[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my understanding of the situation was that the Build Burning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: bf43_23.jpg (78KB, 580x700px) Image search: [Google]
bf43_23.jpg
78KB, 580x700px
So my understanding of the situation was that the Build Burning was a ridiculously overpowered kit. It was permanently in RG Mode, it had plavsky manipulation abilities out the ass, and since it was built for Reiji it was so tuned up that only people with similar levels of reflexes could handle it. It was the primary reason Sekai was able to compete at all, as it let him seamlessly transfer his martial arts techniques to Gunpla Battle and even let him go further and create his own attacks.

And then at the end of the show, Sekai creates the Kamiki Burning. Going by Island Wars he has no issues whatsoever piloting it like he did the BB, so are we supposed to assume the KB is an outright better kit? Are we supposed to assume that Sekai with Shia advising him is just as good of a builder as Sei?
>>
File: 0000007785.jpg (98KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
0000007785.jpg
98KB, 600x341px
>all of the above + full assimilation + particle manipulation + infinite particle tank + max stat in all categories
>7 years ago
>slightly above Tatsuya and Sei's gunpla and assimilate ability

Sekai's isn't that bad
>>
>>14685717
Nah. It is just the fact that the current generation of gunpla fighters are using a downgraded system with a downgraded power source and easy mode constantly active in order to compensate. Just look at all the bs super attacks they were capable of releasing causally.

In Season 1, attacks of such destructive caliber could only have been found on a gunpla equipped with a Satellite Cannon which is very situational.
>>
>>14685852
No OP, that's your headcanon, nothing states the game machine was changed and not replicated perfectly by Nils. The writing is simply not so detailed on the system, and in general there were discrepancies between how it worked in TRY from GBF.
>>
File: sei.png (196KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
sei.png
196KB, 500x541px
>>14685791
>Try was a mistake
>>
It means Try doesn't give a shit because at the end of Try when Meijin and Ral fight using their basic as shit units Sekai and everyone are all stunned in awe and say "I can't compete at all"
>>
i miss sei
he was cool
>>
>>14685791
Cathedral is so fucking cool.
>>
>>14685717
While an all new kit, it is obviously heavily based on the build/try burning. They probably copied a lot of the frame for it (Which is where most of its abilities come from). What's more the build burning had to be a couple years old by the time Sekai found it. Who knows how insane Sei's gunpla are now.
>>
>>14686357
>They probably copied a lot of the frame for it
they had a entire second build burning delivered to them in the tournament
>>
>>14685791
>Recycled Denial Gundam
>>
>>14686357
>yfw he's just kicking everyone's ass in a vanilla Strike Gundam like his dad
>>
>>14686369
Considering that the original got heavily trashed with entire limbs blown apart and then it's shown rebuilt on the club shelf I'm willing to believe that the spare frame was used to restore it.
>>
File: 4164116416.jpg (15KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
4164116416.jpg
15KB, 360x359px
>>14686372
>>
>>14685717

> Sei is a shit pilot at the start but magically a world class one at the end because he stopped worrying about hurting his kits

Seems plausible that Sekai would become a great builder with no real effort if Sei could do the opposite.
>>
>>14686458
It was also stated that he was always watching Reiji fight and this was helping him improve too.
>>
>>14686398
damage in the game didn't exactly translate to damage on the model

I know Try tried to hype up the tournament as "maximum damage level" but I don't think the Build Burning was annihilated.
>>
>>14686504
At the amount of parts blown apart even once the field faded the limbs had to have been shattered and cracked apart at that point. Damage level A was implied to basically be the default amount of damage we saw in the first series.
>>
>>14686494

Which is an equally bullshit explanation, since it's not like he wasn't watching people fight prior to Reiji. He'd spent quite a bit of time watching his dad fight for one.
>>
>>14686517
I guess it's better watching the gunpla you built fight, as you'd know its exact range of articulation and capabilities, so you can see precisely what the fighter can do with it.
>>
File: fumina hoshino.png (680KB, 647x900px) Image search: [Google]
fumina hoshino.png
680KB, 647x900px
BEST GIRL
>>
>>14686517
The point was that he always had what it took, he was just too afraid to do it. It's real slapdash, but it was at least an explanation.

Sekai has nothing similar.
>>
>>14686557

Sekai does have an explanation though. He built an SD, helped Fumina and You with the Try Burnings build, even if barely and studied with and learned from Shia. Is it a bullshit explanation? Of course. It's no more bullshit than Sei's explanation though.
>>
>>14686713
Gunpla battle is like video games, you are either good at it or you aren't. You don't need much experiences in order to become good at it.

Gunpla building is different. Especially with the various painting and building techniques available.
>>
>>14686739

Videogames take plenty of practice or skill, especially if you're competing. Which is why there are professional competitions for fighting games, strategy games or shooters. There's very few people who could just walk straight in to one of them and compete on any level.
>>
>>14685880
Damnit Anon, you didn't use the "Disillusioned" face. I am ashamed of you.
>>
>>14685870
not that anon but you can actually infer based on Island wars that the current gunpla system is imperfect or lesser than the original, as we have no evidence that there has been travel between Earth and Arian- until the events on the training island unfold from interference between the next generation plavsky crystal and Reiji's daughter.
This doesn't make it fact or any less opinionated, but it's a decent guess at what's going on in the world.
These two things are not mutually inclusive, so I'm also willing to say that plasvky hax were huge when Sei made it to worlds with Reiji, but Nils was already bringing it to the next level back then. Just by watching the progression of video game characters in games we can actually play, you can only imagine the Gunpla Battle plavsky power creep. Which explains the new "particle limit" in Gunpla Battle, which didn't exist back in the hayday where plavsky hax were at a minimum. All this culminates in plavs-hax being widespread and taking all sorts of forms but being balanced because you could only fit so many super moves before you ran out of MP.
>>
>lightning gundam burnern normal mode is faster than kyrios in flight mode + trans-am
What a load of shit that was.
>>
>>14687187
gunpla spec is not bounded to in-universe BS magic powder tech.
>>
>>14686548
top slut
>>
>>14687040
>Can't spam special moves
>Except Sekai who barely used anything but special moves

My bad on the OVA part, did not watch yet and was going on the series.
>>
>>14687187
>Original setting specs only have minor impact on gunpla battle specs.
>Build quality and mods greatly effect preformance levels.
>Yuuma is widely recognized and acknowledged as one of Japans best builders.
>The base lightning won a major prize for its build quality and the new backpack adds a ton of thtusters and can be expected to have similar build quality to lightning

The logic of it checks out to me.
>>
>>14687398
Build burning basically uses a loophole in the system. Thanks to have a perfected absorb system it essentially had unlimited particles once Sekai figured out what he was doing with it.
>>
If straight factory gunpla were powerful as the anime counterpart, everyone would spam turn a and the like
>>
>>14687272
You mean she was used and discarded by Banrise? Yeah, you're right.

She was literally my main motivation for watching Try after all the info about how much they changed stuff from GBF
>>
Try had a real problem where everyone involved is just Generically Good Builder so there's really no way to tell whether or not a kit was well built or not. Even the super pros like Yuuma and Minato don't seem to be capable of anything significantly more amazing than the rest of the competition. The absolute most you can say is that someone is a little more creative than someone else.

Contrast BF where you had Fellini and Yuuki running minorly customized versions of base designs, Nils abusing his knowledge of plavsky particles, Mao using his talent as a builder to circumvent the Satellite System and spam his way to victory, and Sei moving from minor customization to totally unique systems.
>>
>>14686902
>Videogames take plenty of practice or skill,
Haha no
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.