[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a fun thread gentle/m/en. Let's say that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_inline_mhbs3czBb51qz4rgp.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mhbs3czBb51qz4rgp.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
Let's have a fun thread gentle/m/en. Let's say that a Hollywood studio got the rights to Gundam and planned on making it a trilogy at minimum, and a cinematic universe if it takes off. More than that, they pick YOU as the creative director to handle it all. You are allowed to do anything and either adapt one specific universe or mix aspects of them together. How would you do it?
>>
File: 1469120178415.jpg (36KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
1469120178415.jpg
36KB, 640x623px
Simple, We make G Gundam: The movie, and sell it as a big dumb summer blockbuster to rival the likes of Bayformers.
And then, we throw them for a loop and make the sequel an art house indie film based on Turn A.
>>
>>14690470
id say do 00. Its set in our universe, its conflict is easily understandable. Just remove the concept of aliens and 00's newtype shit and its gold.
>>
I would rather have syndicated TV show instead. If the west can produce Star Trek TNG and DS9 I think we could make a good Gundam show.

I would have the story take place outside of our solar system and maybe include aliens, alien mobile suits, a peace prince that gets killed, no char clone , and good mix of political intrigue and mobile suit fights
>>
I'll play. For the first movie:

>Based mainly on UC
>Mix between adventure and war movie in tone
>Make the colony drop the core of the story, with stopping it the focus of the plot
>Amuro and Charr as the main characters of different sides
>War already started, Zeon are dominating in their blitzkrieg
>Gundam is developed as a prototype for a counter suit
>Amuro is more involved in the development to streamline things, but is a technician or something else that gives him knowledge of how it works but not in a pilot position
>Side 7 attack, yada yada, Amuro ends up in the Gundam and with White Base
>Spend story on the run while Char is chasing them and also dealing with politics of war
>Eventually end.with learning of planned colony drop, try to stop it, while Amura has climatic showdown with Char
>they fail to stop it
>Sequel hook with White Base arriving at the Federation fleet with closing shot of multiple incomplete gundam types
>>
SEQUEL TO G SAVIOUR BY DEL TORO AND KOJIMA
>>
File: 1451961119989.jpg (5KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451961119989.jpg
5KB, 251x240px
>>14690476
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam

a film by

JJ Abrams
>>
>>14690470
See to it the project is canceled.
>>
File: Infobox_Anatolia's_Mercenary.jpg (499KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Infobox_Anatolia's_Mercenary.jpg
499KB, 1280x720px
>>14690470
>Streamline 0079's movie trilogy
>Use designs with a realistic aesthetic like "For the Barrel", Armored Core and Tsutomu Nihei's works.
>Make the aesthetic seem more Hard-sci-fi
>use the OYW conflict as an allegory for more modern events that have to do with the west
>>
>>14691081
>more modern events that have to do with the west
so the Feddies just let tons of Zeon "kids" in to the Earth to rape and kill people and if you point out that giant colony falling out of the sky you're Zeonphobic
>>
>>14691081
What's your favorite Gundam series, Anonymous
>>
>>14691088
something like this but not full on ZEON IS TOTALLY MUSLIMS GUIZE
Maybe Zeon could be like the middle east where it's a group of colonies/nations that have been left in a power vacuum after Deikum's assassination that is taken up by the Zabis.
They could be trying to take control of other colonies and spreading their influence, but the federation doesn't want that.
Also the colony drop still happens as a parallel to 9/11
>>
File: Stargazer.jpg (97KB, 400x464px) Image search: [Google]
Stargazer.jpg
97KB, 400x464px
>>14691099
that's difficult, I really liked how 00 season 1 did a commentary on the middle east and energy crisis
And I liked the later UC as it shows the repercussions of everything prior.
And 0079's really nice all around too, also I thought Unicorn was good once you understand it's purpose.
G-Reko had a great atmosphere I really liked and the world seemed extremely unique.
I haven't seen Turn A, but plan to soon once I get done through all of Gundam
Stargazer is also pretty good and I thought the first arc of Destiny up to that point was great as well

this is a REALLY hard descision, but I think it comes down to
>Destiny's First arc + Stargazer
>00 S1
>0079
>>
>>14691121
>I really liked how 00 season 1 did a commentary on the middle east and energy crisis
As someone actually from the Middle East, I honestly disliked it because of that.

It felt weakly put together thanks to the fact that they paint the entire region as being either Palestine or Afghanistan. Which, honestly, is far from what the real Arab world is like.

It's sorta like how Sweden isn't the cuck capital of the world, as much as /pol/ would like you to believe.

Don't get me started on the Energy stuff. It's poorly researched and sorta just slapped together.
>>
>>14691143
>It's sorta like how Sweden isn't the cuck capital of the world, as much as /pol/ would like you to believe.
Sad to see that Canada is taking that spot.
>>
>>14691143
>It felt weakly put together thanks to the fact that they paint the entire region as being either Palestine or Afghanistan. Which, honestly, is far from what the real Arab world is like.

I can see how that would be annoying,I know irl there's way more to it and the situation would be more complex,
but in an anime made to sell merchandise there's only so much you can go into.
I just thought their choice to focus on the two issues of terrorism and the energy crisis was interesting and something you don't see done much in fiction, it's like terrorism is taboo.
>>
I won't accept it because Mr Stenberg is gonna make me fill it with strong powerful womyn pilots and nigger pilots when all I want to see is a bunch of earth white men fighting space Aryans in giant robots

I don't want Tyrosus Aznable or Shaquille Ray or Idris Elba as captain Bright Noa

Anime is anime, trying to make it into western styled movies and shows won't work, GiTs gonna flop and so is death note and the SAO TV show
>>
>>14691225
>when all I want to see is a bunch of earth white men fighting space Aryans in giant robots

You mean a bunch of Earth Japanese
>>
>>14691242
My point being I don't want to see 3dpd shit in anime unless it's original story like pacific rim
>>
>>14691225
>Amuro Ray
>Kai Shiden
>Hayato Kobayashi
>Ryu Jose
>Mirai Yashima
>white

Normally I'm all for free expression on the internet, but sometimes, there IS such a thing as being too stupid to be allowed out in public.
>>
>>14691225
>letting /pol/ control you this much
get a grip on reality man, learn to think for yourself and see things objectively, race doesn't always matter when it comes to story elements.
Sometimes having the actor the same race as their source material will enhance the performance, but that doesn't mean a really good performance from someone of another race can't be just as good or even superior.

Also Gundam has always had characters of many races, Tomino is extremely fond of doing this because he is inspired by western culture as much as he is inspired by Japan's own culture
>>
>>14690470

Can't I adapt Crosbone Gundam?

Because Crossbone already does everything.
>>
>>14691225
>I don't want ... Idris Elba as captain Bright Noa
Of course not, he's far too old to be Bright. Now, Idris Elba as Revil, that's the way it should be.
>>
>>14691393
Oh damn, I can totally see him as Revil, or maybe even Ramba Ral
>>
>>14691225
>SAO tv show
WHAT. WHAAAAAAATTTTT?
>>
I'd do Gundam AGE. Fight me.
>>
>>14691225
>complaining about blacks and women in movies
>wanting white people to play Japanese characters
Holy shit, get a load of this backwards-ass hillbilly. You know it's 2016, right? I'm surprised you even know how to use a computer.
>>
>>14691506
that could actually work as a trilogy
>>
>>14691225
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>14690470

I'd start with a variation of Gundam Wing. You need to play around with the story a bit to fix some of its flaws, but we can do that work in translation. Its focus on drone weapons, weapons of terror, and technology/distance causing us to lose touch with the actual costs of war are all veins easy to tap in today's public consciousness for america. Tone down the giant robotness, though, such that the Gundams are the only true giant robots (which is what makes them scary) while everyone else is using much less impressive grades of robotic weaponry. The Gundams are pushed to their limit and one by one are trashed in the process of saving the day

Set the One Year War sometime AFTER Wing, and impress upon the viewer that Zeon rose to power specifically because only the immediate crises in wing was solved instead of the political situation that gave birth to that dissent in the first place. Zeon is using mobile suits now, but the fact that Wing came before means that you draw a direct connection between the Zakus and the original wing Gundams: Zeon has mass produced what was originally explicitly a weapon of terror and turned it into their default war machine.
The Gundam that Amuro ends up using is a project to try and catch up to Zeons MS development, using parts salvaged from the wrecks of the original Gundams as a base and indeed reusing whole pieces of them when possible (explaining the similarity in their designs). Zeon is defeated, but while the last actual scene of the movie ends on a hopeful note the ending credits show clips and audio broadcasts from the various neo zeon uprisings, showing that this conflict never really ends.

Third movie is G Gundam in the far future, showcasing war turned into a game to prevent even worse damage to the Earth than has already happened.
>>
>>14691790

After War Gundam X also works as a 3rd movie in that sequence. Probably a better fit, on second thought.
>>
I'd probably base the first one off 8th MS Team just to test the waters.

It's got a decent self-contained story (a fairly short one, at that) and allows for all the diversity boxes hollywood likes to be checked easily without having to fuck with the casting/roles too much. It's already pretty diverse.

Plus the Apsalus could easily be hyped up as more consequential than it actually turns out to be (firing mostly warning shots during its big reveal, etc) and used in a lot of promotional material to help get asses in seats.

The typical "child soldier" aspect of Gundam probably wouldn't be received too kindly, I'm thinking. Best to avoid it for the first film, otherwise I'd start making films to flesh out the rest of the OYW and Amuro/White Base's bullshit.
>>
>>14691427
Seconded, is this shit real? Can you even go as far as to rip off the rip off?
>>
File: 23-steven-yeun.w529.h529.jpg (63KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
23-steven-yeun.w529.h529.jpg
63KB, 529x529px
>>14691822
samefag here;

Anyone got any objections to this dude playing Shiro?
>>
File: 1457812261182.jpg (369KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457812261182.jpg
369KB, 600x800px
I`d probably do 0080.First it`s already a very moving war drama as it stands. I won`t really need to edit anything at all. And I`m pretty sure western audience would really love it. Also the original series is as long as your average movie,so I don`t even need to cut shit.
>>
>>14691889

0080 wouldn't work as a setup movie, but if they went full every year a different movie full greed mode like Disney with Star Wars, it'd be a fucking amazing standalone entry.
>>
>>14691889
The problem with 0080 is a problem any Gundam adaptation would have to deal with--it's too dark for a children's film and adults aren't going to rush to a movie about toyetic robots with a child lead.

Stories like 0080 are something that you have to stumble into. You can't market a loss-of-innocence storyline in a children's movie anymore and it's only marketable to adults if it strays into masturbatory ultra-grimdark, hard-R, mature-Gundams-for-mature-viewers-like-me child soldier territory.
>>
It's simple really.
Call the movie Mobile suit Gundam

>Make armoured core the movie.
>>
File: b7ZJm9L.jpg (196KB, 966x929px) Image search: [Google]
b7ZJm9L.jpg
196KB, 966x929px
>>14691081
>For The Barrel style designs
I like the way you think anon

>>14691803
personally I'd go in this order;

1.) Wing

2.) either X or IBO(maybe even a mix of both)

3.) G Gundam(with a smidgen of elements of Turn A and G-Reco mixed in)

>>14691822
>The typical "child soldier" aspect of Gundam probably wouldn't be received too kindly, I'm thinking. Best to avoid it for the first film, otherwise I'd start making films to flesh out the rest of the OYW and Amuro/White Base's bullshit.
could just use the Novel's setup, with Amuro and the other pilots already enlisted(similarly I'd borrow from The Origin regarding certain technology details, like White Base initially having multiple Guntanks & Guncannons)
>>
>>14692876
Well... We can always make the MS look super gritty and western to make it more of an adult movie
>>
>>14692814
Apparently I forgot how we`re not in the 80s anymore and the movie industry sucks.
>>
Live action 0080
It has the most "American Movie Oscar Bait" style plot.
>>
>>14691225
Holy fuck. Gundam has always been relatively diverse, you stupid fuck.

>>14691404
>or maybe even Ramba Ral
Oh fuck, I really want this.
>>
>>14694471
shh pol doesn't know amuro is jap canuk AND mexican
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.