[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw this manga has a better portrayal of war and giant robots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: nausicaa-578x801.jpg (40KB, 578x801px) Image search: [Google]
nausicaa-578x801.jpg
40KB, 578x801px
>yfw this manga has a better portrayal of war and giant robots than any Tomino show ever made

Why does Tomino even try? He was lucky Miyazaki decided to make kiddy movies instead of war stories.
>>
Miyazaki is an artist; Tomino is an entertainer. Makes no sense to compare them
>>
Strong bait here but I don't seee mecha. At least post god-warriors.
>>
>>14607239
>art can't have entetainment as its primary purpose
Even ignoring Gundam's themes about war and whatnot... if you feel invested in what's going on, if you feel at least a little shitty when something bad is happening or a sense of victory when something is achieved, and if the work is well-executed, then it is good art. Miyazaki's work isn't going to hugely change the world as far as environmental understanding goes just as Tomino's work isn't gonna prevent war from happening. Art has other purposes beyond making worldly change that the creator sociopolitically agrees with.
>>
>>14607276
The difference is that Miyazaki's work is good and Tomino's isn't. It's about their aesthetic qualities, not their politics. It's like the difference between Lords of the Rings and Harry Potter
>>
File: topkek.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>14607327
>It's like the difference between Lords of the Rings and Harry Potter
>>
>Nausicaa
>giant robots
What.
>>
>Reading feminist dribble
Fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>14607389
It has Evanjellions.
>>
Well Im sure someone else has pointed it out before, but it's really hard to sell "war is bad" as a concept with cool robot battles.
>>
>>14607441
Does the manga say more about the Giant Warriors?
>>
>>14607221
It also has some of the worst paneling I've ever seen in a manga. No wonder Miyazaki stopped making them.
>>
>>14607807
>No wonder Miyazaki stopped making them.

He hasn't? He's still working on that samurai manga after he retired from making movies.
>>
>>14607784
Yes, Nausicaa gets to raise her own little weapon of planetary annihilation. And she gets to teach it how to be a good person, and try to keep it from killing itself and everyone else on the continent.
>>
Is this worth reading?
>>
>>14608524
Depends on what your tastes are like. What type of manga do you like?
>>
>>14608382
Hasn't that been worked on since at least 2014?
>>
>>14607336

Harry Potter is gay.
>>
>>14608442
I can sense the feels from here
>>
>>14608524
Yes
It ruins the movie though from how much better it is so maybe hold off if you want to just like the movie
>>
>>14607221
Nausicaa's battle scenes weren't anything to write home about though.
>>
>>14607221
>yfw this manga has a better portrayal of war
Ehh..

Still a decent manga with its best aspect being the art, though even that can get a bit cluttered at times.
>>
File: newtype.jpg (15KB, 263x276px) Image search: [Google]
newtype.jpg
15KB, 263x276px
>>14607221
>MC kills a grand total of two people with her own hands, one of them by accident
>better portrayal of war
>>
Not really

I mean all she did was fuck insects and get weird nipples
>>
>>14612150
>Still a decent manga with its best aspect being the art, though even that can get a bit cluttered at times.

It's because Miyazaki sucks at panelling and doesn't know how to control the flow of backgrounds, not to mention all of the text bubbles covering up half the page because of there being too many damn panels.

Nausicaa was a chore to physically read.
>>
>>14607221
> instead of war stories.
Nearly every Miyazaki movie takes place during and depicts a war.
>>
>>14612487
Except Spirited Away, Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle of Cagliostro or Castle in The Sky.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.