[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So here's something I've been wondering. Say you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1455812282938.gif (231KB, 325x570px) Image search: [Google]
1455812282938.gif
231KB, 325x570px
So here's something I've been wondering.

Say you have two robots fighting. A robot should logically be able to see an action, recognise it, and process it to decide an appropriate response. On the assumption that a robot can, as the result of a computer brain, think extremely quickly, shouldn't each robot be able to decide on how to perfectly counter his opponent's moves?

Would this lead to a standstill, how much would conventional fighting techniques work, or would fighting become trying to beat the limitations of the opponent's physical capabilities?

TLDR: would a fight between two robots turn into a frame-by-frame style TAS-esque fight?
>>
You ever see Kabuto fight Dark Kabuto?
>>
>>14632745
That fight made the assumption that Put On would ever be a good idea in a fight. Masked was a completely useless form.
>>
>>14632742
The robot with overall better abilities would win if all else was equal.

Otherwise, it's possible for one robot to simply out-think the other if its processor is better, or its victory could be due to small circumstances you wouldn't normally think of.

Power levels are as tricky as they are useless.
>>
>>14632742

The problem is that the robots are limited by time, and can't realistically compute EVERY possible outcome of a given action within the limited time required to both complete that analysis and then enact a physical response to counter it. They can certainly make predictions, but they lack the time and data to be 100% accurate.

Also, their combat prediction is going to be limited by the constraints of their programming. Enemies that the programmer didn't know about won't be in the database, and combat prediction against them is going to drop off heavily because you won't know what their attack style is until after you have already seen them successfully kick you ass.
>>
>>14632742
Too many variables, not enough processor cycles to compute every outcome and choose the right one.
>>14632976
Unless robot with less processing powers has algorithms optimized better than his opponents.
>>14633176
Self learning algorithms can remedy that can remedy that but again, time and repetitions are needed for proper responses to be known.

>>14632742
>TLDR:
Yes, but.
For now we lack sufficient technology to even make our robot walk and predict obstacles in reliable way. If allowed for enough time to run simulation of enough iterations robot can move in decent way but especially bipedal designs are still, well, funny to watch.
>>
>>14632745
No
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.