[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New trailer for Gundam: The Origin IV Eve of Destiny https

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

File: 00.png (443KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
443KB, 850x480px
New trailer for Gundam: The Origin IV Eve of Destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cyjf0U9mU

>inb4 zeonwank
>>
The wankiest zeonwank
>>
>>14648022
>hover over embed
>Zaku doing a cool action pose, blowing something up

ZEON
WANK

The whole of Origin is such bullshit, fucking shits all over Char's character. Why does he need to be a big action hero who did this, schemed that, instead of just someone who met Garma at the academy, became friends, and kept a rather low profile role until Loum, where he showed his piloting skills.

This is literally like fucking Smallville. Instead of keeping Superman's backstory and youth rather uneventful, they rape it to hell and back.
>>
>>14648068

Wasn't Superman a kid hero as Superboy and as a member of the Legion for a good chunk of his history?
>>
>>14648094
shh, let them dream
>>
>>14648022
>Moar Char
>And, finally, some more Lalah
I can't wait, I can't wait.
>>
I hate prequels.
>>
>>14648022
RIP guncannons.
>>
>>14648068
You shouldn't be treating this as anything more than wank. And as far as wank goes, this is very enjoyable.

What a time to be alive.
>>
File: 20160815_09.png (561KB, 800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_09.png
561KB, 800x1203px
i like how Zaku I has a more important role in origin instead of just being the "old type" zaku that one nutbag tried to ram amuro with
>>
>>14648127
technically origin isnt a prequel because it takes place in a different continuity from the original UC timeline
>>
File: 1469325651165.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469325651165.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
So this is the new canon.

I'm damn sure this is building up to an outright remake of 0079 where Zeon wins.
>>
I don't understand why everyone's so upset. This is during a time in which the Gundam doesn't exist. It's okay to portray Zakus as badass if their natural predator hasn't been born yet.

Showing Zeeks acting patriotic and sieg zeon-ing isn't wank either, they always did that, it doesn't mean they're going to win or deserved to win.

It's like watching the Orcs take Osgilliath and being all
>The Age of Men is over. The time of the Orc has come.
and saying
>Ugh, Return of the King is such Mordor-wank.
>>
File: Spirit of Zeon.jpg (129KB, 1361x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit of Zeon.jpg
129KB, 1361x1008px
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Zeon wank.
>>
File: 1268369140761.jpg (101KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1268369140761.jpg
101KB, 800x533px
Man, the one thing you certainly can't fault this series for is its sound design. I love the report of those Zaku MG's.
>>
>>14648288
Fuck you

it's only natural that an artillery mobile suit should be able to mow down highly agile mobile suits
>>
>>14648022

why is there a TIE bomber at 1:15
>>
I just want really cool mobile suits fighting other cool mobile suits in really cool action scenes.
>>
>>14648408
Same here, it just so happens that suits with one eye are cooler.
>>
File: Jegan cannon.jpg (1MB, 1811x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Jegan cannon.jpg
1MB, 1811x1339px
>>14648451
fuck yeah
>>
>>14648022
So how is the anime handling the proto-Guncannons?
I know the first OVA switched the Guntank to an RX-65 so as to not muck with continuity (much) but now we've got Guncannons all over Loum. Are they some hasty copy of early Zeon MS or are they old-and-busted like in the manga?

Because the whole thing of Ral working for Dozle and developing the prototypes plays out like they're onto something entirely new and having the EF already have obsolete Guncannons really detracts from that and shits on thirty years of established canon for no real reason.
>>
>>14648557
Those early Guncannons were developed by Tem Ray. This isn't Loum, though. They're having a skirmish with Zakus over professor Minovsky's defection to the EF.
>>
>>14648141
>Still parroting this bullshit.

You DO know Sunrise will, from here on out, be treating Origin as part of Correct History from now on, right?

Manga be damned, they're not breaking the bank making a high budget OVA about their most beloved character in their history only to shove it off to some alternate history of UC.

>but muh Early Guncannons in 0078
RX Project history goes back as far as 0078 and the whole mission was covered up anyway.
>>
>>14648335
Should sound more like an Abrams firing on full auto, but they cant do that for obvious reasons.
>>
>>14648570
I'd say something about ANT but we have black_knight for that
>>
>>14648575
Why not?
>>
File: 2jeYbEU.jpg (330KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
2jeYbEU.jpg
330KB, 1000x714px
>>14648575

True. But what they do have is still pretty awesome.

>>14648582
Because there's no sound in space, duh.
>>
>>14648589
but they already don't give a shit
>>
>>14648566
>>14648570
Okay, so these are 0078 prototypes developed after MS-01, then? That's not so bad.
>>
>>14648570
Don't forget that Kimitoshi Yamane did specify that the Mr. Imanishi wanted to take into account how various things were portrayed in comparison to the manga, specifically that the Guntanks seen in the OVA would have to be redesigned into being earlier models instead to maintain synergy with the rest of the universe.
>>
>>14648598
Yes.

And the RX project did start in March of 0078, so...

>>14648578
Nobody takes BK seriously.
>>
>>14648234
I for one welcome our new Zeon overlords
>>
>>14648603
>And the RX project did start in March of 0078, so...
So new canon is that the three V-Project suits are one entirely new design (the Gundam) and upgrades of a recent (Guncannon) and old (Guntank) design which incorporate the Core Block System.
So the original Gundam Team are still shiny new prototypes, Zeon still had MS before the Federation, and the rest of canon remains intact.

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than the EF wasting a fully functional, fully armed FA-078 on a shoal zone instead of an actually important target.
>>
>>14648288
Underrated post.
>>
>>14648068
The only outrageously stupid thing related to Char in The Origin so far is the Assassin Knight. Yoshiyuki gave it a neat callback in the comic but it's still retarded

>>14648288
Also this
>>
File: 1401493389210.jpg (101KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1401493389210.jpg
101KB, 400x399px
>>14648288
Why don't we ever see this sort of revisionism for the Titans, Cosmo Babylon, or the Zanscare Empire? Why is it Zeon that is always shown to be more and more noble with each new installment but never any of the other antagonists?
>>
>>14648799
because zeon kits sells better

>Cosmo Babylon, or the Zanscare Empire
Because fucking Japan can't enjoy good things
>>
>>14648799
None of them dropped a colony successfully.
>>
>>14648817
But bugs

But Angel Halo
>>
>>14648819
FUCK OFF CUNT, 'STRAYA BLEEDS.
>>
>>14648570
>You DO know Sunrise will, from here on out, be treating Origin as part of Correct History from now on, right?
>People seriously believe Origin creates a new canon that either overwrites or merges the previous TV and Movie timelines.
It's a separate timeline since and when Bandai greenlights an Origin TV series, that is going to also follow the manga. Although I'd love to see the mental knots you'd twist yourself into to justify that both the Movie and Origin Timeline can coexist.

>>14648814
>Because Japan can't enjoy shit factions
Fixed
>>
>>14648570
>You DO know Sunrise will, from here on out, be treating Origin as part of Correct History from now on, right?

The correct history includes multiple conflicting materials and is reasoned away as "different accounts of history", which is why the movies aren't supposed to take precedence over the TV show. Origin doesn't fit in with either the TV show or the movies because the Gundam was the first record of the federation fielding their own MS to fight Zeon and Char pretty much says as much, but in Origin he's there when they fight guncannons.
>>
>>14648288
>This is during a time in which the Gundam doesn't exist. It's okay to portray Zakus as badass if their natural predator hasn't been born yet.
It's like people forgot that Zeon steamrolled the first half of the war until they got stretched thin and the Federation drew out the war.

The Guncannon is made into a shitty half-assed Zaku competitor in The Origin that gets its shit kicked in, but by the time we get to Amuro we get shit like Kai clotheslining Zakus, Hayato using judo on a Zaku 1 in his Guntank, and GMs karate chopping tanks and mowing down Zakus in droves at Jaburo.
>>
>>14648940
I mean, you can say this is zeonwank, but Zeon is absolutely demolished at Jaburo, collectively shitting their pants at the sight of the GMs.
>>
>>14648799
>Why don't we ever see this sort of revisionism for the Titans, Cosmo Babylon, or the Zanscare Empire? Why is it Zeon that is always shown to be more and more noble with each new installment but never any of the other antagonists?

Because 0079 is actually well written, and almost none of the Zeons in the original series were mustache twirling villains. Yoshiyuki especially goes to great lengths to divide the political/philosophical realities of the war with the actions of the people who take part in it. If anything, they became even more nefarious after Zeta/ZZ/0083.
>>
Can we finally get our HG Origin 78-2 and be done with it now?
>>
>>14648950
Which doesn't make sense, since they already saw the Freds had Guncannons?
>>
>>14648369
1:15... yup that resembles a TIE bomber pretty well. What is the name of this spaceship fighter? Judging by Char shooting it down, it must be Earth Federation at least. Does any anon know when The Origin IV releases officially? Besides sometime 2017. I can't find more recent information atm. It looks too stunning not to watch as a UC 0079 Mobile Suit Gundam fan.
>>
>>14649367
19th of november
>>
>>14648022
>that arms back ninja run
>>
>>14648618
The OVA cut it, but the true purpose of clearing that shoal zone was so that the main fleet could move through the area as a sort of back door orbital pathway and sneak up on A baoa qu. The base in the zone would have spotted them and sent warning.
>>
>>14648950
That was such a great scene.
>Zaku II charging into the base once the doors are opened.
>Enter a big cavern.
>GMs lined up on the ridge around them.
>Fuck.

>>14649197
The gundam and whitebase have been becoming famous, especially after killing Garma. Imagine being a zeon pilot and hearing stories of the earth federation's unstopable white devil, then running into a bunch of MS that are clearly based on it.

I'd be shitting my pants too.
>>
>>14649197
It was more like

>"oh fuck it looks like that invincible white devil i've been hearing about"
>"oh fuck it's blowing the guncannon's performance out of the water"
>"oh fuck everybody around me is dying but at least we're making progress into jaburo"
>"oh fuck they let us in on purpose and now they're raining beams down upon us how did it all go wrong"
>>
Does anyone else think it's weird to bury your cat so close to your mom's tombstone?
>>
>>14649432
Its an empty grave anyways.
>>
>>14649432
It was a really nice cat. Just like how McQuave wanted to be buried with his vase.
>>
>>14649375
Thanks. 19th of November.. 2017 is the date it releases.. in theatres?
>>
>>14649533
If you look at the trailer, it says 2016.
>>
>>14649536
I have not looked at the trailer entirely to minimize spoilers. My mistake then. Can hardly wait for all 4 parts of this OVA to be online to watch in one session.
>>
>>14649432
I wonder would Sayla pay for making a Char's cenotaph after CCA.
>>
>>14648022
Was that a tie bomber at 1:14?
>>
>>14648873
>>Because Japan can't enjoy shit factions
But we've already established they like Zeon :^)
>>
>>14650066
>>14649367
seriously what is that thing...
>>
>>14648068
Well there's no Gundam yet and Guncannons suck, what else would they put on the thumbnail?
>>
This better have an extra detailed colony drop and everyone inside dying.
>>
>>14648557
Guncannons are named "Early Type" like the Guntank.

Sunrise has been making tweaks here and there for the animated version of Origin. They even wrote out a character in Episode 3 and had his role replaced by another character to give Char his goggles.
>>
File: tumblr_o94zxhMoKV1qc3nl6o1_540.gif (338KB, 540x344px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o94zxhMoKV1qc3nl6o1_540.gif
338KB, 540x344px
>Though Lalah was born in India, and she has a large family in Mumbai, she chooses to go to space with Char.
IT'S A SPACE MAGIC, I WON'T EXPLAIN SHIT
Seriously, I thought that she was born on one of the space colonies. And suddenly - Boom!- She's an earthnoid. Doesn't that contradict the very idea of newtypes being developed in space?
>>
>>14653711
Amuro was born on earth
>>
>>14653717
Yes, but he went to space with his dad at the pretty small age and Tem Ray himself spent a lot of time in space. This can be acceptable.
>>
>>14648234

they already won in the hearts of UCfags. It's over, this is the new era of garbage.
>>
>>14653373
I've seen it said that there weren't humans inside the colony when it was used in Operation British.

Perhaps that's just more fodder for the claims of Zeon wank. Well, I won't argue against the existence of Zeon wank in general, but I still stand by the argument that showing Zeon winning, during the time in which they've always won since First Gundam, isn't Zeon wank.
>>
>>14648799
>the Titans
Because "I am a kind hearted well intentioned errad boy in this evil organization who is oblivious to the crimes committed by it as an oppressor" doesn't sound like hot cake that anyone would shove it down the throat compared to " We idealistic and good soldiers fighting for our freedom under a fascistic regime that dropped colony which I don't condone but gotta answer when duty calls as I in my outdated and/or ridiculous Zeek MS kills Feddie Jim in an awesome manner". Also note that for many that fascistic regime appeals them unironically.
> Cosmo Babylon, or the Zanscare Empire
They are part of late UC. Blame their misfortune on their birth. Plus too much to appeal to /r9k//pol/ and tumblr.
>>
File: 1460044273479.jpg (50KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1460044273479.jpg
50KB, 700x525px
>>14648022
So it finally ends. Good.
I am very disappointed with this OVA. I had expected some really good back story of Char but all I got was a aloof Char for half the series, making Sayla only character who got some development. I expected more things related to politics around Zeon Zum Deikum will be shown. All I got was some madman who died suddenly with no foreshadowing on Zabis. Yaz's designs dosen't look so good on screen, specially during those "funny" faces characters make, thinking as if this is slapstick comedy.

Reason I think OVA feels like giving a vibe of a Zeonwank or getting accused of it due the portrayal of Federation Army. They resemble the incompetent mustache turning mooks of an evil dictator act like occupying force of a colonial army committing atrocities on protesters demanding freedom. With OVA 3, their role as evil army to be taken down by our "Heroes" has become more visible. As if they are some sort of "Proto-titans" to our "Proto-AEUG".

I was really excited for Battle of Loum in it's full glory but all I am going to get is space cotton candy.
As a UCfag, it hurts.
Anyway, this OVA has served it purpose- reaping harvest on the fields of UCfags.
>>
>>14653783
Actually the manga clearly shows Iffish getting gassed (complete with scenes of sympathetic civilians slowly asphyxiating to death) . It also showed Zeon blowing up the rest of Side 2. Unfortunately, the OVA has already changed things from the manga to deliberately make the Federation look bad, like having them be responsible for the colony accident when in the manga it was caused by a random asteroid, or gunning down protestors in Episode 3 when in the manga it was merely rumours that the Federation would start cracking down that prompted Garma and Char to start their little rebellion.

Given that, I wouldn't be surprised to see the OVA go down the 'Zeon did nothing wrong' route again and omit the colony gassing (and accompanying destruction of Side 2) entirely. Either that or show that every single person in Iffish was a cackling asshole so Zeon gassing them was entirely justified.
>>
Zeon wank is just the worst, why do all UC OVA portray Zeon as Noble guys? They've killed 2/3 of fuckin humanity, gassed millions of their fellow spacenoids and dropped colonies on innocent people, because muh Zeon/ muh independence . How does anyone agree with them/ think they are good guys? We need some OVAs about Feddie good guys or at least a ecoas/londo Bell OVA
>>
File: EMS-10F.jpg (317KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
EMS-10F.jpg
317KB, 800x1206px
>>14653970
>like having them be responsible for the colony accident
It wasn't so much their responsibility as it was the Zeon public sector's traffic laws conflicting with priority military matters. Neither party is really responsible, but the incident is an easily exploitable incident for the Zabis.

>Given that, I wouldn't be surprised to see the OVA go down the 'Zeon did nothing wrong' route again and omit the colony gassing.

Unlikely. The gassing of Iffish is not only an important part of the manga, but UC lore in general. It's unlikely that they'll omit something that important (for one, japanese fans would be PISSED.)

That said, you're not going to see it in OVA 4, since the colony gassing doesn't happen in the volume it adapts. It comes up later.

You'll probably see it in the Loum arc, which was greenlit recently, if I recall.
>>
>>14653975
there were too many people anyway

zeon saved the human race by depopulating it
>>
>>14654165
Go away, Black_Nazi
>>
>>14654155
>Unlikely. The gassing of Iffish is not only an important part of the manga, but UC lore in general. It's unlikely that they'll omit something that important (for one, japanese fans would be PISSED.)

So it'll be Option B then, and make the people of Iffish look like assholes so we won't feel bad when Zeon gasses them. Or they'll focus on the Zeon guys doing the gassing and make them look to be tragic victims rather than the innocent civilians being gassed to death. Either way don't look for Zeon being portrayed as anything other than noble, misunderstood heroes and the Feddies as anything other than assholes.
>>
File: 276416.jpg (110KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
276416.jpg
110KB, 640x480px
>>14654432
>Or they'll focus on the Zeon guys doing the gassing and make them look to be tragic victims rather than the innocent civilians being gassed to death.
Well, it is literally canon that the ones involved are kind of tragic in that they were basically tricked into doing it, and their superiors got to label them as war criminals while washing their hands of the deed, but no, I sincerely doubt they're going to dial down the horrific nature of the act. If anything, Origin's been making everyone, Char included, even MORE dastardly than the manga portrayed them as. The only one that's even remotely sympathetic is Ramba Ral, but he's always been vexed by the Zabi's bullshit and disapproved of their tactics.

Stop letting /m/ memes make you stupid.
>>
I just hope they cannonize 08th MS Team by having pic related do the gassing.
>>
>>14654494
Gihren's Greed, god bless that game, actually portrayed it that Cima was the one in that very Zaku. Her and Shiro show up in the same cutscene.

Wish I could find it again...
>>
The only good thing that came out of these OVAs was the gunpla.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>14654506
Best depiction of Loum so far.

IgLoo is trash and I hope they retcon it out of existence.
>>
> the team consists of the best pilots zeon has to offer.
> the team has mobile suits that are far superior than the feddies since the suits are state of the art prototypes were being developed by the best scientist in the world.
>people cry zeonwank when the feddies get their shit put in.

I honestly have no idea why people are this dumb. It'd be way weirder if the old guncannons managed to put up a good fight against the zaku 1's. Otherwise, fast tracking the gundam doesn't make much sense. Zeon's steamrolling at this point in the story since they pretty much have to for the rest of gundam to make sense.
>>
>>14654511
> Zeon in general is trash
FTFY
>>
>>14654496
>Cima, goes from flying a Zaku I to a Gelgoog to the Tetra
What a suit progression!
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.