[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Criticizes giant robots for being unpractical and unrealistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 20th Century Boys .jpg (341KB, 1559x1100px) Image search: [Google]
20th Century Boys .jpg
341KB, 1559x1100px
>Has not one but two giant robots
>>
And how ineffective they are is pointed out.
>>
None of them saying it wasn't cool though.
>>
>>14671463
Kojima dedicated an entire codec conversation to shitting on the concept of metal gears.
You don't need to hate mecha to realize they're impractical as hell.
>>
>>14672047
They are not practical in view of a war fought by traditional means, in confined spaces, but means nothing. Even fight in a jungle with tank is not practical. The practicality of weapon should be contextualized depending on the type of threat and situation.
>>
>>14671463

Are they even mechs in the traditional sense though? That one on the left is clearly being driven in on top of vehicles due to having no legs and u doubt those arms do much.

I should really read 20th/21st Century Boys since I enjoyed Monster and Pluto so much.
>>
>>14672632
20th CB is very good until the reveal of the villain

It goes downhill after. The ending is absolutely terrible and the build up to the ending, in my opinion ruined everything that came before. That's just my opinion though, but it was the biggest disappointment I've had from Urasawa
>>
>>14673402

I agree. It was amazing until the time skip.

Still salty as fuck over all that Kanna dicksucking that led to nothing.
>>
>>14673434
The timeskip was good to begin with, the problem was how they ruined the development of moving through loss and finding hope in good memories

Total fucking bullshit, I actually cried over some parts and it was all for nothing. Never felt so betrayed with a story in my life
>>
File: 47973-1.jpg (105KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
47973-1.jpg
105KB, 400x229px
>>14672047
The funny part was the guy who said Metal Gears were dumb helped make REX decades later.
>>
>>14673402
>>14673434
>>14673462

Yeah there's no denying Urasawa has troubles interns of ending a sires (I think the only exceptions are Yarawa and Happy) with 20thCB being the worst offender

But to the series defense I have to defend it on two points

The last 2 or 3 chapters of 21stCB after they defeated friend are pretty good

And I noticed on my second read of the series that alot of the major reading sites had the version where chapters where rearranged, repeated, or just left out all together in the last half (I don't recall which translation team was at fault for this)
>>
I watched the live action 20th century boys with no frame of reference as to what it was. Interesting at the least.
>>
File: 1457742199345.jpg (107KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457742199345.jpg
107KB, 848x900px
>>14671463
Urasawa's fandom is absolute cancer, on par with Anno's.
>>
>>14671463
You do realize the character that made the robots was forced to do so.
>>
>>14676706

By the time he made the second robot it seemed like he was into it.
>>
It's funny he made a comic bashing robots, and then moved onto Pluto. Mind you those were mostly regular size.
>>
>>14673520
I assumed that was a commentary on the cuticle of military spending and that even if the head of DARPA knows a contract is a totally useless waste, they'll still keep working on it for as long as the checks clear.
>>
>>14674002
I'd argue Pluto's ending was relatively worse than 20th CB, but I admit this may be because of it being much more abrupt.
>>
>>14671463
This is really funny because looking at the more over-the-top dramatic scenes with Atom and Pluto from the Pluto manga, it looks like Urusawa had more fun drawing that stuff compared to the 'serious and down to earth' scenes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.