[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I basically doomed to not like all of Gundam if I find myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: zeta_gundam.jpg (180KB, 1000x745px) Image search: [Google]
zeta_gundam.jpg
180KB, 1000x745px
Am I basically doomed to not like all of Gundam if I find myself really not enjoying Zeta? Is it really the best Gundam series?

Also, do ANY of the Gundam series not have pointless skirmishes every single fucking episode? Its just so fucking boring.
>>
>>14693478
>Also, do ANY of the Gundam series not have pointless skirmishes every single fucking episode?
Nope. Welcome to the franchise.
>>
>>14693478
There is a not insignificant part of this baord that absolutely hates Zeta, so, at the very elast there's a chance you might like the rest of the franchise.

You really should have watched 0079 first, though.
>>
G Gundam, Build Fighters, Turn A, and the original and Unicorn and 00 are the only ones I really enjoyed. I just couldn't get into Zeta and ZZ for some reason.
>>
>>14693524
I probably should have clarified that I did watch 0079 before Zeta. I enjoyed it well enough but I enjoyed the movies a lot more simply because they cut all of the fat out.
>>
>>14693532
Go watch the OVAs, they're leaner and better animated.
>>
>>14693478

>Also, do ANY of the Gundam series not have pointless skirmishes every single fucking episode? Its just so fucking boring.

I almost never see this come up as criticism, almost thought that i'm the only one bothered by it. Glad to see i'm not.
>>
>>14693478
No, theyvall have pointless skirmishes. If it makes you feel better the people making the show didn't like it either. Tomino hated it especially. Asian Suit and Tie guys are the dumbest most stubborn motherfuckers on the planet and this is why Japans economy hasnt recovered in 25 years. Making fun of them is like a pasttime for businessment from other countries. Dealing with the Chinese will piss you off but the Japanese are just pitiful
>>
>>14693552
>I almost never see this come up as criticism
New to /m/ then I guess.
>>
>>14693478
>do ANY of the Gundam series not have pointless skirmishes every single fucking episode?
The first episode of Turn A lacks a skirmish, which I loved. The first two episodes of Turn A all by themselves are like this beautiful, sentimental movie, but the rest of the series didn't satisfy the expectations it gave me. And, I think there might've been a skirmish every episode after the first.

Also, IBO doesn't have a skirmish every episode, I think it alternated between skirmish and non-skirmish every episode, at least for a stretch or two. That should have made me love IBO, but thanks to a bunch of other elements, IBO still managed to be in my bottom three Gundam series, along with Wing and SEED.

>>14693552
>>14693621
I also have a big problem with the every-episode-skirmish, and I also have no memory of seeing the subject brought up on /m/. I've been visiting for two or three years, but only intermittently, can't read every thread every day every week.

My first /m/echa series, and my first anime, was Evangelion, so I came into Gundam with an appreciation for Eva's battle pacing, where you'd often alternate between one Angel-battle episode, and one episode with just characters going about their business and lives.
>>
>>14693478
>Is it really the best Gundam series
It's an incredibly IMPORTANT series in Gundam's history, arguably just as much as 0079 in the impact it had on future installments, and a necessity to really appreciate everything that comes after.

Personally I hated it, as much as I respect a lot of what it did. It really all depends on what you're looking for in a show, most Gundam shows have their own spin on the formula in some way or another. There's probably something you'll like more in almost forty years worth of different writers and directors.
>>
>>14693478
>Gundam series not have pointless skirmishes
>complaining about skirmishes in a War theme Gundam show

Let me guess born in 1995?
>>
>>14693478
Victory Gundam is actually better, so I suggest that instead.

But yeah, Zeta is absolute garbage.
>>
>>14693478
>pointless skirmishes

I think you are into the wrong genre.
>>
>>14693478
There's plenty of stuff in the Gundam franchise that doesn't feel like Zeta.

That said, I recently finished rewatching Zeta and while I hated it the first time around, I really enjoyed it the second time around. So even if you don't like it now, you might enjoy it next time.
>>
>>14693478
The skirmishes and battles aren't pointless basically shows you how war can affect people and how it changes them. Zeta gundam is one of the few Gundam shows that actually knows when to place battles with a good narrative none of the battles are pointless, if you think they are then you're not really paying much attention to the story.
>>
>>14693706
>where you'd often alternate between one Angel-battle episode, and one episode with just characters going about their business and lives.

Only shows with no budget have SoL shit in it because they can't afford to animate more battles.
>>
>>14693747
Are you trying to troll me, or do you really think the personal stuff qualifies as slice of life? All that stuff was character development that went hand-in-hand with the Eva piloting.

Or did you mean Spear of Longinus shit?
>>
>>14693621

yes actually, but i still kind of expected to see it come up more often even in discussions outside of /m/.
>>
File: 1qfwZyT.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1qfwZyT.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>Zeta is important!!!!!!!!!

>Kamille doesnt even show up in CCA
>>
>>14694334
CCA is just badly written Amuro and Char wank. Zeta is important to show how Quattro(he's actually a char) tried to stop earthnoids from ruining the Earth more peacefully, but realizes it's no use.

SIEG EARTH FEDERATION
>>
>>14694356

Zeta's only good to show how Char became so jaded.
>>
> do ANY of the Gundam series not have pointless skirmishes every single fucking episode?
Go watch War in the pocket. That OVA has like 3 major skirmishes across it 6(?) or so episodes. Probably one of the best UC series in gundam
>>
File: wallhaven-370170.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-370170.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>14693478
No. Honestly 0079 and Zeta are the worst gundam series. Absolute chores to get through. I recommend watching the summary movies of both as they do a good job of cutting out all the garbage in both series, the 0079 movies are actually really good. Zeta movies are pretty jarring though because they mix old animation ripped from series and new animation form when the movies were made. Still better though. I haven't personally seen every single Gundam series but imo Turn A Gundam is the best series.
>>
>>14693478
>pointless skirmishes every single fucking episode
robot fights in a robot fight cartoon holy shit what a surprise
>>
>>14694334
he even only has like 10 lines in fucking ZZ and he mostly just mumbles and screams while he wanders around in his pajamas like an alzheimer's patient. Probably one of the most unresolved characters in history
>>
>>14693524
Actually it is an insignificant percentage, in a board poll, only 13 percent of us said it was bad.
>>
>>14694407
but thats not an insignificant percentage
>>
>>14693478
Gundam is the best Gundam. Period.
>>
>>14693545
Wrong answer, dickhead.
>>
>>14693478
Zeta is actually the worst. The "Zeta is good" meme has been forced to death by teenagers because
>muh grimdark
0079, ZZ, F91, 0080 are all great.
>>
>>14693478
>Help me form an opinion, because I am incapable of doing so myself!
Sorry OP, but you must do this for yourself.

>all these faggots hating on Zeta
Look, until you actually watch it yourself just stop posting.
>>
File: sad_boys-4729.jpg (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sad_boys-4729.jpg
125KB, 500x500px
>>14694790

Where can I find 0080 and F91 in English Dub, you Americans are so lucky.
>>
>>14694407
>in a board poll
Yes, a strawpoll in some minor thread that most of the board never paid attention to sure is official!

Fuck off.
>>
>>14694790
F91's progression felt weird and rushed.

Seabook or whatever the fuck his name is also took out 3 suits in his first battle, at that point I didn't feel as if he was ever going to be in danger.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.