[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Gainax and their offshoots one of the worst people and companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 31

File: pleb buster.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
pleb buster.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Are Gainax and their offshoots one of the worst people and companies to affect the genre?
>>
File: kino.jpg (121KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
121KB, 620x445px
>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?
>>
>>14685113

Hey faggot all of those may be shit but it's shit I like
>>
>>14685113
Random animation and detail doesn't make the movie good.

>what happened
They're otaku. They simply gave into their inner freak. That, and the faggot called Anno.
>>
File: just stop.png (382KB, 583x521px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.png
382KB, 583x521px
>>14685113
>No robots
>better than Gunbuster

>>>/a/
>>
>>14685153
>Gunbuster is good
>>>/a/
>>
>>14685103
Sure, if you're a huge hipster who sees it as his mission to go out of his way to bitch about something and declare it the worst thing ever just because it's popular.
>>
Gunbuster and Wings of Honneamise are awesome. Evangelion is good, but EoE and the fanbase ruined it, definitely overrated. Don't care much about the rest of their stuff.
>>
>>14685113
>This (insertlessknownanime) is truly the greatest
>(insertmorewellknownanime) is waifu pandering shit
>What happened?

(You) are full of shit
>>
>>14685113
>implying the church girl wasn't waifu potential.

Also for the sake of discussion, what was with the rape scene? She forgave his rape attempt awfully fucking quickly.
>>
>>14685386
>he doesn't care about Alisia Dragoon

True pleb.
>>
I love Gainax. Not even limited to anime, Gunbuster is just one of my favorite things. Nadia, FLCL, NGE, TTGL, Kare Kano, Honneamise are all great. Even Panty and Stocking and Abenobashi are good times.

I'm too old to pretend they aren't my favorite animation studio.
>>
>>14685113
I can't even tell if this post is supposed to be serious or not.
>>
>>14685882
I can't even tell if this TOPIC is supposed to be serious or not.
>>
File: 489101.jpg (332KB, 1235x2000px) Image search: [Google]
489101.jpg
332KB, 1235x2000px
I love gunbuster so much.
>>
>>14686125
But were you only 9 years old?
Did you own all of the merchandise and movies?
Do you pray to Noriko every night before bed?
Is Noriko love and is Noriko life?
>>
File: HARDWORK AND GUTS.gif (318KB, 450x650px) Image search: [Google]
HARDWORK AND GUTS.gif
318KB, 450x650px
>>14686408
>Noriko will never be your god

sadness
>>
File: Gainax fans.png (24KB, 802x263px) Image search: [Google]
Gainax fans.png
24KB, 802x263px
>>14685103
Yes.

This doesn't mean they make the worst anime.

But they are the most cancerous influence.
>>
File: ah, so thats it then.png (317KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
ah, so thats it then.png
317KB, 640x482px
>>14686452
>tfw
>>
File: 1471657802211.png (2MB, 636x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1471657802211.png
2MB, 636x1092px
>>14686452
>actual human beings typed this shit out
>>
>>14685113
But what the sequel is even going to be about?
And they are making it after all these years ffs.
>>
>>14685426

Not him but Honey Mayonnaise is not an unpopular or unknown thing. It's widely considered by many to be one of the best anime movies out there.
>>
>>14686452

>That file name

>implying /r/anime knows about pre-Eva gainax

>implying that /r/anime is not the worst place to go for an impression on anything
>>
>>14686452
I wonder how many comments there were to choose from in that thread. I wonder if the ones shown in the pic weren't heavily downvoted.
>>
File: 1470953918413.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1470953918413.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>14686699

>NGE isn't a mecha anime. It's an anime that happens to have mechs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnwfrui

>Ah, so this a mecha anime. Interesting. One of the first or?

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnwbzvi

>I dare say it's the anime that changed mecha anime right up there with TTGL.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnx25o1

>I'm watching it in dub and man, you just can't beat 90s dubbing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnwcdag

>The ED is pretty jazzy. I recognize the song but I can't remember what it's called. Pretty surprising to see it used in a Japanese anime from the...80's?

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnwbzvi

>Seems like this and Gurren Lagann has made Giamax the leading figures of Mecha anime then.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnwfvjd

>I think this is the oldest anime I've seen

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnwcmql
None are in the negatives
>>
>>14686452
>WE AT R/ANIME LAUGHING

Seriously fuck that sub reddit, alongwith r/gundam.
>>
>>14686718
>https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2t6xdl/spoilers_neon_genesis_evangelion_rewatch_episode/cnwbzvi

>That tree in the OP looks exactly like the one in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. No joke. Here. It's word for word the same. That means we are either going to see the MC and his/her sister be orphaned at an early age before becoming alchemists OR this tree is a real thing that has flown over my head all this time.

Is this a joke? Am I being trolled?
>>
>>14686727
>Am I being trolled?
Yes, in an epic way.
>>
File: 1459095968863.jpg (41KB, 712x480px)
1459095968863.jpg
41KB, 712x480px
>>14686718
>mfw reading those comments

I remember that time when in some thread about things that will never materialize in real life in that sub reddit had one comment about Gundam that how in-universe it worked because of huge amount of thrusters attached to it. And not a single person corrected it.
>>
>>14685113
>>Wings of Honneamise
>>Literally the greatest anime film of all time.
>>A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

A pale copy of The Right Stuff. I don't think it's the best film of the eighties let alone the best in the history of anime. But it's a good film, not based on a manga (finished or otherwise). At times the film feels very disconnected, at other times it flows very well.

>>Gunbuster
>>Nadia
>>Evangelion
>>FLCL
>>Gurren Lagann
>> All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.What happened?

All bullshit ? The only bullshit I see is that coming out of your ass.

Gunbuster is the typical 1980s high budget ova. You should not care for the story, just the animation, mechanical details and injoke references to other "classic anime". Because that is where it shines.

Nadia is one of the best tv anime of all time. It is that good. I know I know the island episodes. They're subpar from an animation standpoint yet absolutely necessary to understand Nadia's character. It's a tv series aimed at a general audience like Conan the future boy. It won't appeal to today's introverse, autistic, idiotic, otakus because it's a beautifully told coming of age tale. Maybe that's where you're coming from.

Evangelion, love or hate it, it was a milestone in the history of mecha anime let alone anime.
We can say in hindsight there was a time before EVA and a time post EVA. And Eva has influenced very heavily how mecha anime were told for almost 20 years. It's nothing to sneer at.

FLCL I don't know, haven't seen it.

Gurren Lagann is a throwback to 1970s mecha anime even though in most aspects it's really modern. Old timers can and should appreciate it.
>>
>>14686745
>We can say in hindsight there was a time before EVA and a time post EVA. And Eva has influenced very heavily how mecha anime were told for almost 20 years. It's nothing to sneer at.

Please explain in further detail.
>>
File: mecha before after.jpg (690KB, 2614x1587px) Image search: [Google]
mecha before after.jpg
690KB, 2614x1587px
>>14686750
>>
File: 7b7.jpg (48KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
7b7.jpg
48KB, 625x626px
>>14686750
Anon, you better start believing in bait threads.
You're in one.
>>
>>14686763
>Anon, you better start believing in bait threads.You're in one.

Even if it is a bait thread, there is no harm done in answering seriously and truthfully.
I get it, the OP won't agree with my point of view but who cares ? I didn't answer to make him change his mind.
>>
>>14686718
>Seems like this and Gurren Lagann has made Giamax the leading figures of Mecha anime then.
I mean, is this really wrong?
>>
>>14686859
Define "leading"
When people think mecha, they still think Gundam. Gainax have done fuck all recently in regards to mecha compared to Sunrise.>>14686763
>>
>>14686885
Whoops, didn't mean to quote >>14686763

Enjoy your free (you)s I guess.
>>
>>14686885
I'd say that Gunbuster, Eva and TTGL are still pretty big in terms of mecha anime. Gunbuster and TTGL maybe not so much anymore aside from the robot anime fan crowd, but Eva is still huge, even with Rebuild being Rebuild.

I dunno if Gainax is THE leading figure of mecha anime, but I'd say it's still pretty up there. Sunrise is definitely top dog, though, since even beyond Gundam, like 80% of all mecha came through those guys.
>>
File: 360994.jpg (356KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
360994.jpg
356KB, 566x800px
>>14686673
Maybe among /m/ type cliques yes but in general it's nowhere near things like FLCL and Gurren Lagann at this point. I generally see it praised by people like that guy.

It sounds very well-made and the art and animation look great, but I've yet to watch it because I generally prefer weirder stuff over hard sci-fi.

In all honesty another issue I have is that reading up on the way it treats sexual assault makes the main character sound really hard to get behind and I kinda have the Planetes manga higher up on my "to check out in the future" list. Inb4 "SJW faggot", I'm one of the least PC people you'll meet.
>>14686745
>FLCL I don't know, haven't seen it.
There's been "ugh pretentious shit" backlash in recent years from MAL-type kids (most of the top user reviews on that site are basically that, and yes I know I shouldn't be there to begin with; I'm a masochist) but it's great.

Probably has a bigger impact if you watch it while going through puberty yourself and aren't an adult who thinks teenagers are fags since it's easier to relate to the themes, but if you're watching it with the right mindset it's very easy to enjoy. The audiovisual presentation creates a great hazy nostalgic atmosphere that makes it way more than just a comedy (in fact the serious scenes probably outweigh the wacky ones) and aside from Naota's dad dropping pointless nerd culture references, Enokido's script does its job very well and is devoid of bullshit filler and redundancy.

The mecha designs are also great and very unique.
>>
>>14686941
>Gunbuster,
Homage to childhood robo anime by Gainax
Ace wo Narae with rawbutts and welcome back aside, it really had nothing much of it's own excpet being Anno's major hit.
>TTGL
Homage to olden robo anime which Millenial normies hail it as end of the world. Apart from that, mecha anime is still the same
>NGE
Misanthrope rants which is famous for all worng reasons. Responsible for making Anno the untouchable unshakable personality in indistry.

Apart from NGE being controversial for subverting the tropes, rest are not that much of unqiue mecha anime apart from being love letters to the genre.
>>
>>14685103
Nah. Gainax did some good stuff.

KyoAni on the other hand didn't make anything at all that I like. Useless studio.

>Opinions opinions
>>
File: kitsurubami.jpg (25KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
kitsurubami.jpg
25KB, 500x333px
>>14686941
It makes sense given there are more people with internet access into anime these days, but I still find it kinda bizarre how Kill la Kill is as of now a bajillion times more popular than GL ever was (check Google Trends if you don't believe me). GL's themes seem so much easier for a wide audience to relate to.

Or maybe the fans are lying and they are in fact just watching it for the tits and ass and not how narratively amazing it is
>>
File: 1220921.jpg (894KB, 1821x1290px) Image search: [Google]
1220921.jpg
894KB, 1821x1290px
>>14686959
>Misanthrope rants which is famous for all worng reasons.
>Apart from NGE being controversial for subverting the tropes
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Nigger Gundam did "what if a teenager REALLY had to pilot a giant robot" in '79. The only "tropes" it was concerned with subverting was shit like the accidental boob grab and other things that are not unique to mecha.
>>
>>14686965
No, it's totes because of how stylish and cool and deep and good it is.

Like Shantae!
>>
>>14685426
Popularity does not equal quality.

Watch the best rated anime. Never the most popular. You'll be amazed how much those two categories differ.
>>
>>14686959
>Being so bitter that he buys into "NGE deconstructed mecha!!" meme
I bet you think GaoGaiGar was made to reconstruct the genre, too
>>
File: 487668.jpg (145KB, 800x950px)
487668.jpg
145KB, 800x950px
>>14686972
The gameplay never blew me away from what I played but Shantae IS stylish. At least before the new game with the godawful motion tweened sprites.
>>
>>14686975
It's literally a meme opinion. The only anime/manga thing Anno took issue with back then was what anime/manga had become in recent years; he still loved Dynamic Pro manga, Ideon and whatnot along with live-action shows like Gerry Anderson's UFO and the Ultra series. The references to those works were not "deconstructive" and done purely in veneration.

Even then, he's changed his mind since then. In 2008 he pridefully put a Strike Witches DVD on his desk at Studio Khara which is the most autistic kind of escapist otaku anime. He also said he stopped giving a shit about changing turboautist otaku because it's not worth bothering.
>>
>>14686452
>Gaimax
Fuckin KEK.
>>
Diebuster is good
>>
>>14686988
Didn't Anno make a lot of money because of otaku autists?

Never shit on your audience. It ain't well adjusted productive members of society who buy EVA blurays.
>>
>>14687152
Anno hates EVA fans
>>
>>14687152
The only reason he shat on them is because he was one of them. His shitting was meant at himself just as much as it was at others.

In fact that's probably why he stopped. He managed to listen to his own advice and is now a married successful man with a good life so he can't be fucked to keep caring.
>>
>>14687154
Only some Eva fans. He praised western fans for liking Asuka and Misato more than Rei unlike the baby pussies back in Japan.
>>
>>14687158
He likes American fans because they have a harder time sending him mail and don't speak his language, so what little he gets is all positive. He hated the Japanese fans because they aimed their autism at him since EVA became a cultural phenomena and he hated dealing with it. It's like how Harrison Ford hates Star Wars after dealing with the autistic fanbase for so long.
>>
>>14686745
>Gunbuster is the typical 1980s high budget ova.
Except with a thousand times more fanservice and naked girls in almost every scene with a moeblob protagonist.
>Nadia ... won't appeal to today's introverse, autistic, idiotic, otakus
Sure it will with all the shower scenes and other fanservice so otaku will praise it for muh brown loli waifu XD
>>
>>14687166
Why are you so asshurt over shows making girls physically attractive? Why is it so different from, say, making an explosion visually appealing?
>>
>>14687170
Because it is specifically done to appeal to autistic virgin pedophile otaku whereas an explosion is actually artistic.
>>
File: noriko and al.png (3MB, 2408x1372px)
noriko and al.png
3MB, 2408x1372px
>>14687170
>>14687170
>Noriko
>Nadia
>attractive
You are a gay pedophile.
Character designer Haruhiko Mikimoto draws Noriko's face almost identical to the 11-year old boy Al from Gundam 0080. If you find Noriko attractive you like little boys.
The same thing with Nadia and Shinji.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>14686965
That's simple, KLK is waaaaaay more recent (2013/4 vs 2006/7) and the better of the two.

KLK is all TTGL is, just better. Better soundtrack, better story, better action, better cast... only animation really lacks behind.
Put it simply, the only real characters of TTGL for most people are Kamina and Kamina 2.0 that is Simon in the last act.
Kill la Kill is loaded with Kaminas (or whatever hotblooded protagonist strikes your fancy, not that mecha lacks in number of these guys).
>>
>>14686957
One of the most autistic posts I've ever read busterbeam. Kill yourself.

>I generally prefer weirder stuff XD
>I'm one of the least PC people you'll meet.
Damn you're so fucking edgy and unique bro.
Just get the fuck off /m/ and take you Tumblr art with you.
>>
>>14687171
>>
>>14687191
Ha yeah that is why I can't take most anime fans seriously.

>Best anime ever
>Hasn't watched anything before 2005
>>
>>14687166
>>Gunbuster is the typical 1980s high budget ova.
>>Except with a thousand times more fanservice and naked girls in almost every scene with a moeblob protagonist.

Yes there is fan service, yes there are naked girls. But they're drawn as young adults. Nothing to be ashamed off if you like them. After all wouldn't you turn your head around if a goldly 20 year old woman were to pass by you ?
This is very different from how female characters are depicted in modern anime made for otakus. Young adult/teenager female characters are drawn as if they were prepubescent girls. As if to say we can't give you the 10 year old as subject of your sexual fantasies so you get the next best thing without running afoul of the law.

>>Nadia ... won't appeal to today's introverse, autistic, idiotic, otakus
>> Sure it will with all the shower scenes and other fanservice so otaku will praise it for muh brown loli waifu XD

Otakus are perverted sobs. They would turn Lana the female child protagonist of Future boy Conan into the object of their sexual fantasies. So it's not suprising they would do the same thing to Nadia. But this takes away nothing from the fact that The Secret of Blue Water is a fabulous coming of age tale. A real classic that touches general anime fans way beyond the incestous circle of otakus.
>>
>>14687177
I know you're just being an ass but this is actually an interesting observation and the fetishization of that type of face is probably why some male anime fans grow to like shota.
>>14687191
Both were made up as they went along but KLK was a directionless mess while GL tried to stick to a theme. This is not me assuming shit; Nakashima himself admitted this in an interview that's somewhere up on Youtube if you search "Trigger interview" (though less negatively)

I understand preferring KLK's characters over GL's but the way you saw Simon as Kamina 2.0 makes me think you just judged the characters purely by their "GAR levels". Simon was pretty fucking different from Kamina in his general attitude; try to imagine Simon acting around women the way Kamina did for example and it would be hugely out of character.

GL's story had a driving force behind it all, from the beginning everything centered around about human progress. KLK was executed in a fun way but had no idea what it was doing.
>>14687194
Will putting on a name get rid of the boner you get every time you achieve the extremely noteworthy and important feat of identifying my extremely easy to identify writing style?
>>
>>14686971
>Nigger Gundam
It was "White devil", not "nigger Gundam"

>"what if a teenager REALLY had to pilot a giant robot" in '79. The only "tropes" it was concerned with subverting was shit like the accidental boob grab and other things that are not unique to mecha.

That's what I meant, you dense motherfucker.

>>14686975
>>Being so bitter that he buys into "NGE deconstructed mecha!!" meme
>I bet you think GaoGaiGar was made to reconstruct the genre, too

Improve your reading comprehension first. Otherwise you wouldn't infer any of that bullshit you come up with after reading my post.
>>
>>14686745
>Gurren Lagann is a throwback to 1970s mecha anime

I doubt you've seen any of them.
>>
>>14687242
The discussion was about Eva in relation to mecha anime as a whole, so it seemed like your comment about "the tropes" was referring to mecha anime tropes in particular.
>>14687234
Also
>and take you Tumblr art with you.
You're the guy who went out of his way to dig up some crap I drew 2 years ago to avoid having to justify your retarded statements about 70s manga art.

Tell me more about how Gosaku Ota drew better than Leiji Matsumoto brah.
>>
>>14687264
>You're the guy who went out of his way to dig up some crap I drew 2 years ago to avoid having to justify your retarded statements about 70s manga art.
I'm not even that guy. More than one person thinks you are a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1391600696383.jpg (17KB, 250x250px)
1391600696383.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>14686687
>implying /a/ knows about anime pre-Eva that isnt Logh
>>
>>14687267
The last time I posted something I drew on Tumblr was 2 years ago. I'd like to think I only have one batshit insane stalker on this board.
>>
File: KOTO10178b.jpg (41KB, 600x542px)
KOTO10178b.jpg
41KB, 600x542px
>>14687234
>I understand preferring KLK's characters over GL's but the way you saw Simon as Kamina 2.0 makes me think you just judged the characters purely by their "GAR levels".

I was just summing up the general opinion, anon.

I actually never cared much about Simon. Before or after the fact.
Kamina was funny in his shenanigans and that's where the non-mecha cast of TTGL ends for me.

At the same time, it is true I was never that big into it.
It is a god show, but I've seen better in both mecha or no-mecha categories so it's not much for me besides mindless etertainment much like , say, Space Patrol Luluco.
>>
File: 1469477691556.png (332KB, 720x540px)
1469477691556.png
332KB, 720x540px
>it's another "busterbeam rambles incoherently about his insane thoughts" thread

No thanks.
>>
File: weak.jpg (119KB, 1280x960px)
weak.jpg
119KB, 1280x960px
>>14686745
>Gurren Lagann is a throwback to 1970s mecha anime
>>
>>14687492
>it's that autist who hates Leiji Matsumoto being butthurt because he got BTFO by busterbeam again
>>
>People shitting on otaku when they don't even understand them

Anno knew you guys were trash
>>
>>14686973
Nah i watch some of the obscure
Some is pure shit
Some are skubtastick wildride
And some others are pure gold

It depends actually, and it can't be objectivied much, only personal taste.
>>
>>14686745
>Evangelion, love or hate it, it was a milestone in the history of mecha anime let alone anime.
>We can say in hindsight there was a time before EVA and a time post EVA. And Eva has influenced very heavily how mecha anime were told for almost 20 years. It's nothing to sneer at.
Pre-Eva Post-Eva is like Pre-Fall of Rome Post-Fall of Rome
>>
>>14685442
She was a prostitute. His attempted rape was spurred on by his combination of having feelings for her and being frustrated by what she was doing.
>>
>>14687270
This.

/a/ is fucking cancer. Ofcourse most anime fans just watch seasonal shows.

Anything made before CG looks weird now.
>>
>>14690183
>Ofcourse most anime fans just watch seasonal shows.
Exactly this.

I fucking loathe it when wannabe-elitists on /a/ pull that delusional "our board is special because we watch seasonal shows as they air in glorious nihon, not like the normies who only watch Toonami!" shit.
>>
>>14686957
>but in general it's nowhere near things like FLCL and Gurren Lagann at this point.

Well yeah but those aren't movies.
>>
File: nervous.png (109KB, 263x275px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.png
109KB, 263x275px
>>14687177
>If you find Noriko attractive you like little boys.
>>
File: 1455777125782.jpg (13KB, 229x229px) Image search: [Google]
1455777125782.jpg
13KB, 229x229px
>>14686988
>Anno was a fan of Gerry Anderson's UFO
IT MAKES SENSE NOW
>>
>>14685103
Not really, but they are kind of that first generation of otaku turned professional. Folks that get frequently complained about now
>>
>>14685113
>Honneameme cucks
>>
>Downloaded Gunbuster after seeing this thread
>The rip I downloaded is hard subbed and the subs have a 3-10 second delay, varying by episode

Why is this allowed, I need to find a better rip if I'm going to actually enjoy this shit
>>
>>14685103
No. They got an insufferable fanbase and hatebase but their actual works didn't really affect the mecha genre much.
>>
>>14686106
>>14685882
This same bullshit gets posted every few weeks now.
Either he's a raging autist or this is his bad attempt at a troll.
Probably both.
>>
>>14685113
Probably a few staff changes affected everything.
Anno eventually became super important, then they made FlCl and desu i have no idea what the fuck they were thinking at that point. And then they stopped trying at all to cover up their fanservice and pandering in GL.
>>
>>14691867
[EG]
>>
>>14687177
>The same thing with Nadia and Shinji.

I thought everyone wants to fuck Shinji. Who wants to fuck Nadia?
>>
File: 1431019694641.png (111KB, 417x234px)
1431019694641.png
111KB, 417x234px
>>14686962
While Kyoani isn't really talked about since it doesn't have much /m/ stuff, I still unironically believe FMP (Not the Gainax reject studio shit) was better than any Gainax mecha anime.
>tfw that haircutting scene in TSR
>>
File: wrong.jpg (24KB, 500x380px)
wrong.jpg
24KB, 500x380px
>>14687191
>Sawano
>Better than Iwasaki
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 600x580px
>>14686957
>busterbeam actually believes he isn't a cancerous MAL kiddie
>busterbeam actually believes FLCL is unpopular and not every casual's favorite anime
>>
Well after seeing this thread I got around to watching Gunbuster

It was a fun show, nothing groundbreaking, and I can't tell if it being a 6-episode OVA instead of a normal length series helped or hurt the pacing, but overall I enjoyed it and I really liked the design of the Gunbuster mech itself

Seems to me like the people who worship the show and violently hate it are both overreacting
>>
>>14695681
My best guess is that:
The people who worship it love the ending
The people who hate it didn't care for the ending

Either way the first 4 episodes sucked. Every Anno anime I watched always had terrible starts.
>>
I used to love Gunbuster but then I read The Forever War and its just a severely watered down version of that + giant mecha

At least the designs are good, though the Gunbuster itself is the only real draw back to this OVA
>>
>>14695732
I liked the ending, but ultimately I felt it was mediocre. There are some brilliant points but they are few and far in between and buried underneath a heap of problems.
>>
>>14695741

But The Forever War is just what Haldeman went through in Vietnam and upon returning home, in space.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.