[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /m/, can you guys do me a favor? I'm not trying to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

Hey /m/, can you guys do me a favor? I'm not trying to start shit or anything but can you guys provide me with a list of arguments as to why this show is bad and what it rips off?
>>
It promotes toxic masculinity.
>>
>>14665653
Its become too meme, so everyone hopped on that meme bandwagon. Instead of discussing the show itself.
>>
Didn't do anything particularly new or special, basically an amusement park ride.

Also it promotes toxic masculinity.
>>
>>14665653
>what it rips off?
Rips off is a bit harsh since the show is more so a love letter and pays a lot of homage to mecha. Except for Getter Robo Armageddon, TTGL pretty much aped the entire script and as a whole the homages to Getter feel closer to plagiarism territory. That's my opinion at least.

Seriously though the amount of how much they pretty much steal the plot of Armageddon is kinda bizarre
>>
I promotes an unrealistic body image for 14 year old girls.
>>
File: 1239141510407.jpg (458KB, 2300x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1239141510407.jpg
458KB, 2300x1705px
>>14665945
>they pretty much steal the plot of Armageddon
No??

TTGL rips off Ken Ishikawa's Getter Robo MANGA saga. It has little to do with the OVA.
>>
>>14665959
>TTGL rips off Ken Ishikawa's Getter Robo MANGA saga. It has little to do with the OVA.
You realize that Armageddon literally is like it's blending all the manga into one concurrent story, right? And the story in TTGL most directly resembles how things happen in the OVA.

As a whole, the only thing that truly felt like ripoff territory is what it took from Getter Robo.
>>
>>14665975
>it's blending all the manga into one concurrent story
Except it's not?

Armageddon takes more from just Getter. It personifies Ishikawa's entire body of work.

>the story in TTGL most directly resembles how things happen in the OVA.
Mostly the manga.
>>
I don't think it rips off, it just homages and references.

I also don't think the show is bad, just flawed.

>>14665959
To be fair during that interview he gave a few other influences as well, but yes Getter is the main reference.
>>
>>14665980
How does it reflect the manga more than the OVA. I just read through all of Getter up to Shin this week and I see more connections in how things were presented between Armageddon and TTGL rather than the manga and TTGL.
>>
A lot was ripped off from Gaiking, especially LoDM, and also Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter.
>>
>>14666060
Because Getter Robo Armageddon makes no sense in its presentation of its themes. In fact, the ova never makes any sense, not with Imagawa, and not with Kawagoe.
>>
>>14666097
I disagree, it made perfect sense to me and it was the first thing Getter I have ever seen. Biggest issue it had was some pacing problems.
>>
>>14666097
It made sense after the hack Imagawa's episodes.
>>
File: Getter Robo Armageddon.jpg (190KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Getter Robo Armageddon.jpg
190KB, 1440x1080px
>>14666097
>>
>>14665653
>why this show is bad and what it rips off?
It isn't bad and it didn't rip off anything, you just fell for the salty spics' meme
>>
>>14666120
How /m/ are ya to get in the Salty Spictoon?
>>
>>14666134
I once pissed on a picture of Kouji's new voice actor!
>>
>>14665653
top kek, this show was everyone's favorite here and elsewhere for at least a few years, it seemed to be unbeatable for a while

guess the backlash is in effect but wow, this time it surprised me
>>
>>14666120
That would be a large generalization to make and I see Hispanic people who are into it a lot just like I see many other ethnic backgrounds that are into it. My point being, that statement is irrelevant and the show it's very good but it isn't bad. I would just consider it mediocre
>>
>>14665980
It's a shame we will never see Imagawa's full version of Armageddon
>>
>>14666176
As much as I hate Imagawa, I'm going to have to agree.
>>
>>14666153
The backlash has been around pretty much since the moment it ended. Not very much during it's run, though.

It isn't bad at all, really. It's harmless fun. About the only real complaint you can leverage against it is that it has no depth whatsoever. But then it's not really trying to.

What it definitely isn't though is the best anime ever, as some like to claim. It isn't even the best mecha anime, or even close. Backlash against the people who think it is, while simultaneously not understanding any of its inspirations is what the root of all the hate around here is all about.
>>
It's not bad, it's actually really fucking great. Several years later and I still don't get why this anime isn't held among the best mecha anime out there on /m/.

If having TTGL as my favourite mecha anime is wrong, then I never want to be right.
>>
>>14666206
How much mecha have you watched?
>>
>>14666237
I've seen Evangelion and Gunbuster (Gainax is epic) oh and Code Geass too. Basically all the unique ones that are about the characters and not just toy commercial robots fighting.
>>
>>14665959
Is this entire interview available to read anywhere?
>>
>>14666249
weak bait
>>
File: 1456168070850.jpg (22KB, 238x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456168070850.jpg
22KB, 238x480px
>>14666249
>>
>>14665653
The better thing is for you to watch Getter and Tetsujin yourself and judge it based on that.
>>
File: 1349985311653.png (685KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
1349985311653.png
685KB, 800x586px
>>14666336
>Watching Getter
>>
File: 1381960512771.png (289KB, 372x600px) Image search: [Google]
1381960512771.png
289KB, 372x600px
>>14665653
>why this show is bad

No one was even calling it bad till you showed up.

If that's what you want to hear, TTGL is bad. It's the most terrible show in existence. Satisfied?

Now go act like a persecuted victim somewhere else.
>>
>>14666249
>Gainax is spic
ftfy
>>
>>14665653
It's not bad. The fanbase is just cancer.
>>
People tend to overlook Xabungle, but the first arc of Gurren Lagann steals a lot of storybeats from it.
>>
File: Gainax fans.png (24KB, 802x263px) Image search: [Google]
Gainax fans.png
24KB, 802x263px
>>14665653
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.