[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbZ zla6pFnw what you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: ptll.jpg (26KB, 729x363px) Image search: [Google]
ptll.jpg
26KB, 729x363px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbZzla6pFnw
what you think?
>>
>>14677131

It worked once when they rebooted the OAV in to the TV show. And that was a lot quicker and had even less point. This may be bad, high chance of it even really, but if it is then I'll ignore it and move on.
>>
>>14677131

Could be pretty good.
>>
>>14677131
Well, they've gotten a lot better at blurring the line between CG and traditional animation.

It's nice to know that SVU2 is still viewed by the public as a bunch of fuckups, no matter what else changes.
>>
>>14677131
It's literally called reboot?

What's wrong with making a new series?

Besides that it's look fine, I hope they keep the storylines and the character development.

Instead of shoot shoot robot robot.
>>
>>14677159

> Instead of shoot shoot robot robot.

Like people wouldn't throw a party if Ohta was the new main character.
>>
>>14677159
It's just a CGI short series, I think
>>
The familiar music and the joke at the end where they dislodge a power line gives me hope that it's properly inspired by the old stories and not just some experimental spinoff that takes the concept in the "wrong direction".

Do we know any details about the staff? Director? Mechanical designer?
>>
>>14677340
>Mechanical designer?
Aren't they just using the same designs that they've been using for thirty years now?
>>
>>14677350
Well, it's not like they can't redesign it. Patlabor the Next Generation was still supposed to use the AV-98, right? They still updated the look, and I don't think Izubuchi was the one who worked on Patlabor TNG?
>>
>>14677159
>Copyright renewal
>Lump in the old fans
>Can also sell the already made material

Plenty of reasons sempai.
>>
File: suffering414.gif (2MB, 380x340px) Image search: [Google]
suffering414.gif
2MB, 380x340px
>>14677131
>CGI
>>
File: 1374805055707.jpg (108KB, 792x660px) Image search: [Google]
1374805055707.jpg
108KB, 792x660px
>>14677131

Doesn't look bad at all actually, I was expecting something worse.
>>
disappointed as fuck
ig still has plenty of good 2d staff and they waste them, they could have even hired some of bones's staff
>>
>>14677131
I still haven't seen patlabor and I kinda want something new to see. Should I do it /m/?
>>
>>14677909
yes.
production order
>>
File: Production_Order.jpg (890KB, 1600x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Production_Order.jpg
890KB, 1600x1500px
>>14677968
>>
>>14677131
Is Oshii involved in this? After The Next Generation it'd be strange to not see him involved in some way, even if it's just producing episode scripts like he did for the TV series and the second OVA.
>>
>>14677909
>>14677968
>>14677985
Production order for Patlabor is weird. There's two timelines:

>First OVA (The Early Days) then the movies
>TV Series then the second OVA (The New Files)

Production order would have you skipping around a bit, so I suggest watching it by timeline.
>>
>>14677340
https://myanimelist.net/news/47171073
>>
>>14679853
Huh, so not Sunrise but Kawai and Izubuchi are in it.
>>
>>14678268
The only really jarring thing I can think of going between the two is Kanuka and Kumagumi switching places. Other that that it doesn't really matter since the only differences between the characters in the two timelines is how they're introduced.
>>
>>14677138
TV wasn't a reboot, anon. It was a very loose manga adaptation.
>>
>Studio Khara
>TOR

...you all guys know this will be a single short, right?
>>
>>14678268
I watched it in production order and it wasn't confusing, plus I think the 2nd movie works well as a conclusion to SV2's characters, even though the TV series is a different continuity.
>>
>>14677131
I hope Reboot is just a cool word they use for the title and not literally a reboot of the series,
>>
>>14688813
The end of OVA2 is a better conclusion, to the TV versions at least. TV is thematically a conclusion to the IP, though.
>>14688835
Do any of them look like our SV2 to you?
>>
>>14688862
Of course not. I had hoped the Reboot would mean something like after the old cast has left, a new team is formed to "reboot" the SV2. An alternate animated take of Patlabor Next Gen.
I don't want a reboot that just have new characters to retell the same story.
>>
This is literally a 10 minute short guys. That's all it is and likely ever will be. At least it shows they still remember Patlabor...
>>
>>14677131
Now will this be a "reboot" to the movies or the TV?

Or maybe both?
>>
>>14689786
Don't bother man. I wrote yesterday the "Khara+TOR=short" post above and everyone keeps asking stupid shit.

tl;dr READING COMPREHENSIONREEEEEEE
>>
>>14679860
Sunrise only did the TV series and second OVA because Production IG didn't have the manpower to make a full TV anime season, didn't they?
>>
>>14692321
Well at least they're having fun. Even if they're deluded as fuck.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.