[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a simple question for you /m/. Why don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1395523176787.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1395523176787.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
I've got a simple question for you /m/. Why don't people like Space anymore?
I've always found space to be fascinating, and while I understand that the interest in Space during the cold war was due to the US vs THEM mentality, but still it's like no one cares.
I mean not too long ago the news that humanity somehow managed to land a fucking satellite on an comet went largely over people's heads, except for the fact that one of the scientists on the team was wearing an apparently "sexist" shirt.
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Q5kwdIBTg
>>
We had Interstellar, and maybe the recent Star Trek movies and the upcoming series can do something for us. What other pro-space Hollywood movies have their been, I feel like I'm forgetting something.
>>
>>14638661
The Martian was great. Best movie I've seen in a while.
>>
>>14638661
Gravity
>>
>>14638640
Do you think Space Brothers could work in the US if it were in live action?
>>
>>14638699

It's so inherently jap though
>>
File: human sexuality.jpg (361KB, 700x1088px) Image search: [Google]
human sexuality.jpg
361KB, 700x1088px
Look at it like this anon.

What's there left to do in space?

We put a man and our flag on the moon.

We drew a giant fucking wanger on the surface of Mars.

As far as accomplishments go, that's pretty much all there is to do, until we find ayy lmao poon to go stare at.

I imagine, even if something like the Chinese putting a man on the moon, and then he goes and kicks the US Flag over and dumps some dog feces on it, we wouldn't care all that much.
>>
>>14638699
No. The humor would have to be altered radically, and there would have to be some kind of attention grab every episode.
Space Brothers is great despite being quite slowly paced.

In America, everything has to be here and now.
>>
>>14638724
I don't watch much american television, so I don't really know what you mean by "so inherently jap".
Do you mean what this guy is saying?
>>14638726
>>
>>14638640
I think a lot of the government's drive for space developement had been decreasing since the end of the cold war, and most of it became less and less flashy feats of engineering and in-person exploration. Also, very few people want to leave the earth forever and dump stuff like the internet or football. Most people wouldn't stay enthused or see the importance of projects that are similar to worms-in-space or "look at me float and catch food in my mouth" for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>14638640
I really miss any new and big Space Opera movies. Most of what comes out is either Star Trek or Star Wars. No one dares to introduce a completely new Space Opera to the audience.
>>
>>14638740
Just watch an episode of the Big Bang Theory. Do you want Space Bros to turn into that?
>>
>>14638822
I've seen the term "Space Opera" used to describe so many things that I'm unsure as to what it even means.
>>
>>14638684
Right, that was what I was thinking of. Though personally, I didn't think it was great. I needed less upbeat humor, and more contemplative Matt Damon staring across the desolate Martian landscape.
>>14638690
I purposely didn't mention Gravity, because it can arguably be considered an anti-space movie. A space age Tower of Babel. (Well, a real space age Babel would feature a space elevator.)
>>
>>14638866
Now that you bring it up, have we ever had a pro-space film that wasn't based on a true story?
Almost every space movie I remember is a thriller, where everything goes wrong.
>>
>>14638901
You mean, a pro-space film that IS based on a true story?

Because I'd consider something like 2001 a pro-space film. Sure, HAL happens, but that's not really the point, the point is the glory of our progress as a species. Same with Interstellar and The Martian.
>>
>>14638901
Space Brothers had a film adaptation if that counts.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.