[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can your humanoid mech rotate its upper body 360 degrees while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: spider_tank.jpg (255KB, 788x640px) Image search: [Google]
spider_tank.jpg
255KB, 788x640px
Can your humanoid mech rotate its upper body 360 degrees while keeping its eyes on a moving target and both feet firmly on the ground?
Yeah, the tank in my picture isn't perfect either. Just saying, if given the SAME fictional technology and the SAME disregard for physics, a machine made in man's image is a jack-of-all-trades at best. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: m126_02.jpg (78KB, 492x700px) Image search: [Google]
m126_02.jpg
78KB, 492x700px
>>
File: mia1.png (25KB, 321x591px) Image search: [Google]
mia1.png
25KB, 321x591px
Please post with your trip, Snapfit-kun.
>>
>>14633414
>>14633418
I don't understand.
>>
>>14633418
Wait, are you trying to tell me that Snapfit-kun doesn't like robots but buys gunpla?
>>
>>14633499
The Victory can rotate it's head 360 degrees and can bend it's elbows all the way back to shoot behind it. I wish I had the webm of Uso exploiting it.
>>
Who the hell is Snapfit? I'm not even a board regular.
>>
This thread is jej and newfags
Go back to /k/ if you don't want humanoids.
>>
>>14633583
Tripfag shitposter.
>>
>>14633398

If we operate using the same technology necessary to control a tank with 17 points of articulation between legs and turret, we're already going to need expert systems or MMI.

And in either case, we can radically speed up training and increase utility in edge cases by making the construction humanoid as possible.

The real mistake is size; the best effective size for a mecha is less than 5 meters, because leveraging your advantages means being able to move through notionally human-only paths and directly supporting boots on the ground.

Your tank adds incredible complexity to the vehicle in return for mediocre impassible terrain navigation and weak pop-up capability.

A "practical" humanoid mech blurs the line between infantry and armor; bringing manueverable hard targets into a city fight, integrated with soldiers.
>>
File: arm_slaves.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
arm_slaves.png
2MB, 1280x800px
>>14633398
Can your CRAB tank punch, kick, or tear things apart?

I thought so.
>>
File: Beck Victory Deluxe.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Beck Victory Deluxe.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Cs-sNmIq8

Also Eumenides from a later episode, as well as the unnamed construction machine.

You also have a medley of Mechanical Beasts able to do this, Crab Gunners, Walker Machines, namely Duggers, Ottriches, Galabagoses, Capricoes, Iron Gear types, Uranus from Giant Robo which floats yet keeps its body in place when using its head in a turretlike manner, etc.

You mention "eyes" here. What does this entail exactly? I mentioned Walker Machines, which often have multiple crew or capacity for multiple crew; are these machines invalidated if gunners' eyes are what is on the target as opposed to the driver's? If so that's complete BS.

The Victory Gundam is one of the only MS I can remember that's depicted doing what you've mentioned, but at the same time I would not be surprised if there are Guntank variants able to do this (namely the Guntank MP, though the original Guntank's body was fixed), Balls, though they have no legs, etc.

In fact, realistically, I think quite a few MS could do what the Victory pulled off, because in that moment Uso was not manipulating anything special to the Victory, but something that could be done because he was in a humanoid machine not limited by human physique. The real specifics of what MS can and cannot do this would have to be determined by their physiques, but at the same time, with MS alone, we have a medley of kits which are, technically speaking, able to do what you request where this is not necessarily in the suit's capabilities; see the Guntank.

I'm gonna be honest; why is this thread here? The more I think about it the more I'm confused as to why it exists. I can definitely see why people are drawing parallels to snapshit.
>>
>>14633684
Why would it want to? It can potentially have a better gun-to-body ratio than your humanoid, so it dominates at range. Probably moves just as fast too.
>>
File: fuck this I'm out.webm (3MB, 720x491px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this I'm out.webm
3MB, 720x491px
Can your crab mech decide "fuck this I'm out" and take off leving the rest of its body behind?

Thought not.

Gundam: 9001
Atheists: 0
>>
>>14633790
Given equal technology, it might. But adding dead weight for the sole purpose of giving up isn't exactly an advantage.
The vast majority of humanoid mechs that can fly in an atmosphere aren't particularly aerodynamic and would need anti-gravity or incredibly strong thrust. No reason at all why the same technology can't be used on a quadruped with a turret.
>>
File: li.gif (321KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
li.gif
321KB, 400x300px
>>14633398
Yes. Yes it can.
>>
File: HT01B_Magella_Attack.jpg (66KB, 469x393px) Image search: [Google]
HT01B_Magella_Attack.jpg
66KB, 469x393px
>>14633837
Not that guy but I am now laffin.

I also like how you don't actually know what the Core Block system is for in Victory's era. "Giving up" is NOT its only trick.
You from around here, anon? Do you like mecha?
>>
File: GIMME NUKE.jpg (62KB, 700x379px) Image search: [Google]
GIMME NUKE.jpg
62KB, 700x379px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAW2ZAfrWo
>>
>>14633890
>Do you like mecha?
Meh, they have their niche and are certainly cool, but as >>14633656 said, the bigger they are the less humanoid they need to be, barring literally space magic. I think the middle ground should be explored more.
To be fair, the super-heavy boss mechs in Gundam tend to have more varied shapes, but still get rekt by humanoid hero mechs with a fraction the firepower.
>>
>>14634005
Yeah, and a bunch of those super heavy boss mechs (Big Zam, Zakrello, Bigro) tend to be experimental units and one offs since they were so expensive compared to their firepower, as were defeated by humanoid mechs because they were faster and could operate better, and armor really doesn't matter in Gundam since one beam shot tends to destroy most MS and MA.
>>
>>14634005
Most of the "final boss" mecha of the UC have been totally humanoid. As >>14634046 points out with OYW examples, all of them were generally failures in some way or another, or otherwise could not compete with Mobile Suits which were already being mass produced and generally doing their jobs well.
>>
File: The O.jpg (767KB, 1506x2116px) Image search: [Google]
The O.jpg
767KB, 1506x2116px
On the other hand I should hvae said "boss" as opposed to final boss, but yes, all "Final boss" MS of the UC have generally been humanoids.

The armor thing other anon mentioned generally gets more and more pronounced as time passes; beam technology becomes advanced to the point where it is nearly the only effective physical armor. Beam shields became prominent in F91 and Victory for this reason
>>
File: crab_ani.jpg (23KB, 400x391px) Image search: [Google]
crab_ani.jpg
23KB, 400x391px
If I'm frank I don't know why I've humored this thread when it's so clear it's just realfag newfag shit.
>>
>>14633398
"Jack of all trades but a master of none, yet oft-times better than a master of one."
>>
>>14633757
>doesn't see the point of honorably melee combat
>doesn't want to crush his enemies beneath his iron boots
>doesn't believe in most honorable one on one duals
>doesn't recognize the objective superiority of giant katanas that can deflect bullets
Truly the soul of the samurai does not burn in your heart, return to whatever bitter hell you crawled from you wretched pleb
>>
>>14634079
the O is honestly barely humanoid when looking at it's silhouette, it's legs are more like extra verniers
>>
>>14633398
can your crab do awesome stuff?
no, of course it can't
it can perform well, but it would be really boring to watch it do so.

I'm not here for performance, I'm here for the awesome!
>>
>>14633398
Go back to /k/ anon.
>>
>>14633398

nigga that shit can't even move in a striaght fucking line

prove me wrong
>>
>>14633757
So...what do you do when you run out of your ammo capacity that is severely limited by the load limit of your legs?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.