[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Ideon even about? That we can never achieve "muh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 3352865-ideon.jpg (912KB, 914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3352865-ideon.jpg
912KB, 914x1280px
What was Ideon even about? That we can never achieve "muh understanding"?
>>
>>14630890
>What was Ideon even about? That we can never achieve "muh understanding"?

In one word yes, humans cannot overcome the intrinsic distrust of one another. Distrust that is the source of all human conflict. While the 2 ideon films don't make this point sufficiently clear, the tv series does. So is humanity doomed ? Tomino's answer in Ideon is that yes, humanity is doomed and the only way to reach mutual understanding is through death.
That is what the final scene of Ideon is all about. Death is what permits humanity to finally come to a universal understanding.
Ideon is ideologically the antithesis of Gundam. Funny since they're both creations of Tomino.
>>
It's about episode 36 never
>>
>>14630899
Interestingly, Tomino intended Gundam to take place in the new universe formed at the end of Be Invoked. Showing that people can understand each other, but miscommunication and distrust do still plague humans.
>>
>>14631281
Even during Gaia Gear, humans are still shit.

Newtypes are just delusional autistic savants with an exceptional knack for piloting mobile suits.

And in the end, Ideon a shit for remaking the universe instead of annihilating all of reality.
>>
>>14630899
>the 2 ideon films

Are they shit? I tried to watch the tv series but it's like it was written by a child.
>>
>>14632834
1st one is a condensed version of the TV series, 2nd one is the "proper" ending to the TV series.
>>
>>14630890
Its more sad when i think about how similar the buff clan and the humans were alike its so sad all that killing.
>>
>>14632894
Humans gonna human.
>>
File: Anime_Janai.jpg (78KB, 450x660px) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Janai.jpg
78KB, 450x660px
>>14631281
So Hasegawa's short he drew as a joke is more canon than he realized?
>>
>>14632834
Recap movie doesn't make much sense without watching the series, but Be Invoked is great even without context.
>>
>>14633053
It's 100% canon.
>>
>>14630899
So Gundam 0079 is existentialism and Ideon is nihilism?
>>
File: 1469651012892.jpg (207KB, 1000x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1469651012892.jpg
207KB, 1000x1013px
>>
>>14635456
>top kino
>Tomino
It's like poetry, sort of, they rhyme.
>>
>>14630890
Nothing
>>
File: tomino.gif (4MB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
tomino.gif
4MB, 600x608px
>>14635478
>>
>>14636961
3deep5me
>>
>>14636974
Just like Tomino.
>>
>>14630899
I don't think Tomino had nihilist intentions in Be Invoked at all. Like many of Tomino's works, he believes that hope for humanity lies in future generations. This hope takes the form of Messiah (quite the unsubtle name) and the unborn baby. The two are the leaders for humanity's next level of existence, and just like with Newtypes, Tomino is placing hope that just one day, in the future, humanity might just finally understand one another. Heck, one female character who's name I've forgotten said "It's their generation now, let's leave it to them."
>>
>>14636961
This is amazing. I love it.
>>
I just saw the 2 movies and, well, I is not a bad show just a little "meh". Dunno if seeing the TV series will change this perception.
>>
>>14637006
Aren't Messiah and the Karalahs' unborn baby the same person?
>>
>>14630899
I hate that, like the newtype understanding of Gundam, this message is executed by way of magic rather than human action.
>>
>>14637055
You're supposed to watch the TV series before the movies. The first movie condenses like thirty episodes into ninety minutes. Second movie would feel more impactful if you were actually familiar with the characters in it.
>>
>>14639499
He meant Messiah (Karala´s baby) and LOU (the little faggot whom Ide was trying to protect).
>>
>>14640440
Yeah this, I kinda mixed up the babies
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.