[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy Our Toys: The Animation So, what series made you go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

>Buy Our Toys: The Animation

So, what series made you go out and buy merchandise, /m/?
>>
>>14660604

When G-Reco was still airing I bought and built a G-self, my first gunpla.
>>
>>14660604
00 I think. Or maybe it was Destiny, can't remember which.
>>
>>14660604
Gundam Wing, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>14660604
Mobile Suit Gundam because it's cool.
HG GM needs a revive!

>tfw realizing most merch you've bought has actually been for a pal and not yourself
>>
>>14660650
Lucky pal.
>>
>>14660619
i'm sorry to hear that
g reco was shit
>>
>>14660604
I guess that one.
The only gunpla I've ever bought was a Fenice Rinascita, and I only bought that because my friend whose really not in to gundam or anime in the least wanted to build one with me.
>>
CCA, I love that izubuchi.
>>
>>14660680
Did you do the Ghost thing?
>>
>>14660657
Hey now, the MS are still pretty fucking nice.
>>
>>14660691
>Did you do the Ghost thing?
I have no clue what that means.
>>
File: the ghost thing.jpg (117KB, 736x518px) Image search: [Google]
the ghost thing.jpg
117KB, 736x518px
>>14660712
>>
>>14660657
Still better than IBO tho.
>>
>>14660722
>not the Sei-China edit
>>
>>14660604
This actually was the one that convinced me to finally take the dive into plastic crack. Built all the Meijin suits as a start.
>>
>>14660722
nope sorry to disappoint
>>
>>14660604
I don't really like any of the GBF suits.
>>
>>14660604
Build Fighters, pretty much.
Come on now, Bamco, I'm ready for that Gunpla Battle System.
>>
>>14660604
So far Exia and Dynames.
>>
>>14660604
Is this worth a watch if I find Gundam boring?
>>
>>14660724
>Implying IBO is over
>Implying that G Reco was more entertaining that IBO or even watch paint dry
nicely meme'd, grecofag
>>
>>14660730
>>14660722
I come bearing gifts!
>>
File: 1468863075775.jpg (71KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468863075775.jpg
71KB, 400x240px
>>14660787
>Unique QR code that can be placed on a special foot piece
>Skylanders/Disney Infinity style base that can scan QR codes
>Buying official paint comes with a code that can unlock recolors
>Bana Passport compatibility

pls mr bandai

>>14660802
Fucking saved
>>
Zeta and 0080
That Qubeley(+Haman)!
That Mark II Titans Gundam!
That Hy-Gogg!
>>
>>14660604
This.
The K9 episode.
>>
File: 20160705_134126(1).jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20160705_134126(1).jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
I think my collection speaks for itself on which Gundam series was most deserving of my shelf space.

(Sadly I burned out pretty hard before I could get around to building the OG Zeta and Hyaku Shiki.)
>>
>>14660794
It's a mini-series meant to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Gundam. You probably wouldn't like it if you didn't like Gundam in the first place.
>>
Unicorn.
I just really like the banshee and Kshatriya is my favorite suit
>>
>>14660794
It's a tournament anime, but a very good one. You'll miss out on a lot of gundam fan pandering, but it's still pretty good by itself.
>>
>>14660604
X because I wanted to get into gunpla, so I read the googledoc
>>
Build fighters and by extension any kits of the other gundam shows since I binge watched them all.

It's a nice hobby.

Other than that no other series. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
>>
>>14660604
Gundam X,
>>
>>14660604
To be perfectly honest...0079 back on Toonami.

There's a handful of mechs where I would describe my interest in them as a 'love at first sight' deal.
The shot of the Guncannon in the TV spots leading up to the show's airing when Kai point-blanks a Rick Dom with the shoulder cannons was one of those moments.

The bitch was going through several stores before finding one that actually had the Guncannon HGUC. Most of the time it was just the Gundam and Char's Zaku.

Also, lead to being the first MG I ever bought.
>>
>>14660794
>>14661320
My girlfriend liked it a lot and she's only watched Gundam Wing. As they said before, it's a good tournament series by itself, totally different in tone from normal Gundam.
>>
>>14660604
I can't fucking find a BD rip anywhere for this shit. There's one guy on nyaa that has like 16 episodes, and I can't find OZC's anywhere. Can anyone help me out like the bitch that I am?
>>
I've always been into /m/ stuff, so when I got an actual job was what got me started.
>>
>>14660796
IBO... watching paint dry... is there supposed to be a difference between those two options?
>>
File: Judau,_Into_Battle.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Judau,_Into_Battle.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>>14660604

>GUNPLA SURE IS FUN, ISN'T IT?
>"Sure... i guess..."
>five minutes later
>GUNPLA SURE IS FUN, ISN'T IT?
>"Again with this?"
>five minutes later
>GUNPLA SURE IS FUN, ISN'T IT?"
>"Go fuck yourself, Sekai."
>>
>>14660604
Zoids
>>
>>14660604

My first buy was an MG Heavyarms. I bought it after hearing the iconic 'BRRRRRRRRRT' in a completely unrelated video on youtube and having a nostalgia rush.
>>
>>14660604
Saw a Powered GM in an import store, bought it. Now have a couple hundred worth in gunpla. All 1/144 scale or thereabouts (because AGP never gets fucking scale right now does it).
>>
Uh, I guess Code Geass? I bought a model kit of the Lancelot thinking the assembly aspect of it was just popping the legs and arms onto the torso. Had a lot of fun actually building it. A friend told me about Gunpla. I got a few kits, but they all looked the same to me, so I started watching MSG and just kept going with the UC series. I generally buy at least one kit for every series I've watched.

Non-Gunpla-wise, Zeta's what I have the most of.
>>
Wing got me buying toys.

Actually managed to get some of the SEED figures when the only place you could find them was Rite Aid. I didn't start building the model kits until around the time STARGAZER started.
>>
I mostly buy Dynamic Pro stuff. I just wish there were more high quality options that don't contain diecast. I don't like diecast, which puts me at odds with both Bandai and other fans of these series. I don't give a shit about what other people grew up with; I just want a toy with good joints and durable paint.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.