[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I've been thinking a lot about 00. Especially the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Recently I've been thinking a lot about 00. Especially the movie.
While I actually enjoyed the movie quite a lot, I can't help but think the film might have been improved if Setsuna died at the end during his contact with the ELS.
Setsuna's first contact and spread of UNDERSTANDING to the ELS, being a final gift to humanity, as well as atonement for his crimes as a member of Celestial Being.

The ELS Setsuna at the end could even have been the ELS taking a familiar and non-threatening form in order to both apologize to and thank Marina (the ELS having killed Setsuna by assimilating him), sort of a living will.

Either way, this is just a thought.
All I know is that I would have cried hard if that did happen. So I'm sort of glad it didn't.
>>
>>14638681
I shed whimpy girly tears when Andrei TRANS-AMed the giant ELS probe, and that fade in of Sergei and the mother came up.
I don't think I could handle Setsuna kicking the bucket too.

So basically yes. I think it would have been a good idea too.
>>
>>14638715
>Crying that Sergei's shitty son blew him self up on a chunk of metal
Yeah no, I felt for him too.
>>
>>14638681
It would've been the first Gundam protag to die since CCA at least.
Would have been a really nice parallel.
>>
File: setsuna-jar.jpg (441KB, 858x1023px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna-jar.jpg
441KB, 858x1023px
>>14638681
He did "sacrifice" himself in a way to the ELS but straight-up dying wouldn't have been a satisfying end for him because he was already dead inside when the series began (all the meisters were in their way), and development-wise the show really was about him finding his way BACK to humanity after a lifetime of horrors.

The biggest tragedy though, is Setsuna discovering in the end that he's still too broken to maintain healthy personal relationships (i.e. with Feldt) but can acknowledge the value of human life and living for tomorrow (symbolised by the flower in the jar).

Sorry if I'm rambling but it's the best way I can articulate my thoughts.
>>
>>14639334
Why was the movie called "A wakening of the Trailblazer" with the space and not "Awakening of the Trailblazer"?
>>
>>14639342
Because nips can't into english
>>
>>14639342
It's grammatically correct, even if it does sound weird.
>>
>>14638681
All I want to know is what happened to the rest of CB.
>>
>>14639334
>about him finding his way BACK to humanity after a lifetime of horrors.
Ironically he never really found his way back to humanity, the reason he managed to talk to the ELS being how inhuman he had become after all the shit he went through, he just understood humanity on a intellectual level, after all no one else would be able to simply let go of everything they had and were just to save a whole other alien species
>>
>>14638715
When he first appeared I kept wondering when he would die but when he actually did die I just realized that for all of his bullshit he was just staying true to the ideals his father taught him about being a soldier and even then he still looked up to his father
>>
>>14638681
>we could've made the film better by turning setsuna into jesus

yeah no
>>
>>14641014
Setsuna died for your sins anon.
>>
>feldt didn't win
>00 quanta got almost no screen time
>>
>>14642351
Trying to win Setsuna is a waste of time, since the kid barely understands basic human interactions as is. I pity Feldt.

I don't even know why Trust You was used as an ED for 00, of all Gundam series. I couldn't take it seriously because of how mismanaged most of the relationships were in that series.
>>
>>14643111
>I don't even know why Trust You was used as an ED for 00, of all Gundam series. I couldn't take it seriously because of how mismanaged most of the relationships were in that series.
Because it made sense, its about going beyond their differences and pains and connecting, everyone in the ending is going after the one special someone for them and overcoming their problems, with both Setsuna and Tieria not connecting with anyone but coming with to terms with what each is and represents.

Trust You is also the single most beautiful ending in gundam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VANZ1YCyIGs
>>
>>14643182
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VANZ1YCyIGs
There is so much foreshadowing there, also all those stills are wallpaper worthy
>>
>>14643111
Trust you is good, but it had some really fucked timing, like after Lockon killed Ali.
>>
>>14642381
This would have actually given me closer on the series instead of that gay ass Star Trek ending.
>>
>>14638681

Can I say what the really stupid thing about all this is?

My main problem with the movie - apart from the aliens - is that Setsuna is supposed to represent humanity as a whole. He doesn't, because he's as far from human as you can get! He's an impossibly traumatized child soldier who is gradually becoming a transhuman psychic.

You'd think that the best embodiment of humanity would be a man and woman, in love, in a double-seater Gundam.
>>
>>14639334
and here I thought most of /m/ was too dense to grasp some of these themes.
>>
File: 1469511139187.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1469511139187.webm
3MB, 480x270px
I'm amazed at how much I've come to love the AWOT designs. I hated the Zabanya at first thinking it was the dumbest shit because fences, but it is easily one of my favorite gundams now. Even pants on head is pretty cool.
>>
>>14641014
Technically setsuna is more similar to Jesus with the way the movie went.
Going by each's story
>both sacrifice their humanity so that the rest can get a chance move past their current state to a "higher level of being"
00's innovators = Christianity's concept of born again christians
Also
>both return after a period of time to their friend(s) with physical differences caused by said sacrificial event
I could look for further similarities like Aeolia being a representation of old testament prophets but I feel like I'm already reaching.
>>
>>14643956
Setsuna is the only one who can understand the situation though. If it was anyone else they would have been lost in the ELS consciousness, screwed the pooch, and killed earth. Or would have rejected the ELS completely in revenge and desperation.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.