/ still stands...
>>
>>14694447
>I'm pretty sure the only time I've ever seen him say something was good that wasn't ultra-hipster crap no one has ever watched was Fist of the North Star,
I doubt he's watched the full series, nor does he actually appreciate how well written it is. At most he's probably seen maybe one of the movies, and not one of the older alright ones.
>>
>>14694425
Liefeld's 80s works were heavily redrawn by his inkers. That's why it was actually competent.
>>
>>14693749
qwer
>>
>>14695011
It actually was the old 80's movie he did.
>>
File: 1468449689392.jpg (32KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468449689392.jpg
32KB, 638x480px
>>14693749
The ANN review of Mazinger has an entire paragraph ranting about how Mazinger doesn't have windshield wipers.
>>
>>14693749
Eva is the first mecha.
Code geass, FMP, and Eva aren't real mecha because they focus on characters.
Eva deconstructed gundam.
>>
>>14694113
Blog forgiven. I agree completely

Fuck Benis "I still live with my mom at this age" the Sage.
>>
>>14695408
I'm pretty sure he lives alone, judging on how much he relies on his manservant Gabe and his massa Whatshisface the semi-famous black cybergoth voice actor.
>>
File: movie reviewing catagories.png (6KB, 402x276px) Image search: [Google]
movie reviewing catagories.png
6KB, 402x276px
I was thinking of doing video reviews.

No face, all you'd hear is my voice(shitty that it is), with the subject on screen.

I'd lay it down in a sort of essay fashion:

Introduction to topic, personal opinion, review of the technical bits(see pic related), then a wrap-up summarizing the video. It would be very dry and cut, no bullshit, jokes would be verbal with some visual stuff and edit jokes(god I love a perfectly edited visual joke.)

Like the Plinkett Reviews I suppose, just without the "psychopathic fat-ass" intermissions.

It sounds boring and autistic, but I just want to get my opinions out there.

I'd mainly be reviewing old anime and old movies. Or whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>14694412
People love Liefeld as a person, he continues to get work in the comics industry to this due solely because people like him. It certainly isn't due to his skills as a writer or artist. I've heard nothing but glowing things about him from people who've met him.
>>
>>14694700
Why are you so obsessed with the guy?
>>
>>14694700
can you use your autism and search for the people who shitpost with "spic this" and "spic that" too?
>>
>>14696743
hi pablo
>>
>>14694700
>busterbeam posts on this board about anime reviewers more than he does about actual /m/ media, which is never.
I actually talk about /m/ related media far more but you're an asshurt cumgoblin and think my opinions on it are "objectively wrong" so you pretend those posts don't exist so you can shitpost or use THOSE as an excuse to shitpost.

I'm posting about those people ITT because this thread is about people like reviewers saying stupid things you brokebrained moron. I'd understand being upset with me if I were some kind of massive e-celeb but I'm a fucking noobdy who hasn't even reached 500 Twitter subscribers. You're the one doing useless off topic shitposting here when the very purpose of the thread is to talk about dumb shit people say.
>>14696442
Because he strawmans my posts as "cancerous and awful and ruining /m/!!!!!" when most of them are just normal discussion of anime, manga & toku because there's a small percentage of opinions I have that really, really annoy him.

He'll say "no, I'm not that guy, EVERYONE hates you >;'O" and sure a lot of people dislike my tendencies & opinions on and off of 4chan but there's a difference between disliking an anon and calling them out every time they post and obsessively fucking stalking their social media accounts. It's this fucking guy who's still mad that I called him out on his retarded fucking crusade to prove Leiji Matsumoto is a horrible author: http://desuarchive.org/m/thread/14638020/

Later he tried to say Gosaku Ota draws better than Leiji which I guess was either his attempt to pretend he was trolling all along and save face (or maybe he really is that insane)

tl;dr: I fucking hate even having to address this but THIS GUY IS OUT OF HIS MIND. Don't question him, report and move on.
>>
>>14693749
How the fuck did a femininazi even learn what Mazinger is??
>>
Are there any nice manga reviewers at all?
I don't mind if it's written or if it's Youtube videos, but all I could find were either a) people that only care about modern titles and never give anything older a chance or b) braindead morons.
>>
>>14693762
This dude literally slips up sometimes and reveals (to people that have seen it already) that he actually hasnt read/watched what hes talking about lmfao
How the fuck is he even relevant to anyone? Grumpy Jisan, or even fags like Bobsamurai or digibro - just shit all over him
>>
>>14697503
Manga reviews are particularly bad on Youtube because the idiots just camwhore throughout the entire video and almost never show you what they're talking about. I remember some guy wanting to show off some page in Cyborg 009 so he whipped out his volume and stuck it into his cheap shitty camera going "OMG LOOK THIS THE ART HERE IS SO COOL" even though you COULDN'T SEE SHIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOeagOMfLM This video is really good and is what made me want to do reviews in the same format; he has great taste and is actually able to talk about stuff like a human being as opposed to a journo automatron. But he barely ever updates and I've never seen any other channel using this format (except mine but I ain't plugging that here)
>>
>>14694073
>>>/v/
>>
>>14697507
Digibro can be a huge faggot and if, say, a video game analyst had made those kinds of slip-ups I'd take far, far more issue (his insecurity over liking Tomino anime and pandering to the "LOLTomino xD" meme is cringey). But for all his flaws and for how easy he is to make fun of, he's done far more good reviews & analysis than almost any other e-famous anglosphere anime guy.

He's also not knowledgeable about the great majority of old anime however. I tried to bother him about watching Ashita no Joe but he's yet to do so and he also does dumb shit like a MASSIVE series dissecting some crappy harem show no one gives a damn about.

I think his head is in the right place (especially since he dropped the pony bullshit) but he's got a lot of important iconic stuff to go through.
>>
>>14697509
Thank you. What about written reviews?
I assume they don't have the same problems you mentioned, since it's a different medium and whatnot.
Or if you're mostly interested in YT videos, that's fine anyway, thank you for the help either way.
>>
>>14697546
I can't think of any manga-centric writers that are good, just "muh agenda" types like Deb Aoki who spout nonsense such as "male otaku anime keeps anime from little girls from being made, anime is doomed by the patriarchy" while bajillons of shoujos and fujoshi anime are airing at the same time.

I have a friend who's a /m/fag and makes really good observations and is probably the smartest person I know about comics but he sadly doesn't do reviews, just one-off Tumblr posts like this

http://bisondollars.tumblr.com/post/63510234369/demon-lord-dantema%C5%8D-dante-%E9%AD%94%E7%8E%8B%E3%83%80%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86-1971-artist-go
http://bisondollars.tumblr.com/post/115104332331/the-tokyo-destruction-chapter-of-violence-jack-has
http://bisondollars.tumblr.com/post/114836388286/gutsyfrog-go-nagai-during-an-interview-with

Anime-wise there's Ben Ettinger who is not flawless but pretty good; I can't think of any manga equivalents of him.
>>
>>14697561
Thanks again.
>>
>>14697562
Comics are really not a very well-understood medium let alone manga; that friend had a conversation with (I think) Frank Quitely about Understanding Comics and both agreed it's only canonized as the ultimate guide because it's the only book on the subject that's any good and that there could be much, much better ones if someone tried. It's just that no one has.
>>
>>14694647
KOOL INTERNET DUDES made fun of his death but this guy was actually pretty great because even if his delivery was nothing special he actually covered interesting things that deserve more credit instead of just picking popular clickbait subjects to praise or hate on. He was like a less annoying Happy Video Game Nerd/Stop Skeletons From Fighting (who is okay but can be, yeah, anoying).
>>
>>14696402
Ain't nothing wrong with that, just don't fret over subs and you are golden
>>
>>14697585
I still wonder what he would've thought of Ex-Aid. The guy attempted his own video game-themed Rider, so that was oddly prescient.
>>
>>14694645
I don't think we hate moe do we? We just never talk about it because there's no robots.

Fuck eceleb shit, that's gay. Let's talk about how you'd make a mecha SoL moe show work

>cute girls building gundams
>a normalfag girl is forced to join the plamo club at school and win the inter-high modelkit competition in order to make up extra credits
>at first she despises the nerdy plamo loving girls, but slowly she begins to understand their passion for building and learns how to enjoy it
>Character conflict between the reserved serious master builder girl and the more laidback snapfit girl
>Occasionally the senshado club bullies them by leaving post it notes arguing why tanks > mecha
>the club supervisor is an old WW2 vet who likes to paint models of tanks he fought in
>sometimes the girls have daydreams about piloting the mecha models they build

Someone get Kyoani on the phone.
>>
>>14697614
I would expect some obligatory jokes about how it was his idea and Toei copied from him but otherwise probably just excited for it.
>>
>>14694645
I'm the guy who posted that and you can be sure I give credit where it's due to a moe slice of life show... but you're right that I was hypocritical about it in the past. I've always admitted the artistic merits of cute girl SoL stuff and the art in something like Yokohama Kaikdashi Kikou amazed me but I used to think they were "wasted" when I was an underageb& teenage troll so I would shit on them a "waste of skill". I've stopped long ago because it was just shitty behavior over a sub-genre that's just not my cup of tea.

In that regard I can kind of understand people who shitpost moe anime because I've been there but I can't really justify it, it was shitty when I did it and it's shitty when people do it now.
>>
>>14697617
>I don't think we hate moe do we? We just never talk about it because there's no robots.
You should have seen the first few Regalia threads.
A lot of posts were people angry because the characters were cute girls and saying anyone who liked the girls was a pedophile (because they were generalizing all the characters as lolis, despite Yui and Ingrid clearly not being lolis)
And just because of the PV and characters, they were shitting on it as otaku pandering trash
>>
>>14693749
>>14693762

I'm gonna need some explanations about what could possibly lead someone to imagine such retarded thoughts.

From my own experience, people cry sexism when they make an assumption about the true meaning of a statement that conforms to their definition of sexism.
>>
>>14694128
He is the best representative of /m/.......
>>
>>14697956
/m/ doesn't need a representative. fuck off
>>
>>14693785
Doug is at least not a goddamned idiot, so there's a point to him, he actually does occasional research.
Bennett continues to become more unlikable the more i think of him.
I can't think of a single Anime that Bennett actually enjoys, every video he makes is negative and it could be anything, even something generally perceived as good.

>>14693897
Pretty sure Enter's got aspergers, but he's definitely not retarded.
To be honest I kinda like his content, although he's definitely prone to taking things WAY too seriously (which is probably the autism).
>>
>>14697585
Heyyyy don't make fun of Derek he's cool.
>>
>>14698529
We mentioned several anime he likes ITT.
His taste isn't 100% shit but even the stuff he likes, he often likes for the wrong reasons.
For example he likes Dominion Tank Police and New Dominion because Leona somehow arouses his femdom fetish (don't ask me why, I have no fucking idea)
>>
>>14698529
He likes Toonamishit /v/ core
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvYxvGb0UjU
>>
>>14698529
I saw some videos that were ok but then grew to hate his channel. His KING OF THE HILL IS FUCKING SHIT attitude is literally the result of autism; the man doesn't understand satire nor complex narrative and themes. In one episode Hank acts like a chauvinistic dick so he's the object of satirical mockery, yet in other episodes he's a decent guy making the right decision or even the sole sane dude among among a bunch of his brainwashed friends.

That's what makes KoTH SUCH A FUCKING FANTASTIC SHOW. And yet, it all goes against his brain. I'm sure he also doesn't get the visual comedy; despite being so stiff and simplistic KoTH can actually use drawings and animation pretty well to add to the comedy of a scene, but it's all subtle and far more realistic than the average cartoon so Enter won't take not of it as a 'funny reaction face'.

It's not just KoTH, he misses the point all the time and takes intentionally bad morals (obviously meant to mock the very idea of having a moral at the end of every episode) as if there was no irony and the creators are evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPlIXCPCuc LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GARBAGE VIDEO

Ren Seeks Help is far from being a masterpiece of Ren & Stimpy, but this was a great fucking joke and the way he failed to understand it should tell you everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxbSpbRTFw#t=14m

The guy's videos will rot your brain dude. I should know, I liked a lot of terrible things in my life - when I was 13-14 I actually enjoyed fucking Ctrl-Alt-Del. Thankfully the CAD hate meme made me realize that it wasn't just badly made, but also bad for your mind.
>>
>>14698911
and yes asshurt anon I KNOW that was offtopic but I had to at least try to warn a /m/ poster that MrEnter is a channel that does nothing but encourage literally autistic, flawed, pretentious critical thinking.
>>
>>14698584
I hate guys like this because Bebop and Chanploo really are good shows but it's guys like this that make people have a "fuck it, this sucks" reaction instead of just going through (and hopefully enjoying) it uninfluenced.

Most of them likely only think it's "the best" for surface-level reasons too.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.