[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>These DVDs are not worth watching. Don't buy! >This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Victory.jpg (147KB, 527x640px) Image search: [Google]
Victory.jpg
147KB, 527x640px
>These DVDs are not worth watching. Don't buy!

>This is a series that I want to deny completely. Such a result was all my responsibility. If you watch this Blu-ray due to some kind of mistake, please find what went wrong with 'Mobile Suit V Gundam.' If there is anyone who can learn something from it, we will have a meaning to release it as Blu-ray.

Why does Tomino hate Victory so much?
>>
Isn't his butthurt stemming from the studio wanting to change a few things in the terms of mech designs, and no actual content changes?
>>
>my favorite Gundam series is Victory
>Tomino hates it
Welp.
>>
Studio kept making demands so he went kill em all and made up goofy shit that would be difficult to turn into kits.
>>
>>14677006

> Don't but this DVD
> Can only see the message if you actually buy it
> Maybe if someone learns something from it we can justify making more
> But don't buy it

Sounds like humor to me.
>>
I've said it before and I'll say it again. A lot of artists hate it when their work is compromised not only by outside influences, but also by their own emotional problems. Victory probably does not feel authentic to him because he changed a lot of things out of anger/depression/his reaction to the buyout, rather than simply working to make it the best show possible.

Personally, I don't care and I love it. The passion of the rest of his staff and talents still shine through, and the brutality of the show is appropriate, but his reasons for disliking it are probably intensely personal and very valid.
>>
>>14677006
Tomino went through a BAD depression when making Victory. On the level of the one he was in for Zeta.

Also, Sunrise and Bandai merged around the time production was underway for Victory. It put a LOT of stress on the production and lead to many studio mandated changes. (Which the staff sometimes ignored. MS designs ended up a lot more complicated than Sunrise/Bandai wanted.)

The staff drama is actually one of the reasons why Sunrise decided to move away from UC and start doing AU stories. (In addition to worries about franchise burnout)

The whole drama is probably why we haven't seen a lot of late UC stuff and why Victory gunpla is so damn rare.
>>
>>14677006
Keep in mind Tomino is in a far different place now than he was in for Victory.

Victory being so tonally dark is probably one of the reasons why Turn A ended up being so life affirming. Turn A was the product of a man who had come out of depression and appreciated life more.
>>
>>14677465

And the ratings for V and gross revenue for F91 being horribly disappointing, that's probably more likely.
>>
>>14677480

So were the Zeta movies. He changed the ending specifically because of that change in perspective.
>>
It sounds like weird jap humor trying to be extra humble
>>
because the memories of him getting cucked during the previous productions are still fresh
>>
>>14679003

Takes one to know one, dude.
>>
>>14677465
>worried about Franchise burnout
>proceed to cause Franchise burnout by releasing 4 series four years in a row, 3 of which all have copypasta gundams
>>
How many shirtless scenes does Uso have?

Apart from that time he had to escape nude.
>>
>>14679376
Why?
>>
>>14679378
He's cute and sexy.
>>
>>14679386
So, shirtless uso?
>>
Please guys give me shirtless Uso.
>>
>>14679386
>He's cute and sexy.
>>
>>14679457
>>14679655
Comeon guys please help.
>>
>>14677006
It's a fucking joke about how he felt while he was working on the show m8y don't take it so seriously.
>>
>>14677405
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.