[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who or what was Katz supposed to represent? Because oh holy shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: faggot.jpg (77KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
77KB, 500x362px
Who or what was Katz supposed to represent? Because oh holy shit, I fucking hate him.
>>
He wanted to be what Amuro was during the OYW
>>
>>14643063
Amuro wasn't a total little bitch.
And jesus fuck, the AEUG crew is lenient as all hell, given how many times Katz has done stupid ass shit.
>>
>>14643058

Kats thinks he's the protagonist New Type in a super robot show. But he's just some guy, and it doesn't work out.
>>
I think Katz line of thinking in Zeta was
>Wow there's a war going on and my views are right. Why won't my melancholic childhood hero who went through years of media silence, is under constant surveillance and still somewhat troubled by the idea of going back up in space drop everything to go suck AEUG cock and piss off the EFF even more? I guess he must have become a coward and it is up to I to carry the torch. I'll be just like what I imagined him to be when I was a toddler despite the fact that I was hiding behind Fraw's skirt 90% of the time.
>>
>>14643069
>oh god please let this be the hijacking where he crashes and dies
>>
File: what's going on in this thre-.png (850KB, 826x712px) Image search: [Google]
what's going on in this thre-.png
850KB, 826x712px
The vibe I got from him was that he was like Kamille if Kamille wasn't a god-tier newtype.

He was supposed to show how Kamille had matured as a person, {attempting] to stop Katz from making the same mistakes he did.

Seriously, when Kamille is telling you that you're being an impulsive cunt you need to chill out.
>>
>>14643069
>And jesus fuck, the AEUG crew is lenient as all hell, given how many times Katz has done stupid ass shit.
It's almost like Zeta Gundam is poorly written or something.
>>
>>14643083
Makes sense. I still hate him though.

>>14643084
Even past how he interacts with Amuro, Katz is a goddamn shithead.
>>
>>14643069
>Amuro wasn't a total little bitch.

Yes he was lol, did you seriously forget what he was like before character development happened?
>Not even my own father hit me!
Those are the words only a spoiled little shit would utter.
>>
>>14643118
If being hit by your father is what makes someone not a spoiled little shit clearly he didn't hit you enough
>>
>>14643153
Good job missing the point entirely.
>>
>>14643118
>Those are the words only a spoiled little shit would utter.
Or anyone not the victim of physical child abuse. Which would be most people.

But hey, now you can be a special snowflake because you got beat up by daddy.
>>
>>14643106
He's supposed to be a shit head. Lots of people in Zeta are shitheads but Katz is king shithead while Reccoa is the queen.

Reccoa in particular is a very tragic character who just happens to be fucking awful.
>>
>>14643100
>{attempting] to stop Katz from making the same mistakes he did.

The ironic part being when some of Katz's bad decisions got enabled by Char of all people.
>>
He was supposed to be what Amuro or Kamille would be like if they never got corrected, that's why we see him dodging getting hit and running away.
>>
>>14643215
I don't think Char should be someone who's considered to make good decisions
>>
>>14643103
I just finished the episode where Paptimus murders Hymen, and hot damn does Zeon have the fucking worst security personal.
Actually everyone in Zeta seems to have absolutely awful security.
Where the fuck is Ali so he can shoot a bitch trying to sneak shit.
>>
>>14643168

You never got spanked? Wow, you must be a cunt.
>>
>>14643251
That's what makes it ironic.
>>
>>14643328
No one gets hit in modern society, at least not in the first world. How old are you?
>>
>>14643374
Not him but I got hit as a kid and I'm only 18. I guess it depends on the family.
>>
File: 1294666559338.jpg (62KB, 720x509px) Image search: [Google]
1294666559338.jpg
62KB, 720x509px
>>14643328
A majority of kids born past the late 80s genius-baby craze within the top 3 economies have ever experienced corrective physical abuse.

>>14643374
this guy understands.

pic related.
>>
File: 1390483395966.jpg (54KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
1390483395966.jpg
54KB, 500x251px
>>14643383
you're in the minority.

Either your parents are so powerful that they think they know better, or are so low-income and uneducated that they don't know better than what their folks served up.
>>
>>14643399
Nah, just some anger issues. They're genetic.
>>
File: 1411589823642.jpg (75KB, 632x322px) Image search: [Google]
1411589823642.jpg
75KB, 632x322px
>>14643399
/r9k/ has shitty editing skills.
>>
>>14643328
Literally only third worlders and drug abusing broken families hit their kids nowadays. They're a lot softer and easier to emotionally manipulate.

Warning; Theyll still hate you temporarily because they're children.
>>
I remember a poster he was playing Super Robot Wars Alpha 2 and was pretty much just launching Katz into battle with the best MS he had at the time. He took a screen cap of later in the game where Katz's stats were ridiculously broken, like he had some kind of multiplier for every level he gained.
Anyone still have that picture?
>>
>>14643423
Maybe in the srwg thread?
>>
At least he was a better person than Hathaway
>>
I hate Katz just as much as the rest of you, but he was alright in the Ghost of Zeon episode. Its my favorite episode from Zeta.
>>
>>14643374
>>14643399

I would like to hear you're idea of a better way to punish a child that has no sense of object permanence because taking something away does nothing to them, and try getting a two year old to set in time out without getting physical.

P.S. Katz was a terrible person who needed to be launched out a missle tube.
>>
File: 1464420396063.jpg (53KB, 540x705px) Image search: [Google]
1464420396063.jpg
53KB, 540x705px
>>14643686
>hitting a two year old
>>
>>14643686
Lal, encouraging physical punishment is only a paragraph break away from murder.
>>
>>14643720
>>14643742

Neither of you came up with a solution or alternative.
>>
>>14643770
I wouldn't know since I'm not a parent. But I do know that hitting a child is wrong, and hitting a toddler is fucking despicable. I sincerely hope you're not allowed near children.
>>
>all this debating on child abuse

I think a lot of you ITT are missing the point of the Bright slap scene...
>>
>>14643100

Pretty much, Katz is supposed to be juxtaposed with Kamille to show how much Kamille matured from where the show started.

>>14643251

If it was ironic, it would be the opposite of what we expect. Nobody expects Char to give good life advice though, considering his track record.
>>
>>14643686
it's easy peezy.

read about Ivan Pavlov.

Implement the ideas in a more human way.

Usually this means : reward the positive, abstain from rewarding the negative or neutral.

Voila! you're on the way to raising a non-broken adult.
>>
>>14643780
I support hitting for correction, but not hitting for abuse. Kids are incapable of understanding subtle hints, it is when they can do so that we call them adults.
>>
>>14643805
The Bright slap scene was in the context of a war. Bright didn't have time to ground Amuro or whatever. It didn't actually solve the underlying problems Amuro had either.
>>
>>14644108
Hello physical punishment was the standard of the Federal army, Bright was just following the manual. You're right though, that slap didn't get him in back in the Gundam, he didn't perk up until Bright mentioned Char attacking. Amuro was all for fighting Char
>>
>>14644108

Exactly. That, and Amuro was clearly walking around with his head up his ass for expecting the same sort of leniency he was used to at home, hence his memorable, snotty retort to the smack. It wasn't a proper punishment, but more Bright losing his temper at such a disgusting attitude.
>>
>>14643780

This guy gets it
>>
>>14643936

Truth
>>
>>14643780
You're thinking of actually assaulting a minor?

Spanking entails slapping the buttocks. Wow, I was spanked, now I must be scarred for life.

Get over yourself, Cap. Bright knew that kids weren't special delicate flowers, and I'm not even advocating for slapping

It's farther from murder than the violent sadistic video games that you probably let your kids play for eight hours a day.
>>
>>14645210
Not "you" in a literal sense, since you are not a parent
>>
>>14643383
> it depends on the family.
more like misfortune of your birth.
mine was worst.
>>
>>14643292
Just wait until ZZ where the crew of the Argama constantly lets two pieces of shit betray them every episode for half of the show and never punish them appropriately.
>>
>>14643805
To be fair Bright wasn't that much older than Amuro, Bright was 19 during the OYW
>>
>>14643063
Not even close.
Amuro got locked up once he fooled around, and shit, a bunch of the crew left because they thought he got off too easy.

Katz fucks up more and more, and they honestly stop punishing him LESS in the latter episodes.

It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>14645210
It was alright for Bright to hit people because they were in the military, if they didn't get into shape they'd get themselves and others killed. Kids might be brats but they're not responsible for anyone's lives.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.