[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get promised Syd Mead theme park >it's just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Tomorrowland_poster.jpg (157KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Tomorrowland_poster.jpg
157KB, 300x444px
>get promised Syd Mead theme park
>it's just 2 minutes of a 2h movie
>>
>>14643905
I hate this movie so much. It's literally one of my all time least favorite films.
>>
>>14644069
The movie was fun until they got there and it was just an abandoned construction site, after that I stopped caring about anything that happened.
>>
>tfw no tron sequel because this movie sucked
>>
>>14643905
The execution was just so.... boring.
I wanted to fall on love with this film. The trailers were great, the leaked concept was great, and then it all falls apart in the second act.
>>
>>14644258
>>14644375
This movie was never good at any point, with the possible exception of the scene where the robot girl is driving the protagonist and I thought it was going to be Terminator with an 8-year old girl, but it was not.

This movie is bad from like, even a conceptual level. Everything they are trying to go with in regards to the theme is beyond awful and makes no sense. "People are consuming depressing media which is why the world is a bad place" is such an incredibly ignorant idea it's insulting. To say that the concept of a dystopia in modern fiction has any bearing on the tragedies of the 21st century world is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in a film or otherwise.

Then idiots defend the film by saying "wow I can't believe any optimistic film can't do well anymore :(".

Also a lot of boring shit happens with terrible dialogue and bad shots with terrible set pieces and then George Clooney reveals he wants to fuck a robot that looks and talks like an 8-year old girl. Then she explodes.

Fuck this movie.
>>
>>14644401
Oh, also, the movie is called "Tomorrowland" but it's actually an alternate universe land so they even fucked that up.
>>
>>14644310
well the new Tron movie sucked ass
>>
When will Lindelof get blacklisted from the industry? This thing almost killed Brad Bird's career, he has to make an Incredibles sequel just to redeem himself. And still this hack gets work. Mister Can't Write a Third Act to Anything. Never mind Prometheus, Lost should have been proof enough this man cannot write anything.
>>
File: 13-TOM-ryman-entrance-4.jpg (268KB, 1024x783px) Image search: [Google]
13-TOM-ryman-entrance-4.jpg
268KB, 1024x783px
at least the ugly 90s refurb isn't the worst thing called Tomorrowland anymore
>>
>>14643905
Hollywood never fails to deliver shit.
>>
>>14644889
You suck ass
>>
>>14644401
People watch "depressing" media because the world is shit. Not the other way around.

Why all the conspiracy/evil government movies in the seventies with bad endings? Because of Vietnam, Watergate and race riots.

Another example is Escape from New York. In the eighties NYC was collapsing and most American cities were unraveling fast.
>>
File: R.O.T.O.R.jpg (1MB, 1300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
R.O.T.O.R.jpg
1MB, 1300x2400px
>>14645261
People in the 80s seemed to be so sure that soon enough with the smallest provocation all civilization would go to shit and we'd default to Mad Max style lawlessness and bad haircuts, it's kinda endearing.
>>
>>14644401
>George Clooney reveals he wants to fuck a robot that looks and talks like an 8-year old girl

Your point is? Elaborate please.
>>
File: tmp_5828-ocp_logo-1990295422.gif (13KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5828-ocp_logo-1990295422.gif
13KB, 600x450px
>>14645280
Yep crime, drugs, yuppies and nuclear holocaust defined that decade.

Good movies from that age like Robocop, Terminator, Wallstreet and Predator.
>>
>>14644410
Did you miss the part where it was just arbitrarily named that by the people that founded it?
Or are you just autistic?
>>
>>14645261
Yeah, I agree. That's why the movie blaming dystopian fiction for the the world is shit is beyond retarded.

>>14646015
Regardless of the reason in-universe, if you make a movie called "Tommorowland" that is not actually about the future then you have done it wrong.
>>
>>14648032
>Regardless of the reason in-universe, if you make a movie called "Tommorowland" that is not actually about the future then you have done it wrong.
Yep. Just autistic.
>>
>>14644889
The old one had some flaws too
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.