[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think /m/ might like this. https://youtu.be/zrRulzNwpe4 htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15

File: ACdarkraven.png (210KB, 709x429px) Image search: [Google]
ACdarkraven.png
210KB, 709x429px
Think /m/ might like this.

https://youtu.be/zrRulzNwpe4
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29427455

MMD cup doing what From Software won't.
>>
>>14654112
>Has a Karasawa on his first job
Aye right.

Was cool though.
>>
>>14654112
As a diehard AC fan, I loved it.
I don't agree with some of the design features in ACs like the head going up when there's clearly a hatch in the back of most ACs, and also they seem too small compared to ingame. Also, this >>14654230.

But I'm just nitpicking, wish we could have more of this.
>>
>>14654313
Seems like they were stealing ideas from Titanfall, with the pilot boarding. I don't think that's a bad thing but also don't think it sets a good president.
>>
>>14654360
>president

come on my nigga

anyway I seriously doubt a series built entirely around mech customization is going to start incorporating an on-foot FPS element
>>
>>14654360
to be honest before titanfal japs been trying that shit it didn't work great like titan fall did. if you are wondering what those games are mobile suit gundam operation troy comes to mind
>>
File: Pilot_Core_LR.jpg (681KB, 782x679px) Image search: [Google]
Pilot_Core_LR.jpg
681KB, 782x679px
>>14654313
>they seem too small compared to ingame
If anything they're too big, V AC's are comparatively tiny.
>>
>>14654112
That's some cool shit, but I'm a little disappointed since I thought it was a new AC game at first.
>>
>>14654112
So is it the rumored AC anime people were praying for?

Or a new AC game?

Either answer is good.
>>
>>14654500
>I seriously doubt a series built entirely around mech customization is going to start incorporating an on-foot FPS element
Front Mission Evolve.
>>
>>14654112
As a AC fag, there is a couple of things that trigger me on this.

>Karasawa on his first job
No even using a black market could get you something like that so early

>Laser shots
On ACVD, they just explode on contact, dont push the enemy for some meters and then explote, also they those look more like a line than a big blue ball of death.

>ending
That better be just a tribute to the older games, I hate when they cross stuff from different universe for no reason

Aside from that I actually enjoy it, I hope we get more since FROM will never do a AC anime or something like that.

>>14659497
wait for TGS.
>>
What era do you guys consider would be better for a animation? also do you prefer a adaptation of one of the game stories? original? or maybe a pararell story to one of the main games?
>>
>>14662712
>>Karasawa on his first job
I was the first guy to poke fun at that, but now that I think about it you actually could buy the Karasawa (and all the other AC2 hidden parts) at the start of Another Age. I think you needed cash from an AC2 file though,

In the vein of Armored Core fanvids, I saw this one a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORzUZbTec8U
>>
>>14663273
But we are talking about V era, you usually have to grind or kill someone to get the weapon.
>>
>>14659402
Going by the plamos, ACs through 1 to 4th gen are around 10-12m tall, whereas the 5th gen plamos are around 7-8m. In this video they look around what, 4-5m tall?
It's pointless anyway since AC size doesn't stay consistent at all within the game. The pilot models are bigger than any door in the buildings around the map, and tanks models are absolutely tiny.
>>
>>14661732
Neither.

It's a fanvideo made for a competition using the MikuMikuDance software.
>>
>>14665275
There was a pic that show that ACFA NEXTs are around 10-12m tall and V era are around 5m tall
>>
>>14665387
>made for a competition

How popular is AC with the nips? I usually see fanvideos AC themed showing around for this competitions, or some with crossover with kantai.
>>
i found another mmd thing, not ac though

can't post it in any other thread

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28374472

>>14654112

see the guy with the kumo? thats me lol
>>
>>14665729
Fan following isn't massive, but there's a fair number given the series has lasted this long. Also the majority of those fans are diehard ones. There's also a kind of fan culture around Niconico where people keep spouting lines from various bits of the series. You should have seen the hype for ACV back in the day. Can be fairly autistic, but not toxic. Most of the time anyway.

Then for some reason there was an explosion of AC related MMD material in the past few years, and some fairly high quality videos. Fitting for the series I guess, given almost everything since ACMoA had a ridiculously well-made opening cinematic.
>>
>>14668969
>where people keep spouting lines from various bits of the series

Suddlenly only chief comes to mind.
>>
File: 1436223469206.gif (944KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1436223469206.gif
944KB, 264x320px
>>14668969
>had a ridiculously well-made opening cinematic.

This is surprising since before DS, they werent a big company, wonder were they got the money for it.

>tfw Verdict Day didnt have a a glorious intro despise evidence there was going to be one.

WHY FROM?!
>>
>>14669304
From has been one of the few companies in Japan that does CG well since the early days.
>>
File: 1416024081743.jpg (183KB, 540x647px) Image search: [Google]
1416024081743.jpg
183KB, 540x647px
>>14669270
Really? No Wynne?
>>
>>14669408
I wish they make a CG movie/OVA of Armored Core.

>>14670176
She doesnt have anything that is really memorable.
>>
AC MMD?

Cool.
>>
I remember, have you guys noticed that in all official spin off of AC, a manga, a short LN and the axed OVA, all MCs are girls.
>>
>>14670176
>>14671063

>"These cowardly ideals, they will cause the downfall of humanity!"
>"Humanity? I don't see humanity anywhere, Otsdarva."

>"To treasure a life, is that something to laugh at? Everything is twisted. You...this world...all of it..."

>"You're dead. But it brings no comfort to the millions of innocent lives you've already snatched away.
>>
>>14654112
>tfw we'll never get an animated Armored Core movie animated by Square Enix and written by someone who's not from Square Enix.
>>
>>14654112
>Pacific Rim music at the credits
OH YEAH
>>
>>14671220
Why Square Enix? FROM can do great CG on their own.
>>
>>14671199
Nothing special, Ravi-Ravi has better lines, or even Serena Haze.
>>
>>14672059
And with the success of the Souls series, they COULD afford to make a full length Armoured Core movie.
>>
>>14672082
Then why not them? Or Otsdarva or Old King or Leos Klien or Berlioz or Zinaida or Roy Saaland or anybody else?

Because they all stuck out to me as more memorable than Chief, probably because ACV was such an underwhelming experience for me.
>>
>>14662758
AC3'd make for an interesting story. 3 and SL follow the same guy, Nexus is a completely new dude who dies at the end, and Last Raven follows the first protag, now a grumpy old man upset at all these whippersnappers fooling around on his lawn.
>>
>>14672884
I want a V anime, but focused on the rise and expansion of the early Venide. Probably ending with Cesar deciding to cross the sea looking for something, just before starting the forgotten days side story.
>>
>>14672884
Eh, Nexus had a Bolivian army ending, and you could infer from the data transfer that they survived. Where it gets screwy is the PS1 games.
>>
>>14672581
>Old King

HE DID NOTHING WRONG, prove me wrong.

Pro tip: You cant.
>>
>>14662712
A couple days late but 4, FA, V, and VD are all in the same universe.
>>
>4A/VD are also sequels
Fug. Where should I start? 4A seems fun, but I usually prefer slower-paced stuff.
>>
>>14674862
>4A/VD are also sequels
Only in a sense of some easter eggs linking them together, don't worry. AC continuity is pretty loose in general, it's more held together by broad strokes of themes than actual events.

That said,
>4A seems fun, but I usually prefer slower-paced stuff.
I love 4A to bits, but if you prefer a slower pace then it is definitely not the game for you.

2 or 3 are both good starting points to enter into the series, I think. I'm inclined to say of those 3 is better, but that might just be personal bias (3 was my first AC game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QODz3E-bRP8
>>
>>14662758
>>14672090
>>14672884
The problem with this is tone. Any spin off work I've seen (Tower Blade City, Brave New World) doesn't really seem to capture the tone of Armored Core well. They try and write it like a mech series. But it's not, is it? It's got more in common with a typical cyberpunk story. It's main themes include soulless greedy mega corporations that own everything and everyone and war with each other for more, a starring role for ruthless mercenaries willing to do any job for anyone for the right price, machine control and whether that would be any worse than the human alternative and a generally cynical outlook on humans and humanity. Armored Core is really fucking bleak and depressing and it has more in common thematically with the likes of Shadowrun than it does with whatever popular mecha property the writing would probably borrow from.
>>
>>14675145
The best AC to animate would be 4 era, since in terms of action, is the closest to your general mecha anime, while the plot, specially FA, focus more on how the player or MC face this bleack and depressing world, he is giving a question (what are you fighting for?) and the 3 endings are a answer to that, either be to protect the status quo, for a future despise the cost, or just kill everthing.

The plot could center on how he decide to stop being just a single merc and actually try to do something, but all the choices are nasty in someway or another, and his/her only friend is the operator.
>>
>>14674999
Also build viability and variety comes to mind. Is 4/4A too reliant on FAST? And wow, gen 3 has a lot of stuff.
>>
>>14676502
> build viability and variety
>Is 4/4A too reliant on FAST?
Most people would have it said that it is, but I actually played 4A with an overweigh heavy biped and just drifted about obliterating everything. Thing was, even a unit like that could dodge fairly well with quickboost, and I feel like you could beat that game with almost any design you please. You don't have to be going hell for leather, but the gameplay is still faster paced than the other entries.

> gen 3 has a lot of stuff.
It's more like two separate generations really, Nexus shook things up to a very considerable degree with both control and gameplay mechanic changes.
>>
>>14662758
They could just animate that novelization of Master of Arena, I guess.
>>
>>14674999
>Easter Eggs
>not one but two bosses from 4A return as bossss in V/D
An Easter egg would be looking around some of the maps and picking out wreckage of the Cradles from 4A, or that one crazy guy finding and using an emblem from a Lynx.
>>
>>14676713
>that one crazy guy finding and using an emblem from a Lynx.
Wasn't that emblem from an ACV pilot?

Regardless, I stand by the easter egg statement. There's no direct story continuation, it's just a neat 'Oh hey, I recognise that. Cool.' factor for stuff like NWG-IX or motherwill. Same for games in the same generation. You don't *need* to play 4 to understand 4A, but it does recontextualise some elements, like helping you realise exactly why the League fear White Glint so badly.
>>
>>14676549
Saw some VD gameplay. To me, the mechs seem to control tighter compared to 4 (speed difference aside) while still having a nice boost. I think that really fits the smaller, pudgy mechs in it. Definitely interested but the deal breaker here though is that my PS3 has trouble connecting and I hear it's very online-oriented.

I can snag the old games anytime since they're dirt cheap here. Actually got a bunch one time but traded them the very next day due to shenanigans.
>>
>>14677590
>the mechs seem to control tighter compared to 4
4A had pretty tight controls, but 4 felt to me like I handled weirdly stiff for some reason.

I enjoyed Verdict Day and played a bunch of it without ever touching the online content. Don't get me wrong, it was clearly still designed for it, but for me the bar for that game had been set real low by V, so it didn't need to do much to pleasantly surprise me. It had a coherent story, decent variety secondary missions, colourful arena opponents and decent scope for customization. Plus the UNAC system, which is really cool and like a whole game unto itself. I say go for it.
>>
>>14677637
Thank you, /m/an.

>bar set real low by V
What exactly happened with V?
>>
>>14677590
VD should be dirt cheap too, look around
>>
>>14677732
My pleasure.

>What exactly happened with V?
A lot of things, all at once, adding up to a lacklustre experience. The story was at once both simplistic and yet poorly presented, the main missions were often very long and tedious, the side missions were almost all either bland arena opponents with no real character or just being dropped into the same few maps and killing different combinations of the same three enemy types over and over for 80 missions. None of the characters stood out (unusual for AC, which can usually make them memorable with just a few lines of dialogue or description), save for the villain, who steals what little show there is to take. Gameplay wise, you're kind of boxed into certain builds befitting multiplayer archetypes (want good sniping parts? You will have high chemical defence and nothing else). There were tons of weapon types that were mostly unusable because they were essentially tank only, with only a handful standard weapon types if you wanted to play anything else, which also caused issues with the rock paper scissors defence type balance thing as a result. It all felt very confining and I barely touched the build system outside of my main AC.

VD made energy more plentiful, increased selection of weapon types, added modified versions of various parts that adjusted their stats in atypical directions, increased side mission variety, decreased main mission length, had a more engaging story thanks largely to a more colourful supporting cast, added little blurbs for defeated arena enemies that helped flesh them out a lot and tweaked defence to work better. Plus, as an anti frustration feature you could bring a UNAC for any mission that gave you trouble.
>>
>>14676713
>that one crazy guy finding and using an emblem from a Lynx.
>Lynx

Not really, the emblem is from one of the first pilot you find on V, specially the one using a all-junk AC.

>>14676759
I feel that AC, and mainly most of FROM's games (look at Dark souls for the most modern example) focus more on world building and lore than a story, and the fact that VD links V era with 4 era, is a big change to everthing more than just a easter egg.
>>
>>14677637
>UNAC system
that shit should be implement on other games, probably the complaints about trolls, flamers and jerks infesting the games will drop a little.
>>
>>14677787
>(unusual for AC, which can usually make them memorable with just a few lines of dialogue or description)

A fucking art, I dont know who write the Bios or the lines, but they manage to convey so much emotion, personality and even the real intentions for each character that is amazing how much you can build around all that.

Just take this bastard, Oldking was a terrorist with a thing for genocide, but his dying lines making him sound like a bro that really was happy to meet someone that share his ideals and really cherished the short but enjoyable frienship with Strayed.
>>
File: Raven McDuck.png (349KB, 607x354px) Image search: [Google]
Raven McDuck.png
349KB, 607x354px
>>14679152
Even the irrelevant bit pilots end up with a remarkable ratio of text to character. Pic related is a personal favourite of mine.
>>
File: sadbingham.jpg (24KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
sadbingham.jpg
24KB, 460x276px
>>14677787
>added little blurbs for defeated arena enemies that helped flesh them out a lot

This was a really nice little feature.
>that one guy who says he doesn't wanna die before the battle and that he'll just have to do his best
>>
>>14681654
>The guy who goes lone wolf not because he's a jackass, but because he doesn't feel like he's strong enough to support one.
>The family. All of them.

It really adds something that you only hear all about the fascinating lives of these people *after* you've violently ended them. It never loses its impact to get to the end of a bio and read "Killed in action at X location".

I also quite liked the description for Sammy Germain for some reason:

>Origin: Zilma Borough. Male, age 49.
>Said to have participated in more battles than any other mercenary in history. Together with his partner, he publicly swore to continue fighting until death. Though known for his charm and good nature when not in combat, some felt the jaw dropping number of men and women he killed made his guiltless smile a thing of true terror.
>>
So is Armored Core dead?
>>
>>14681865
Not as long as it lives in the hearts of those who love it.

Yes.
>>
File: 600px-Applebarrett2.jpg (77KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Applebarrett2.jpg
77KB, 600x335px
>>14669304
>Verdict Day didnt have a a glorious intro

If I'm not mistaken, during that period of time a couple of large animation studios stole half of From's CGI crew resulting in the obliteration of the CGI division.
After that From outsourced most of their intros.
>>
>>14654112
>spoiler

Fuck you, making me think 6 was coming.
>>
>>14654500
The other guy mentioned it already but Front Mission Evolved.
>>
>>14681643
The ultimate jew

>>14681676
>The family. All of them.

God damn it, that was a huge punch on VD, the father and son are appear early and even if you read the bio, is just like "just another pair of merc at the end" Then the wife/mother show ups later looking for revenge, I felt bad for that.

> Sammy Germain
I remember that one, the bio is really scary.

>>14682119
Didnt FROM open a CG studio last year?
>>
>>14681654
What about a low ranking girl with a shit AC that fights trying to get money for her poor family.
>>
>>14682244
>Didnt FROM open a CG studio last year?
That's what I heard, yeah
>>
>>14682266
Then what was that about obliterating their CGI division?
>>
>>14682286
Hell if I know. I'm not >>14682119
I'm just confirming that I heard the same thing you did
>>
File: 47824961_p0_master1200.jpg (279KB, 570x600px) Image search: [Google]
47824961_p0_master1200.jpg
279KB, 570x600px
>>14670176

Posting superior Wynne
>>
>>14682292
lets hope that FROM or Sony show ups at TGS with a CG animation when annoucing AC6, if ever happens.
>>
File: 20080825.jpg (177KB, 686x887px) Image search: [Google]
20080825.jpg
177KB, 686x887px
>>14682306
I ship Wynne/Roy
>>
File: Dario Empio.jpg (366KB, 1200x712px) Image search: [Google]
Dario Empio.jpg
366KB, 1200x712px
>>14683338
I ship her with Dario.
>>
>>14682286
The Fukuoka studio is the new CGI branch composed of entirely new talents. Most of the old CGI guys that did all previous AC intros are no longer with From.

We'll have to wait and see if the new studio can properly delivers slick mecha in CGI.
>>
File: ACFA_canis.jpg (861KB, 1500x846px) Image search: [Google]
ACFA_canis.jpg
861KB, 1500x846px
>>14683726
Man, the Lancel is such a good machine. Why is it that everybody that pilots one is such a complete tool?
>>
File: 1435786925240.jpg (357KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1435786925240.jpg
357KB, 1024x768px
>>14684093
God that's horrible. I really hope TGS will gives some hope.

>>14684103
Rosenthal doesnt get much love.
>>
>>14684093
Speaking of the old talents leaving FROM, what state is the AC team in? Last I heard the long time series director left along with numerous other staff on the AC team.
>>
>>14654230
Not necessarily he could be being carried by a sponsor it would also help explain why he's mentioning being overconfident.
>>
>>14685644
Didnt Miyazaki work on LR, and directed FA, that so far are considered the best games of the serie? We still have hope for a quality AC.
>>
>>14681643
>His AC is named Ingot.
>>
>>14685778
>being carried by a sponsor
If we take the story to take place on VD time (the same in-game universe no just using the same ACs on a original world) I doubt that the MC is part of any of the 3 factions, or the foundation, he seems to talk and act as if he is a independant pilot from the start, so getting something like a Karasawa that way is hard to belive, specially since if it was able to destroy a AC in one shot is highly possible to be a Karasawa instead of the "mini" version.
>>
>>14685824
He did work on LR and directed both 4 and FA, so while I don't expect him to personally direct any more AC games, he will surely supervise it at least.
Wonder if they could make a good-looking AC game for once, now that they're a sizeable studio. A lot of friends I've shown AC to get thrown off by the terrible graphics of the maps and enemies, while the AC themselves look great.
>>
>>14687039
Yeah, a visual upgrade would be good to the serie would be good.
>>
>>14654112
Armored Core is so bad now. Take me back to when Silent Line came out and it was the best expansion ever. Then Nexus came and shat on my childhood. Now there's no beauty or classic arcade feel to Armored Core. It's a painstaking process of trial and error to just finish a mission and all your arena opponents have op-intensify and you can't. Stupid game.
>>
>>14687315
Anon, are you confusing LR as the last game on the serie?
>>
>>14654112
Any good builds to beat the last guy in ACVD?
I'll post pic if anyone want to know my current build.
>>
>>14687733
Tank with dual autocannons.
>>
>>14687733
Melee lightweight.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.