[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mankind Divided thread, 'cause I'm pretty sure Deus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Mankind Divided thread, 'cause I'm pretty sure Deus Ex and Cyborgs are /m/. Anyone else playing?
>>
Also, hopefully I don't get my thread moved to /vg/ and an off topic warning like when I made a Fallout 4 thread.
>>
>>14655405
currently downloading on PS4. really looking forward to playing it.
>>
>>14655405
It's quite good. I still like HR more but the gameplay is still great.

Actually interesting story too
>>
How well optimized is the PC release?

My craptop isn't cutting edge and the Crysis test is becoming an unreliable rule of thumb.
>>
>>14655887
Works best with AMD cards supposedly, has some notable optimized performance gains over NVidia.

But don't kid yourself, it's still a pretty graphics intensive game and you will need a decent rig.
>>
>>14655405
I'm not buying it until it's cheaper because Denuvo

Hopefully I have a better PC at the time so I can max it out as well, I loved Human Revolution.
>>
>>14655887
I have an NVidia, it has some kinks and issues that need working out but it's certainly playable.
>>
> I accidentally got on the wrong side of the train and spent the whole trip making naturals uncomfortable.

Good stuff.
>>
I know they justify it (however tenuously) in the actual story, but I have to ask: what sense did it make to have the augs be a metaphor for an oppressed minority?

Like, thematically, what sense does that make? I don't think there ever has there been a case where the poor and working class have been outfitted with cutting edge shit just because "its dangerous." I guess you could maybe argue that all those dead people chewed up by rampaging factories in the industrial revolution were the closest thing, but that's stretching it, especially since that just demonstrates that it's easier to build more efficient/safer machines than actually snapping upgrades onto your workers.

Were they just trying to be different, because there are a ton of stories about the rich bogarting all the fancy new technology? Did they want to avoid bringing warfare into it because let's face it, all the really coolest shit is invented for the purpose of warfare and then refined to the point that it's useful for Joe Average?

also i hate it's art design fuck all that gold and black the saints suck
>>
File: sadwonderfuls.png (663KB, 731x627px) Image search: [Google]
sadwonderfuls.png
663KB, 731x627px
>>14655921
>I'm not buying it until it's cheaper because Denuvo
>It uses Denuvo
Why.

Just fucking why.
>>
>>14656082
>muh lost sale fallacy

Fucking bean counters at Square Enix.
>>
> Beat a guy wearing a power suit unconscious with my bare (augmented) hands.

Okay, that's pretty awesome.
>>
>>14656039
But all th rich illuminati niggas have the cutting edge nanomachine stuff.
The poor people get the shitty augs that require drugs to keep you from having your bidy fall apart.
>>
>>14656039
Most of the poor and working class specifically don't have cutting edge shit. Most people with a mech arm or leg lost that shit in a car accident or something, then got a robot arm in the hospital.

>Be RECYCLE Vet
>Get blown up by an IED in Afghanistan
>Lose a leg and arm
>Dragged back to the states
>Congress says they'll get you new limbs
>Okay.jpg
>Augs don't connect to your nervous system
>Neuropozine addiction for life
>It's cool, a decent security job can pay for that
>Start glitching one week
>Get to a LIMB clinic and fix that
>Next week, you start tripping balls and come to with three dead bodies around you
>Get shipped to a FEMA camp
>Suddenly the NSF sounds pretty reasonable

>>14656473
Nanomachines aren't a thing just yet. That's the point of the original. The rich people have the cutting edge shit Jensen got packed full of and fuck you money so anti-rejection meds don't matter to them.
>>
this game is really fun, hardly have done any main quest missions so far only side quests. and most of those are really good.
>>
File: 1469509928631.jpg (163KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1469509928631.jpg
163KB, 1058x705px
>>14655405
>Beat it today
>Start up NG+
>Expect them to give me praxis points after the tutorial
>NOPE, you literally start off with all your previous upgrades right from the get go and your weapons
>>
I always felt the Adam Jensen games were aping the gold-hue style of GiTS: Innocence even though the Icarus motif explains it more adequately
>>
>>14656039
>I know they justify it (however tenuously) in the actual story, but I have to ask: what sense did it make to have the augs be a metaphor for an oppressed minority?

It didn't. The only way the "augs = RACISM" metaphor would have made a lick of sense if it was the other way around, with the poor unaugmented people being forced to live in the sewers by the cybernetic master race. That's an actual threat that's logically conceivable. The way they did it is backwards and nonsensical.
>>
>>14655887
>How well optimized is the PC release?
It's still piss fucking poor. Expect random crashes, frame drops, and graphical glitches.

Also microtranactions. The game runs like shit on PC, but you can pay real money for praxis kits and credits and that never fails.

Just make sure you save after buying. If you buy something from the cash store, then reload a save from before you made the purchase, you lose the kits/credits.
>>
>>14656039
It really doesn't. But these companies don't have the guts to make a story about a paranoid elite that's completely detatched from reality and is surpressing and exploiting the majority just because they feel that they *could* get rowdy if they don't feel the heels in their necks for a minute. That'd hit slightly too close to home for an US audience.

>>14657353
From what I gather, the current US solution is a mixture of keeping active soldiers within gated communites and actually not supporting them on their medical issues to keep their misery from leaking.

So your Augs vet would be kept within the forces, kill his family and end up being court-martialed. No NSF-recruit to be had.
>>
>>14655405
D E N U V O
>>
>>14665160
Isn't that what NG+ is supposed to do?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.