[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been meaning to go on a Macross binge but have with idea where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: a-5415.png (147KB, 1356x1484px) Image search: [Google]
a-5415.png
147KB, 1356x1484px
Been meaning to go on a Macross binge but have with idea where to start and if I should watch the tv or the movie version for just about every entry...
>>
>>14664577
Production order.
/threading my own post.
It's literally the only post this thread needs.
>>
Watch both versions. Kawamori never does a straight adaptation movie, he changes the visual and/or the plot.
>>
>>14664595
so which one first, tv or movie
>>
>>14664619
Production order, nerd.
>>
>>14664577
So, now that we got the order business out of the way, I'm currently watching SDF Macross and I'm on episode 35. This show focuses on the stupid love triangle a LOT. Are all Macross shows like this? I don't know if I can handle this ridiculous drama shit again after this series.
>>
>>14664577
>>14664619
watch em all since for Kawamori

>Everything is cannon unless said so
>>
>>14664644
Love triangles are the only kind of love story Kawamori knows how to do. It's in all his shows, even non-macross ones
>>
File: MS Paint Macross Guide.jpg (415KB, 1115x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MS Paint Macross Guide.jpg
415KB, 1115x1024px
>>
File: BRAVO KAWAMORI.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO KAWAMORI.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>14664644
You better quit right the fuck now, then.
>>
>>14664672
does that also include or disclude robotech
>>
>>14664704
What the hells a "Robotech"?
Is it some kinda dildo manufacturer?
>>
>>14664688
>>14664701
I see. I'll finish Macross off but I don't think I'll be watching any other shows in the series any time soon.
>>14664704
Robotech is an American bastardization of the Macross story with some other shows mixed in for no reason. It has nothing to do with Macross so don't let it confuse you.
>>
File: basara leaf.webm (998KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
basara leaf.webm
998KB, 1440x1080px
>>14664734
Watch Macross 7 at least, that probably has the least Love Triangle shit out of any of them.
>>
>>14664734
yet it has somehow managed to spin off into its own series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wYnlKlL7kE
>>
File: 1468538323166.jpg (890KB, 1600x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1468538323166.jpg
890KB, 1600x1500px
>>
>>14664756
That's the one with the crazy guitar-playing pilot? Maybe I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>14664794
Harmony Gold is literally cancer. I mean, if you want to watch Robotech, watch Robotech, but if you want to watch Macross, that's a whole different show.
>>
Hayase just got offered her own fucking ship and she said no because of some stupid love reason. I fucking hate this show's characters.
>>
File: HG CEO posing for a picture.jpg (42KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
HG CEO posing for a picture.jpg
42KB, 620x413px
>>14664794
>The most they've done is throw out the credits and make damn sure no one would ever find out they took the show from Japs.
How much of a lowlife shit do you have to be to illegally throw down a roadblock preventing someone's franchise from ever being shown outside his home country, then making a shittier version of it, removing any trace of crediting them even for just the fucking designs if nothing else and continue hogging the license or over 30 years?
>>
>>14664577
That chart is way more complicated than it needs to be. You can also tell some weeb made it because it uses the romanized names instead of the English ones.
>>
>>14664840
Okay, she changed her mind, but I was angry for a bit.
>>14664858
This.
>>
>>14664688
Name 5 mecha shows that don't have a love triangle.
>>
>>14664895
You name 50 non-kawamori shows with love triangles first.
>>
>>14665096
I'll name 5.
Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, G Gundam, and Gundam 0083. Whew, that was tough.
>>
>Remember 16
What did he mean by this
>>
>>14665096
Not that anon, but

>Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (Banagher, Mineva, Riddhe)
>Mobile Suit Gundam (Fraw, Amuro, Sayla/Matilda)
>Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (Fa, Kamille, Four/Rosamia)
>Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam (Roux, Judau, Elle/Glemy)
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (Hathaway, Quess, Gyunei/Char/Amuro)
>Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Carozzo, Nadia, Theo)
>Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (Shakti, Üsso, Katejina)
>G Gundam (Rain, Domon, Allenby)
>Gundam X (Tiffa, Garrod, Ennil or Jamil, Sala, Roybea)
>Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 (Kou, Nina, Gato)
>Turn A Gundam (Sochie, Loran, Diana/Kihel)
>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (Kira, Lacus, Arthrun)
>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (Cagalli, Arthrun, Meyrin or Stella, Shinn, Lunamaria)
>Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A wakening of the Trailblazer (Feldt, Setsuna, Marina)
>Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (Asemu, Romary, Zeheart)
>Reconguista in G (Kerbes, Raraiya, Ringo)
>Iron-blooded Orphans (Atra, Mikazuki, Kudelia)
>Gundam Build Fighters Try (Fumina, Sekai, Gyanko)
>G-Saviour (Cynthia, Mark, Mimi)
>Zone of the Enders: 2167 Idolo (Viola, Radium, Dolores)
>Neon Genesis Evangelion (Rei, Shinji, Asuka)
>Gurren Lagann (Simon, Yoko, Kamina)
>Macross II: Lovers, Again (Ishtar, Hibiki, Silvie)
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Benemunde, Friedrich IV, Countess Grunewald)
>Gunbuster (Freud, Coach, Kazumi)
>Code Geass (Nunnally, Lelouch, Euphemia)
>Aldnoah.Zero (Slaine, Asseylum, Inaho)
>FLCL (Mamimi, Naoto, Eri)
>Eureka Seven AO (Fleur, Ao, Naru)
>Knights of Sidonia (Shizuka, Nagate, Izana)
>Valvrave (Shoko, Haruto, Saki)
>Robotech (Lisa, Rick, Lynn Minmei)

Okay, that just leaves like, eighteen more to go? I'm exhausted. Taking a break.
>>
>>14665144
Fullmetal Panic is another one, Sousuke, Chidori, and Tessa.
>>
>>14665112
Amuro, Sayla, Frau
Domon, Rain, Allenby
Kou, Nina, Gato
>>
>>14665144
Good job, but you've now proven that Kawamori is an unoriginal hack.
>>
>>14664840
> stupid love reason
But what's wrong with it? Even in real life people sometimes make "stupid" decisions because of love. It's normal.
>>
>>14665157
No one said Kawamori was being original by having love triangles in his works. The only thing proven here is you're an idiot.
>>
>>14665144
What are even requirements for "love triangle". Just 2 girls/boys and one 1 boy/girl? Half of those entries had even more "pale" relationships than in Delta and some of them plain wrong.
>>
>>14665144
VVV didn't have a love triangle
>>
>>14665176
I think that anon was joking, anon.

>>14665885
I haven't seen Delta beyond Episode 08, but I was planning to counter any "that's not a love triangle though" with the supposed Sheryl-Alto-Ranka pseudo-triangle. I've heard it said that Ranka was never really in the race, and that Alto's feelings for her were never romantic. I can't really remember if that's true, it's been a while since I watched it. But I would've said, "if Macross Frontier had a triangle, then so does X".

But I was really just having fun.

>>14666156
>VVV didn't have a love triangle
How so? Haruto liked Shoko, and then things got weird with Saki, and he had to choose between his best friend who wasn't a VVVampire and someone who was a VVVampire like him.
>>
>>14667548
It only really holds up in one episode for Valvrave, for the most part it's Haruto and Shoko unable to tell each other how they feel, with Saki being jealous and kinda a onesided clingy bitch up until -that- happens but is otherwise just a non-player in the romance game.

The show makes it painfully clear there was no contest, only ridiculous complications getting in the way of Haruto and Shoko.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.