[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not everyone liked Shin Mazinger, but for me it was my TTGL.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: koujitrap.jpg (55KB, 603x1024px) Image search: [Google]
koujitrap.jpg
55KB, 603x1024px
Not everyone liked Shin Mazinger, but for me it was my TTGL.

>dat fucking ending
>>
File: 1369327711121.jpg (192KB, 960x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1369327711121.jpg
192KB, 960x2700px
Shin Mazinger was the first mecha show I watched that showed me that classic sr shows can have an interesting plot that didn't revolve purely about punching other robots to death.

I watched TTGL after Shin Mazinger, but I had the impression that TTGL's plot wasn't as thorough out as Shin's. It was all rather a predictable affair. Still a decent show, but not the amazing super robot anime that everyone made it out to be.
>>
Shin Mazinger just started broadcasting in my country. The dub is somewhat shitty, but it's nice to rewatch it on TV, knowing a lot of other people are watching it for the first time.
>>
I really didn't like the flashbacks and replaying events all the time. Other than that it was alright.
>>
>>14637562
>I really didn't like the flashbacks and replaying events all the time.
That was part of the fun.

Episode 20 best episode.
>>
>>14637519
Only spics didn't like it.
>>
File: energerz.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
energerz.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14637525
>never ever.jpg

>>14637519
I loved it, but I do understand the criticism about Imashi making the side characters of Kurogane house outshine the classic mazinger cast (And I really disliked the new origin of Boss Borot) but at the same time I do realize that Imagawa does this shit with everything, and when Kouji shined it was great.
>>
File: MazingerZ_Boss_173.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
MazingerZ_Boss_173.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>14637619
>Imashi

>making the side characters of Kurogane house outshine the classic mazinger cast
I actually disagree.

I don't think the Kurogane 5 got in the way. They complemented by being the ground soldiers. It's not like they were given giant robots to fight.

Sayaka and Boss were the ones who actually fought the mechanical beasts.

As for Tsubasa, I like her role as the commander. It's a game of chess between her and Hell for the entire show. Mazinger and Kouji were like their ace in the army.
>>
>>14637637
Imagawa or whatever, I'm bad with names.

>As for Tsubasa, I like her role as the commander. It's a game of chess between her and Hell for the entire show. Mazinger and Kouji were like their ace in the army.
She does it well, but due to her prominence it makes Kouji feel more like her tool, than his own man. She's the main player, and he's just a piece.

I don't think it hurts the show too much, but I do understand the criticism.
>>
>Shin Mazinger doesn't have a lot of robots
>It's a problem

>Giant Robo The Animation doesn't have a lot of robots
>It's not a problem

Explain.
>>
>>14637655
>She does it well, but due to her prominence it makes Kouji feel more like her tool, than his own man. She's the main player, and he's just a piece.
This is exactly what I liked.

It makes more sense logically speaking to leave the strategy to someone mature and competent.

In the original, Kouji is expected to do everything. Everyone knows he's a rash teenager who's prone to mistakes.

>I don't think it hurts the show too much, but I do understand the criticism.
Only if you expected the original Mazinger. I tried to judge this show based on its own merits, rather on what it did and didn't do compared to the original.

The only real criticism I had with Shin Mazinger was the inconsistent animation quality. Other than that I really enjoyed it. It provided a really interesting lore that Mazinger was lacking, anime wise.
>>
>>14637672
>Shin Mazinger doesn't have a lot of robots
It had plenty of robots.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yko80aKgEbU
>>
>>14637519

It's the only good entry in the entire Mazinger franchise. It deserves some extra points for that.
>>
>>14637519
Had a lot of room for improvement but I liked it.
Great OPs.
>>
>>14637519
>Not everyone liked Shin Mazinger
Barely anyone did IIRC
>>
>>14637833
>>14637862
back to mexico, spics
>>
>>14637525
one of these days...we'll have Great Mazinger in SRW again.

a custom "Great Hen" plot.
>>
>>14637833
>Someone didn't read Mazinger Zero
>>
>>14637886
>Zero
>Good
Someone didn't read Mazinger Zero.
>>
>>14637910
I still don't get what's wrong with it
People say it's bad and never explain why
>>
>>14639358
Not for everyone
>>
>>14637637
I honestly don't remember Sayaka doing anything at all in Shin
>>
>>14637655
Kouji was the leader against Dr.Hell which force him to grow up in Mazinger Z.

(He almost die in many fight, Mazinger lost his limbs more then one in middle of battle(

Though because it was old anime, it will take ages for character development since they used to have more then 50 episodes per single season.
>>
>>14639766
She fought a lot of mechanical beasts
>>
>>14639978
>She jobbed against a lot of mechanical beasts
ftfy
>>
>>14640093
To be fair, her Aphrodite A was shit and she was bound to lose against Baron Ashura's new robot.
>>
>>14640093
Just like everything else she's ever been in.
Except Angels, but she was only allowed to be successful there because Kouji wasn't in it.
>>
>>14640343
She had some surprisingly good solo moments in Shin Mazinger Zero though.

But yes, Angels is where she was allowed to shine.
>>
>>14640343
She killed a few In the original
>>
>>14640383
Yeah, I remember there being about two kikaiju that she legitimately destroyed. It still doesn't make up for all the other times.
>>
>>14640387
Her mecha isn't made for combat. Mazinger is far more advanced than anything her father was capable of making. Same with Dr Hell's. How does this make no sense to you?
>>
>>14640402
It makes perfect sense to me. What doesn't make sense is why she kept deploying it in spite of that and why when they actually bothered making a new combat capable robot for her, it didn't really accomplish any more than her last robot.

Conclusion: Sayaka is a shitty pilot. Who would have thought.
>>
>>14640417
I just explained to you why. Their technology is way behind Dr Hell's.
>>
>>14640422
Actually, that doesn't make any sense either since all of the upgrades they built into Mazinger Z worked just fine against the mechanical beasts.
>>
>>14640417
She did good in episode 24 of Shin Mazinger though.

She's not given enough credit.
>>
>>14642609
25 too.
>>
>>14640426
I also told you it wasn't made for combat.
>>
>>14637672
>Giant Robo The Animation doesn't have a lot of robots
>It's not a problem

Maybe because, according to Japanese fans. It's not a Robot Anime but a Superhuman Anime
>>
File: 1364422332867.jpg (1MB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1364422332867.jpg
1MB, 1024x1280px
>>14642706
I don't know where this meme comes from.

Giant Robo had plenty of robots.
>>
>>14642716
No doubt about it. But it has more guys on foot fighting than Robots fighting. It get such name because of that.
>>
>>14642716
Where are you grabbing all those pictures from?
>>
>>14642706
>>14642716
Giant Robo isn't a robot anime, it's an anime with robots in it, there's a difference
>>
>>14642716
I don't remember this fucking robot in the OVAs. It looks fucking great.
>>
>>14643717
It's GR-2, it shows up in the flashback in Episode 5 (or somewhere around that time) when Daisaku is still a kid
>>
File: big bang punch.jpg (55KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
big bang punch.jpg
55KB, 848x480px
I fucking loved this show and the ending just did it for me. It was my first Mazinger so I wasn't expecting it.

This show might have caused me to seek out stuff with endings like this, where quite literally "absolute despair" kicks in.
>>
>>14644157
The ending was boss.
>>
>>14642725

Really similar to Shin Mazinger.
Too many people expected the formula of monster of the week. Because hey it's Mazinger! Robot vs robot until the very last boss!
Shin Mazinger is the proof that prejudices can ruin a masterpiece.
If only Imagawa was allowed to continue that story...
In turn we got Mazinkaiser SKL and moezinger & friends.
Then nothing.
Good job Japan. Very good.
>>
>>14645067
The directing style was similar, but guess what, It's the same director!

Every Tomino show is similar. How is that a fair criticism?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.