[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this anyone else's first exposure to mecha? It used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Was this anyone else's first exposure to mecha?
It used to play all the time on Toonami and there was a HUGE wave of merchandise released.

>Playmo
>Figurines
>Action figures

I used to love it and had tons of the toys. The action figures were seriously well made.

>Those cute little zakus
>Badass Red Zaku
>Awesome Gouf
>Sissy sounding Knight Gundam

I didn't even notice how crude the CG was back then. Fuckin' loved it
>>
No but grappled gouf had a rad design that I'd love to see a non-SD version of.
>>
I had a Zako action figure that had spring loaded armor that'd pop off when you pressed on its head.
>>
>>14662891
I think I watched G/Wing before it, but I definitely remember seeing it on Toonami. Hardly remember any of it, but looking at some clips it seems awful.
>>
The CG was worst than reboot and BW in many ways, which totally turned me off of it.
>>
File: BA17050Clg.jpg (43KB, 589x360px) Image search: [Google]
BA17050Clg.jpg
43KB, 589x360px
>>14662933
I don't remember that one. This is the one I had.
>>
>>14662891
I actually didn't care for SD. I just thought it was dumb.
>>
I'd been exposed to G, Wing, and 0079 before so as a young kid, seeing those suits reimagined and repurposed as characters in the show was a blast. The other SD action figures of the other series' mobile suits were pretty cool too.
>>
>>14663086
I used to have these little SD Leo figures that were Kawaii as fuck
>>
I have tons of them still, had the Game Boy Advanced game too. It's balls to the wall hard.
>>
>>14663904
I really miss mine
>>
File: BA17120Clg.jpg (64KB, 687x360px) Image search: [Google]
BA17120Clg.jpg
64KB, 687x360px
>>14664053
Fuck, wrong picture
>>
File: CqfZVvIUkAAcPml.jpg (137KB, 676x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CqfZVvIUkAAcPml.jpg
137KB, 676x1200px
>>14664053
>>14664061
Yeah mine are all sitting in a box still. I have the Mk2 Titans Version and Skygrasper still displayed though.
>>
>>14664128
They were such rad toys. Loved how the heads and arms could be swapped and stuff.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
Definitely this fucking thing. I don't even know what it is.
>>
>>14664175
I had that one but in actual colors.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.