[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G Gundam is the only Gundam series I watched, but are there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: what did you do to Allenby.jpg (61KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
what did you do to Allenby.jpg
61KB, 600x459px
G Gundam is the only Gundam series I watched, but are there any other Gundam series alike G Gundam?
>>
>>14688901
The first season of Build Fighters. Sort of
>>
>>14688901
>but are there any other Gundam series alike G Gundam?

BWAHAHAHA

Don't worry, that laugh isn't at your expense anon. I just had to chuckle because Gundam G is the black sheep of the Gundam franchise, most of them are war dramas rather than super robot fights. In that way it's regard as one of the worst by some and by others one of the greatest.

Closest Gundam series I can think of would be the first Build Fighters, but it doesn't quite have the same levels of stupidly awesome. You will probably have better luck looking at other super robot anime.
>>
First season of build fighters is as close as you're getting.
Try had Domon as the main character's mentor. Unfortunately, you don't fully see him until the last few minutes. Also it's just dull compared to the first season.

Really though, go watch some wuxia movies or maybe Giant Robo. Gundam as a whole is not like G gundam.
>>
>>14688927
I think I had "tried" watching some of the first few episodes of Gundam 0079 butt I couldn't get into it.
>>
>>14688901
Speaking as someone who's favorite Gundam is G, it's really just not like the others. That being said, a lot of people here said S1 of Build Fighters and they're not wrong. S2 had a bit more G Gundam tier stuff but you're better off just watching those individual clips as S2 was a chore to sit through (although Gyanko helped).

I'd recommend Gundam 00 as a valid starting point to ease yourself into the meat of the series. While not the only starting point, it's self contained so you don't have to worry about watching something first and there's plenty of manga material if you want to know more about what happened before the events of 00. Also make sure you watch the movie because that"s the real ending, ignoring the fact that some may or may not hate the movie.

Others could probably point you to another good gundam starting point but that's just my advice.
>>
>>14688939

SEED is often regarded as a modern remake of 0079, but personally I find it's more like they took the script and turned it into this really generic anime.

AGE is pretty much everything that can go wrong with a Gundam series in 50 episodes.

00 is pretty strong, but the first season is either the best of the franchise or edgelord-tier shit with unlikable characters. If you think the former, the second season is a bit of a letdown.

IBO is very hit and miss. People will debate over that almost anything is a strength or a weakness. It's second season is starting next month.
>>
>>14689429
>SEED is often regarded as a modern remake of 0079
I will never understand why people reduce it to this. It has a lot of callbacks, as almost every Gundam series does (war with colonies, teen forced to take control of Gundam, space arc, desert arc, awesome enemy/mentor, MC gains confidence/becomes hero, final showdown) but the plot of SEED is completely different from that of MSG. The Kira/Athrun dynamic, Fllay's bullshit, Kira being outed as a Coordinator very early while Amuro is only hinted at being a newtype halfway through the show, Mwu's preexisting rivalry with Rau, Cagalli and Orb, Yzak/Dearka/Nicol, the N-Jammers, the N-Jammer Canceller plot, all of this is completely different from anything in MSG's plot. You might be able to say that the "are coordinators really the next step or a dead end?" bit sort of echoes DOME from Gundam X but in MSG the newtypes are very clearly the next step for humanity (even though later series backpedaled on this).
>>
>>14690010
N-Jammers are the most retarded fucking plot device/tech gimmick ever, alot of the CE tech stuff is stupid bullshit but that stands out by far. And the N-Jammer Canceller doesn't help matters at all.
>>
>>14688925
>g gundam
>super robot
found the retard. imagawa explicitly stated that he wasn't influenced by any old super robot shows when he made G Gundam.

G Gundam is a mix of wuxia drama which he likes, and giant robots, and that's why it's considered a masterpiece by many, like Imagawa's other work Giant Robo OVA
>>
>>14688901
>are there any other Gundam series alike G Gundam
Nope.

Watch some of the director's other work, like Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still or the 2004 version of Tetsujin-28.
>>
File: How2Supermode.jpg (138KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
How2Supermode.jpg
138KB, 528x396px
>>14688901
G Gundam was actually pretty entertaining as it was not all about "Muh War, Peace, Master Races and turncoat antagonists".
>>
>>14688901
No
>>
>>14688901
No mecha matches what you have seen but in terms of insanity watch samflam.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.