[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think combattler V could use a good remake in this era?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Combattler_V_DVD_1_Cover.jpg (279KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
Combattler_V_DVD_1_Cover.jpg
279KB, 600x424px
Do you think combattler V could use a good remake in this era?

Ala shin Mazinger Z.kotetsushin jeeg(to an extent),gaiking.
>>
if it was in the style of that pachinko machine then hell yeah
>>
>>14660195
No.
Pure Robot stuff is outdated.
>>
>>14660767
>pure robo stuff is outdated
you don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
>>14660767
This. It needs lolis or gay bishounens to sell in the modern day.
>>
File: 1472086888064.jpg (136KB, 960x810px) Image search: [Google]
1472086888064.jpg
136KB, 960x810px
>>14660776
Use a robot picture with girls around to sell screwdrivers. This is the way nowadays.
>>
>>14660195
If they focus more on the characters and give more variety to the setups to each episode. Don't go past episode 26 either and follow the style of the pachinko game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AOtenm30uc
>>
>>14662028
>Don't go past episode 26
That would be simple enough to do, since remakes tend to be much shorter (see Kotetsushin Jeeg and Yatterman '08). Can't afford to drag that kind of show too long nowadays.
>>
>>14660195
Raideen is the only Nagahama show to have a modern reboot, and given the results, it's pretty obvious why it remains as such.
>>
>>14662223
the 90s raideen was pretty neat, despite being really gay
>>
>>14662028
Should do that when I get around to it
>>
>>14660195
>Mazinger, Gaiking, Jeeg .etc have remakes.
That's all Dynamic Productions doing.
>>
It could work if they stop after the Garuda stuff. Hell the original would have been great if it didn't suddenly turn into Hannah Barbara in the 2nd half
>>
To be honest, I don't think that a robot that throws a yo-yo can have a good remake. I know, it's not as if Rocket Punch were serious business or anything, but I draw the line there.
If you take out some of the sillier aspects of it (and with sillier I mean retarded) yes, you could; but a lot of people who love this series exactly for the silly things that made me dislike it won't be very happy about it.
>>
>>14668508
>spinning electrified spiked discs
>silly

You wouldn't be laughing if you got hit with it. It's not like Combattler does Walk the Dog with them.
>>
>>14666794
>Gaking
>Dynamic
Nope.

Gaiking LODM was Toei. Not Dynamic.

Go Nagai doesn't even own Gaiking to begin with.
>>
>>14668576
Go nagai says other wise.
>>
I'd honestly be all for it, but I don't want them mimicking the Combattler V design from the pachinko game.

Something about it was just off.

They can modernize the cast, the story, and whatever else they want to, but just keep the robot design.

I love the look of it, so I'd hate to see them try to find a way to make sense of five vehicles combining into one giant robot. It's just not right.
>>
>>14668693
>Go nagai says other wise.
Go Nagai only says that Gaiking was originally his idea.

The remake has nothing to do with Nagai or Dynamic.
>>
>>14668693
He has never claimed to own the property, you baka. His claim is that Gaiking ripped off his unused ideas/designs.
>>
>>14668716
The pachinko looks like the same as the original, though it's more detailed
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.