[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To parent/future parent /m/ anons, do you have plans for bringing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: likechildlikeparent.jpg (146KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
likechildlikeparent.jpg
146KB, 1024x1024px
To parent/future parent /m/ anons, do you have plans for bringing forth the next generation of mecha fans?
>>
>>14613558
>2016
>having children

Haha, good one.
>>
Have them watch 0079 first.
>>
The answer is obvious, we all become /m/or/m/ons. By which, I mean, we pool resources and buy a fuck-huge compound in butfuck nowhere and create a mecha religious cult. It'll be like those aliens from Galaxy Quest and the "historical documents" they mimic and worship.
>>
File: takeshi_iori.png (734KB, 939x528px) Image search: [Google]
takeshi_iori.png
734KB, 939x528px
I wouldn't want to force interests on my future children. I want to accumulate a big multimedia library in my future dream house, and then take my kids down and ask them to explore it at their leisure, and just cross my fingers that they learn all their values from LotGH or UC Gundam. Or I would open up a Gunpla box and leave it on the living room table before they get home from school, and then watch to see if they'll play with it while I'm hiding.
>>
>>14616623
Sounds like the best option.

This hobby is kinda something that has to occur naturally, but if as a parent you show enthusiasm for mecha then it's likely that your kid will too.
>>
Oh my god. You aren't just a mechasexual furry, you are a pedophile too?
>>
>>14613948
>Have them watch S-cry-ed first.
ftfy
>>
>>14613558
I'm not but I think they should be able to like what they like as long as it's not Evil things like antisemitism or bullying or animal cruelty. But, yeah. Voltron, Sailor Moon, GGG, 0079, Robotech, Thundercats, It, Thing, Ghost Busters, and Aliens Et Cetera most def.
>>
File: 1419884547010.jpg (127KB, 677x995px) Image search: [Google]
1419884547010.jpg
127KB, 677x995px
>>14618459
>antisemitism
better not let them on 4chan then.
>>
Son, you're 6 now so let me tell you to the secret to being a /m/an--you don't have to watch /m/ shows, you just need to shitpost about them constantly.

Just remember Jimmy, if there are more than two people on the board liking anything, it means that thing is shit and they're plebs. No exceptions.
>>
>>14618459
>It, Thing, Alien
>aka I want my son/daughter to grow up torturing small animals and eventually turning into a sociopathic serial murderer.
>>
>>14618478
Or just scared of spiders, arachnids, insects, and just an aversion to dogs, like me. With a future fetishes in corruption and being mind-broken.

I watched a lot of really old movies as a child like Clash of the Titans that you never see anymore, and overall ok as a person. I don't watch sports or TV so that makes me a bit weird, I guess. Even when I did it was the pre-Pawnstars/Duck Dynasty History and discovery channel stuff. Hillbilly reality shoes just aren't as interesting as the history of comic book censorship or jet-fighter developements.

>>14618466
Not until they are 17 or capable of sound logic and reason and understand things like "why the civil rights movement started" and other issues. As well as science and philosophy, and good introspective, and the arts. At least to the best that I can. I literally took almost every first for a parent from my parents. Taught myself to speak, learned to whistle before I could remember, swam as an infant, potty trained myself, taught myself the birds and the bees, trained myself to use a kitchen knife. I was a very boring child...
>>
>>14618475

Great advice. You will be a wonderful father/mother.
>>
>>14616623
Have you read "The Veldt" by Bradbury?

They're just going to gravitate to the bad shit. One day you're refusing to get them ice cream, the next they're in your multimedia playhouse taking it out on 20th c slasher flics
>>
>>14618459
>Robotech
Why, anon?
>>
I'm going to run my baby through as many spiderwebs as possible and drop live bugs on them whenever they awake.
Eventually they will become immune to a fear of insects and be superior to every child in their preschool.

As for mecha, ill just watch anime together with them whenever. Starting with 0079 of course, and branch out from there.
>>
>>14619904
>how to raise a paranoid neurotic sociopath
>>
>ITT: armchair child psychologists
>>
File: ryoma2-1.jpg (32KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
ryoma2-1.jpg
32KB, 720x540px
>>14613558
I'll make my son a true Karate /m/an with the art of dog punching.
>>
File: real anime.jpg (55KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
real anime.jpg
55KB, 600x555px
>not raising your son right by making him watch REAL anime.
>>
>>14619895
It's in English, but only the Macross saga. They can learn about the history of localization processes later.
>>
>not having an undergound workshop to build robots
>not building a robot for your kids
>not teaching them how to build robots
>not having a second gun in the glove compartment of your golf cart
do you even /m/echa?
>>
>>14620633
If young kids can't read subtitles, just raise them with a Japanese-speaking nanny so they become fluent while they're in language-acquisition mode.
>>
>>14620681
>building a robot for your kid
>not building a robot to be your kid
Do you /m/echa?
>>
>>14620739
Not him, but c'mon. Dads build robots for their kids all the time. Maybe not for the kids specifically, but they always build them, and then their kids end up piloting them one way or another.

I'm not going to act like I'm o/m/niscient, but building a robot son/daughter seems like more of an oldest-of-the-old-school thing, right? Tetsuwan Atom and Honey Cutie, those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

Then again, the only build-robot-that-kid-pilots examples I can think of off the top of my head are Gundam ones...
>>
>>14620759
I think it was a joke anon
>>
>>14620761
Is that supposed to stop me?
>>
>>14620759
Technically, Megaman is a son that Dr. Light built...
>>
>>14613558

Well, son plays with his Build Strike + Powered Arms backpack all the time and daughter loves nothing more than dissecting her LBX HF Lucifer and Beargguy.

Does that count?
>>
>>14616673
>Have them watch Muv-luv first
Ftfy
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.