[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why didn't thunderbolt end in chapter 25 with the mutual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 323.jpg (149KB, 815x1200px) Image search: [Google]
323.jpg
149KB, 815x1200px
why didn't thunderbolt end in chapter 25 with the mutual annihilation of both the zeon and moore forces?

why did they have to create this ugly thing?

I don't mind any other mistakes from thunderbolt. I really don't give a shit about the spacemonks or the abusive high power of every mobile suit in that manga.
but for fucks sake, this gundam is ugly and turns a nice short overlydramatic story into another project of an infinite manga.

and godsdammit, this gundam is ugly. did I already mention that?
>>
>>14689171
I like the Atlas. Kind of reminds me of an Astronaut. I agree the full armaments is kind of shitty, it's kind of skinny, and that it looks way too advanced for standard >inb4 AU response PYW tech, but it's not totally terrible.
>>
File: tumblr_o2al8pSKVD1tpq8bdo4_1280.jpg (420KB, 1080x1261px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2al8pSKVD1tpq8bdo4_1280.jpg
420KB, 1080x1261px
>>14689196
it's capable of in-atmosphere flight
in humanoid form

plus, those legs things are disgusting
and a railgun? when did anyone mention a railgun in UC? the ball joints are so... ugly

I liked FA78thunderbolt, I genuinely did(they could have tuned the power down a bit) but atlas is just...so odd
the way he uses those thingies to fly... atlas doesn't look like it can pack a punch. and kinda doesn't follow the aesthetics of the manga(I'm not even talking about the aesthetics of UC)
/rant
>>
>>14689196
>Looks way too advanced
This. When you look at the Atlas you see a shitton of curves that really make it looks futuristic compared to the boxy design of every other mobile suit at the time. Even Zeon designs which do have curves have a heaviness that this thing doesn't have with its weird ball joints exposed.
>>
>>14689209
I won't lie, I did think it was pretty ugly at first. For better or worse, it's one of those designs that you either come around too or not. I haven't reached that part of the manga yet, but I will say that I like it because it has a nice athletic look to it, as well as a very modern looking color scheme. Still, I will admit the design does have its problems and isn't necessarily the best fit for everyone.
>>
>>14689209
railguns are rare because beam weapons are just so much better that there isn't much of a point going with railguns

there's a few MSV units that have railguns like the Hyaku Shiki ground type and Desert GM
>>
>>14689171
I agree, Atlas is ugly as fuck.
Thunderbolt's redesigns of the aquatic Zeon MS are shit too.
>>
>>14689171
>Atlas is ugly as fuck.

Yeah, it's ugly as you are, anon.
>>
>>14689316
YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU FAGGOT, THUNDERBOLT GOGG IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MS AROUND
>>
>>14689228
It really looks like it came from a turn a prequel or something
>>
I disliked part 2 at first, but as it went on I realized it had solid character development and space-ISIS is a great antagonist that breaks the standard Gundam formula.
>>
>>14689171
>I really don't give a shit about the spacemonks
I haven't read the manga, is this referring to the "Moore Brotherhood" that the OVA mentioned runs Moore? I always thought "Brotherhood" was an odd and anachronistic term for an OYW-era political leadership, and wasn't sure whether or not I was supposed to imagine some Jedi Council or Freemasons in funny cloaks, or just a standard political body in business suits.

Or maybe these spacemonks are unrelated to the Brotherhood, I never would of imagined the Brotherhood to be space-ISIS like >>14689897 mentions.

Either way, considering the existence of the Moon Moon religion, you can't say spacemonks don't fit into the UC, can you.
>>
>>14689171
To be frank, I hope Io can finally beat Darly, even without killing him, and put the score at par. I hated a lor the lightning plot armor of their respective clashes. i thought it was totally unnecessary in both cases.

Anyways, yes, the Atlas is a monstrosity, but in the second part Io grew a lot as a character and his pov is the more interesting with the spy issue and the monk with the Psycho zaku.
In short, despite the awful Gundam, but the second part is not so bad, imho.
>>
File: Guncannon_Aqua.jpg (190KB, 539x800px) Image search: [Google]
Guncannon_Aqua.jpg
190KB, 539x800px
>>14689936
And don't forget the based Guncannon Aqua. The hover Gouf are also very nice.

Also, GM Kai and redesigned Accguy are quite good too.
>>
>>14689978
Guncannon Aqua? That actually sounds interesting, the Federation doesn't have many underwater-capable suits, and its design doesn't look too out of place or equipped with out of tech bullshit unlike the Atlas in the OP or even the FA from Thunderbolt.
>>
>>14689981
It's really just the Atlas that is totally out of context.
>>
>>14689978
The Gouf custom from the desert rat episode was awesome. A little bit protagonist-powered, but sliding in dunes and shit is 100% cool

>>14689915
I completely forgot the moonmoon religion.
And now that I think it over, the earth isn't really explored in gundam(at least not in gundam, zeta and zz). It's kinda good that they did it in thunderbolt
>>
>>14689915
Cutting your wild geese chase short as you haven't read the manga, space monks dosen't refers to Moore brotherhood. Instead it refers to a squad of buddisht monks who are gather death bodies and performing last rites near the end of battle of A bawa aqu.

In the 2nd arc, they are the one who emerge as the defacto big bad. How? Well, read the manga to find out.
>>
>>14689171
>why did they have to create this ugly thing?
You mean everything in thunderbolt?
>>
>>14693817
Are they literally Buddhist, or do they just resemble Buddhists monks visually?
>>
>>14698440
They're newtype worshipping Buddhists.
>>
Is Thunderbolt the only other Gundam manga besides the origin that's worth reading?
>>
>>14698807
Plot to Assassinate Gihren is great, Return of Johnny Ridden is pretty good.
>>
>>14689209

Your views on the OVA aside, the manga does its own thing in UC without regards to proper UC timeline and setting stuff. The writer even says he got permission to do stuff like that.
>>
File: 131.jpg (850KB, 1717x1200px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
850KB, 1717x1200px
>>14698807
Nah, Plot to Assassinate Gihren and MSV-R Johnny Ridden are pretty damn good. Both are by Ark Performance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUrEEb2N6fZHh46WtKvFri1W9xuO63iUjj4TXV--Acs/edit#gid=0

mega:#!CoxD1aCa!6N7qqvC1XIS69wZssQr6_Z_mtZjKMi_E7BYXr2HorM8

Plot to Assassinate Gihren is already complete, the only flaw about it would be that the action doesn't kick into high gear until the end (badass fight between a Gouf and a Galbaldy), but the politics and mystery aspect are good. MSV-R Johnny Ridden is still ongoing but features a lot of action.
>>
File: 1463168948278.png (2MB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1463168948278.png
2MB, 1129x1600px
>>14698841
>but features a lot of super gelgoog* action.
>>
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v9-003.jpg (909KB, 2258x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v9-003.jpg
909KB, 2258x1600px
>>14698864
And to top it off there's a bunch of neat GMs and Gaplants, and only one old Gundam has shown up so far.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.