[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The idea of mass producing giant robots to fight giant robots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: 18j3vbb2yauvpjpg.jpg (53KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
18j3vbb2yauvpjpg.jpg
53KB, 800x566px
The idea of mass producing giant robots to fight giant robots irks me somewhat. Wouldn't the federation realistically have pursued something else before mobile suits which realistically only puts them on the same level as Zeon?
>>
File: gusion.jpg (17KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
gusion.jpg
17KB, 360x406px
>>
File: you_must_be_my_enemy_kyon.png (726KB, 833x809px) Image search: [Google]
you_must_be_my_enemy_kyon.png
726KB, 833x809px
>The idea of mass producing giant robots to fight giant robots irks me somewhat.
>>
>>14621981

are you actually dumb or just shitposter?
>>
>>14622008
I mean in a future civilization where they have people living in space and animated gif paper couldn't they think of a better way to fight of mobile suits than... just mobile suits? It seems realistically the federation would have jumped to mobile armors and made mobile suits a symbol of their enemy.
>>
>>14622028
>realistically

I know you're so autistic you can't stop yourself from barfing a stream of consciousness all over this board, but really man?

Really?
>>
>>14622031
It's my fault I didn't get any sleep last night now I'm just not thinking clearly but I think I'm onto something.
>>
>>14622031
Stop replying to snapshit-cunt man, it only makes him/her/it horny.
>>
>>14622060
Maybe you're trying to say that making MS to fight MS is inefficient and costly. It kinda is, but think of why MS exist to begin with. There's a very, very distinct effect a giant metal warrior has on a human soldier's morale when it's marching towards him or her, shaking the ground with every step. MS are intimidating, and rather than be scared of them for being used on you by your enemy, why not make a giant White Devil of your own to fight back?
>>
Mobile suits, just like several weapons in the past (bows, guns, planes, tanks, etc) changed the landscape of war.

MSG-wise the Federation were completely blindsided by this new technology and felt that they needed to capitalize on it and fast.

Origin-wise, mobile suits were looked at the way giant fighting robots are looked at in the world today: really gimmicky and just for show. Guncannons and Guntanks were extremely primative and essentially walking artillery platforms. Zeon again changed warfare and made mobile suits practical fighting machines.
>>
>>14621981
Woah really makes me think. I guess anything with mecha needs to be shutdown because it's unrealistic. Thanks for showing me the light.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
19KB, 200x200px
Ackchyually, according to The Origin, the Federation made mobile suits first. but decided they were dumber than tanks with two barrels so they stopped. And then Zeon made better ones. So the Feddies made the best one possible to one-up Zeon.
>>
>>14621981
> realistically
Please, stop complaining about realism in a fucking mecha anime. It's like watching fantasy and complaining about impossibility of magic.
> BUT IN MUH REALITY MAGIC/GIANT ROBOTS IS/ARE IMPOSSIBLE!
This is the whole point of making stuff like that, you retards.
>>
The idea of mass producing nuclear weapons to deter nuclear weapons irks me somewhat. Wouldn't the Soviet Union realistically have pursued something else before nuclear weapons which realistically only puts them on the same level as the US?
>>
>>14621981
Go back to your /k/ontainment thread you fuck
>>
>>14622193
Wing-wise, the UESA wanted to effect the Tarkin Doctrine so they developed MS as terror weapons.
>>
>>14622060
Not your fucking blog. Tanks and aircraft both ended up on all sides despite some people putting them to use first. Airbrush needs to put you on a fucking leash.
>>
I know I'm bringing up real life shit in shows about robots fighting, but how in god's name are the giant swords made? Is there just like a fucking massive forge somewhere in space?
>>
>>14623624
There wouldn't be any other way. Giant blacksmiths are the future.
>>
>>14622255
Guntank is only considered a mobile suit retroactively. It wasn't considered a mobile suit in the 0060's since the term wasn't invented yet.

So by some retroactive logic, you could say the Federation built them first, but that's really just you playing semantics to make a false point.
>>
>le robots are for psychological

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8
>>
>>14623631

Do they have a ring that makes my greatbow shoot farther?
>>
File: 1468362100154.png (414KB, 850x472px) Image search: [Google]
1468362100154.png
414KB, 850x472px
>>14621981
there is already an in-universere explanation why they use mobile suits, Minovsky particles.

But more importantly
>The idea of mass producing giant robots to fight giant robots irks me somewhat.
I really hope you're just shitposting. No one is this stupid right?
>>
File: 1252249435252.jpg (1KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1252249435252.jpg
1KB, 126x126px
>>14624681
>I really hope you're just shitposting. No one is this stupid right?

I dunno? You're the one taking it out of context.
>>
>>14623631
I like the idea of giant heat resistant robots forging weapons deep within the earths crust for other legendary robots
>>
>>14624681
He's struggling hard now to try and retain some semblance of attention now that Clawshrimpy is back to claim his autism crown. Just...give him a pity laugh or something.
>>
>>14624690
>mecha
>muh realism
Is that about it for your ''context''?
>>
>>14621981
They did and it didn't work.
>>
>>14621981
Its probably because the Zaku surpassed the Tanks, Warships, and Submarines in terms of utility, power, and cost. And Feddies responded to it with their imitation or take on it.
>>
>>14622008
>snapshit
>anything other than a shitposter
>>
>>14621981

There might have, briefly, been a period of the One Year War when producing mobile suits made sense. Unfortunately, Gundam immediately blew its load by introducing beam weapons, a weapon which works on everything and ignores armor and Gundam has never been allowed to have an effective counter to, nor has it ever come up with a way to surpass without resorting to literal magic.

Beam weapons are small, powerful, and effective enough that fightercraft that amount to just a beam rifle with a rocket on the back and enough space for the pilot to sit should have absolutely massacred all of Zeons mobile suits so hard that the rest of UC would only have seen mobilesuits in OYW documentaries.
>>
>>14622008
he's so autistic that he purchases model kits, shittly slaps them together, then posts crappy out of focus bad lighting pics in the gunpla thread. oh and he's been doing it for like 2 years non stop nearly every single day
>>
>>14621993
>posting Disappearance of Yuki Nagato pics
>>
>>14621981
Realistically? Giant robots are dumb.
In the context of the story? Mobile suits revolutionized warfare. It was like the second coming of the airplane, in the sense that it changed war forever and every army needed them as a main fighting power.
>>
>>14621981
Giant robots are a super retarded idea.

They just werk for anime
>>
>>14626743
>fightercraft that amount to just a beam rifle with a rocket on the back and enough space for the pilot to sit
So a Beam Ball?
>>
>>14621981
>Wouldn't the federation realistically have pursued something else before mobile suits which realistically only puts them on the same level as Zeon?
To take you seriously for a moment, the Fed has massive resource and manpower advantage. This means if they ONLY pull themselves technologically even with Zeon, that would be enough for them to defeat their enemies.

Remember that UC warfare is a reference to WW2. And the Allies had a massive resource advantage that meant they can replace their losses, while Germany and Japan could not. In the end tech advantage really can't win you the war unless you are at least equal on the resource front.
>>
>>14627758
or you know a core booster

sayla and sleggar did very well in those
>>
>>14621981
In the Gundam kayfabe it's literally the best kind of weapon that revolutionized warfare. It's too versatile; there is no "hard counter" in that universe. Your only choice is to compete with your own.

The same has been true for any revolutionary weapons platform in history; yeah you manufacture some cheaper stuff that can kill it, but you try to compete with it directly as well.
>>
File: funnelsthroughtheages.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
funnelsthroughtheages.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
Well, running with Snapfit-Kun's idea... What would be the next step beyond Mobile Suits?

Mobile Armors would seem to be the next step, but what always struck me about them is that they seem to be a step backward. They're big a clunky, they have glass jaws, and they're basically just fighters or tanks, sorta.

Really, I think the Next Step to go beyond mobile suits is Bits/Funnels.
>>
>>14627779
No, that has too much plane. A better idea would be a manned bit.
>>
>>14627840
And that's what we see.
Zeta had some of those, then ZZ had even more, with most of the suits by the end of it being funnel suits.
Then CCA had the main 2 suits being funnel suits.
>>
File: ball.jpg (135KB, 369x428px) Image search: [Google]
ball.jpg
135KB, 369x428px
>>14627840
Balls. Stick a bazillion verniers on them and give them upgraded fuck off cannons.
>>
>>14627840
> What would be the next step beyond Mobile Suits?
Super robots. That's why we have G Gundam.
>>
>>14627758

Effectively. Actual design can waffle one way or another, I'm not sure the ball has enough speed and maneuverability to be anything other than a sitting duck to make MS look good.
>>
>snapfuck-kunt finally baits /m/ into giving him a load of (you)s after several failed threads

FILTER HIM IF YOU CAN'T SPOT HIS BAITING YOU FUCKS
>>
>>14627793
>The same has been true for any revolutionary weapons platform in history; yeah you manufacture some cheaper stuff that can kill it, but you try to compete with it directly as well.

Thats sort of putting the cart before the horse. The weapons platform is revolutionary BECAUSE it forces everyone else to compete.

The complaint here is that, while an impressive feat of engineering, the mobile suit should never have been effective enough to force anyone else to compete with it int he first place. It should have just been a wacky military experiment that simply didn't pan out, like hundreds of unremembered military platforms throughout history.

Like that wooden piloted jet the Nazis were testing towards the end of WW2, designed to rocket up into the middle of an air battle, fire off a shotgun shell of unguided anti air missiles, and then eject both the pilot and the engine. It was their shitty solution to the fact that while they had missile technology, they had no way to guide or aim it. It was a neat solution, but not one that panned out for them, and now most people have never heard of it.

Thats what the history of mobile suits would have looked like.
>>
>>14629111
That's why I said "in the kayfabe." If you want to analyze the Gundam universe as if it was our universe but with everything else true about it then sure. Giant robots are so dumbm etc.

I'm just saying that the in-universe explanation is that they aren't dumb; they're like the best thing ever. Now if you accept that premise it would make sense that people would start trying to compete with it rather than make something else. It's like when they invented guns; everything they did to try and "counter" guns outside of having their own was mostly of pointless (like making "gun proof" breastplates etc.), what opponents ultimately needed was their own gun.
>>
File: 56987412654753.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
56987412654753.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>>14621981

Realistically, neither side would have developed giant robots because giant humanoid robots are stupid. It took millions of years for humans to slowly evolve to look like humans. Robots don't have to "evolve" like living creatures. They can be conceived intelligently into more efficient designs depending on their role. This means access to wheels, engines, and other solutions that were not developed in the natural world.

However, because giant fighting robots are cool as shit, they can still exist in fiction and we can escape into fantasy. It's like me having sexual intercourse with Charlize Theron: It's never going to happen, but it's still cool to think about.
>>
>>14622255
Ackchyually the origin is non-canon trash
>>
>>14622255
>the Federation made mobile suits first. but decided they were dumber than tanks with two barrels
It's funny because it's true
>>
>>14622310
You can actually build giant robots in real life. It would be closer to complaining about elves acting like fags
>>
>>14629285
Oh but they WILL evolve thought, because limbs are superior and wheels a shit.

A

SHIIIIIIIIIIT

honestly thought, i think big bipedal robo is still ok IRL, but maybe just at 2.5-8 meters, and at best it function as light tanks/infantry support/field construction machine/recon. Heavier things are better leaved as either wheeled or spider tonks
>>
>>14624681
In show explanations don't give a good reason for giant bipedal giant tanks.
>>
>>14626743
I-fields might make not make much sense but neither do beam weapons. They fire beams hot enough to melt thick armor without melting the gun that fired it. Machine guns that actually exist have had to overcome this problem.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qLp4phGL41s
anime adaptation when
>>
>>14631239
Already exists.

Link related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlhtVgB7QuY
>>
>>14631266
Shining Finga!
>>
>>14621981
Don't yoi logic with giant robots
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.