[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MS-06GR Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type - "What made this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

MS-06GR Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type - "What made this particular type of Zaku stand out from other models is the additional boosters that grant the machine improved mobility. Its improvement was so great that it was argued that the G-Type Zaku was one of the highest performing ground combat mobile suits deployed during the One Year War."

So, what the hell Zeke riveting Gouf, Dom and even Ifrit if at their disposal was so good fighting machine?
>>
>>14600626
>MSV

Did you think about this before posting OP? No? I see.
>>
>>14600653
In fact, I know this garbage, but I'm interested in a sane "in the univers" explanation what the hell Zeke riveting Gouf, Dom and even Ifrit if at their disposal was so good fighting machine?
>>
>>14600671
>Gundam - 1979
>MSV - 2013
So you are demanding an in-universe explanation for a design that was retconned into the series 34 years later?
Did you read the wiki entry on the suit? And that explanation was not enough?
OP, just how autism are you?
>>
>>14600671

> what the hell Zeke riveting Gouf, Dom and even Ifrit if at their disposal was so good fighting machine?

I can tease out the probable meaning of this question from context, but there's some guess work involved.
>>
>>14600682
That is, you can eat, without question, the shit that you vanities sunrise? You're goner imbecile
>>
>>14600700
>creators of gundam
>not good enough
No sir, I believe it is YOU who have goner imbecile.
>>
>>14600626
OP, that really is a good question. Why did they not use the better Zaku? Plus it looks cooler than a green one.
>>
File: 165456GD43.jpg (372KB, 1116x1600px) Image search: [Google]
165456GD43.jpg
372KB, 1116x1600px
It's revisionist bullshit. It probably also wasn't built in large numbers for whatever reason.

Desert Gelgoog is probably better.
>>
>>14600703
>>creators of gundam
>>not good enough

Given the endless contradictions and separation UC as much as three (?) different versions?

Certainly yes :)
>>
>>14600721
>Desert Gelgoog is probably better.

But he appeared only at the end of the war, is not it? A good ground MS was need at the beginning of the Zeon invasion
>>
It's MSV, of course it'll be high performance machine that nobody uses.
If you want an in universe explanation, it'll probably be something like too expensive to maintain or some shit like that. Maybe the ground thrusters puts too much stress on the Zaku frame so it needs more maintanence compared to a built-for-it Dom frame.
>>
>>14600721
>desert Gelgoog
TAKE MY WANT
MY NEED
AND ALL MY BONER
>>
>>14600756
And that's what the Zaku J/JC types are for. It's not like those machines weren't good enough or defective in some way. The Zaku GR type is just even better in most ways.
>>
>>14600780
And it would have worked too, if those bumbling Black Tri Idiots just shot down Revil's escape pod instead of capturing it.

I mean, the Feddies shoot down Zeon escape pods all the time, so they can't complain when it happens to them.
>>
A lot of ground combat MS are built in small numbers. They get canned for various reasons. Sometimes they're defective, other times they have issues like high fuel consumption, or were rejected in favor of producing other MS that were more economical. The G and GR type Zakus don't have much backstory for us to go on, so who knows why.

My guess is that the Dom's thermonuclear jets were seen as being most cost effective compared to standard rocket thrusters that require rocket propellant. Thermonuclear jets require no fuel, they just heat up the air using the reactor's own heat and shoot it out of the jet engines which also powered by the reactor's electricity.
>>
File: 1333141449230.jpg (833KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1333141449230.jpg
833KB, 1200x810px
>>14600801
Well, I do not argue with that, but ... Why is this model does not become the mainstream later?

>>14600821
Perhaps you are right, however, GR Zaku has at least one distinct advantage - it collected on the basis of an existing design with minimal izmeneniyamii also familiar to pilots.

While Dom is the result of an entirely different design schemes for which there will be problems for pilots and mechanics
>>
>>14600855
>minimal izmeneniyamii

I don't know, it looks to me like the GR Zaku is excessive izmeneniyamii.
>>
>>14600626
If you look at the specs, it's really not all that impressive.
>>
>>14600626
>>14600653

>Gundam wiki

That's your real problem.
>>
>>14600626
>>14600671
>>14600700
>>14600756
>>14600855

Holy shit at this guy and his terrible grammar.
>>
>>14603020
>What is "Not their first language"
>>
File: MS11_ActZaku3_-_Front.png (3MB, 1300x2150px) Image search: [Google]
MS11_ActZaku3_-_Front.png
3MB, 1300x2150px
>>14600626
>Wanting to mass produce this thing
>Not the Act Zaku
>>
File: 1225749407217.png (5KB, 163x119px) Image search: [Google]
1225749407217.png
5KB, 163x119px
>>14610197
>(3.25 MB, 1300x2150)
>>
MSV was basically Bandai getting Okawara to make a ton of non-canon designs to sell more plamo when they didn't have time / budget to make another Gundam anime but they wanted to milk out some more Gundam money.

Who even wrote the description for MSVs? Was it just Okawara freestyling whatever theme he felt like working on?
>>
File: RGM-79SC Gm Sniper Custom.png (239KB, 335x619px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-79SC Gm Sniper Custom.png
239KB, 335x619px
>>14610278
>MSV not canon
Not only did Sunrise specify that MSVs are explicitly canon, they show up in animated form during Zeta.

As for who wrote it, various Sunrise staff members, many of whom worked on the show as well as Gundam Century, wrote the descriptions and background story snippets in the Gunpla manuals, many of which would go on to inspire mangas and cameos in video games, in the case of ace pilots like Johnny Ridden and Shin Matsunaga.

Stop talking shit, you know nothing about how Gundam canon works. I imagine Mark Simmons is kicking himself for bringing up that Dengenki Hobby bit, because everyone takes it far too seriously and nobody seems to actually grasp what they actually meant when they said "animated works are official." (doesn't mean non-animated stuff isn't.)
>>
>>14610598
>Not only did Sunrise specify that MSVs are explicitly canon
When did they state that?

>they show up in animated form during Zeta.
They're canon -because- they've been animated, and that only applies to the ones that are in the animation.

Seriously, you wanna link some sources for us? Stuff like the MS Expert Committee even deem MSV to be "the whitest of the gray area" and that's only because some MSV designs have made it into animation. If they hadn't, they'd still be grey area (strictly not canon but usually has blessings of Sunrise and/or show staff).

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7298

If being MSV was enough to be canon, then they wouldn't need to bother with "Harmony of Gundam" design lines that actually are stated to be canon without needing to be animated.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=93124#p93124
>>
>>14610633
Not him, but the "only animated works are canon" rule is a huge case of misinterpreted nonsense.
http://pastebin.com/LfFAeqSW
>>
File: 16-.jpg (690KB, 1757x1609px) Image search: [Google]
16-.jpg
690KB, 1757x1609px
>>14610633
Source is GM vol.15(2005.1.15 双葉社発行)p44より抜粋

At the risk of summing Black_Faggot...
http://pastebin.com/LfFAeqSW

>In the first installment, Sunrise's Shigeru Horiguchi lays down a simple guideline: "If it's filmed, it's official.

>This 2001 statement is taken out of context and misunderstood. Sunrise has since, countless times, clarified what this meant.

>重要なことは、現時点【2001年3月現在】で表明されているサンライズのスタンスが、フィルム以外を否定するものではないということです。
>What's important is that Sunrise's stance on the issue does NOT deny (the canonity of) non-film (works)

>公式・非公式というまっぷたつに分ける考え方でなく、サンライズが許諾した書籍やゲーム、模型などはすべて公式とする
>(Sunrise does not) split things between official and official, and everything: Books, games, and models, approved by Sunrise, are official.

>ただし、情報には優先順位があり
>However there is an order of priority in the information

>"If it's filmed, it's official." DOES NOT mean
>If it's not film it's not canon

>"Canon"/正史, literally "correct history", means What actually happened in the Gundam universe.

>The Turn A novels and Zeta movies and Evolve and such are OFFICIAL which means the setting stuff (like, say, Zeta being able to use that beam confuse thing) is part of the Gundam universe, but the STORIES (Kamille not going full retard at the end of Zeta) aren't.

>Side materials are considered to be both 公式 and 正史 unless openly contradicted by animated sources. The Unicorn novels were both until it was animated, at which point it became only 公式 but not 正史.

So yeah, this not animated = not canon bullshit has to stop.
>>
>>14610724
If you want, you can put the full original japanese text into google translate and surprisingly, it gets the message across pretty well.
>>
>>14610724
>>14610723
Pastebinmind
>>
>>14610723
I take it it is like Star Wars Legends. film works will take priority and supercede non-filmed works when necessary, otherwise the non-filmed works remain applicable if desired.

Therefore the purpose of head canon.

My personal head canon is that there was only MS-06 in OYW and no FZ and F2, they were just visual adaptations.
>>
>>14610762
Not even that; Sunrise's attitude is "whatever's animated is perfectly acceptable as long as it doesn't contradict anime."
>>
ITT people in this thread missing the point that there's nothing wrong with newer MSV stuff being introduced or updated and reintroduced into OYW because the entire thematic with the Zeon military was they kept making better suits but WASTING their resources over so many pet projects on the dime that it was always a diluted handful of prototypes or limited production performer units that it never went anywhere.

>>14610762
That's a bad comparison. EU had a canon hierarchy system in Star Wars before it got decanonized/regulated to a separate universe from the Disney reboot canon. There is no such thing other then IF ITS ANIMATED its absolutely canon.

Which hilarious makes shit like EW FT canon since Sunrise DID animate that photofilm thing for it.
>>
>>14610774
>whatever's not animated
>>
>>14610197
the Act Zaku did get mass produced though, just not by Zeon, Federation liked it so much they built a bunch for their own use

>>14610278
>MSV was basically Bandai getting Okawara to make a ton of non-canon designs to sell more plamo when they didn't have time / budget to make another Gundam anime but they wanted to milk out some more Gundam money.
well quite a few MSV designs are also ones that were originally going to be used in the show but didn't due to the show having it's episode order reduced, which is another reason why they're canon, they were already intended to be part of the series

also in regards to what's canon or not, honestly I don't really see a point in arguing about it at all since even the Animated(and thus "Official") stuff contradicts itself all the time, pretty much the only UC stuff I don't consider part of the main continuity at all are stuff like The Origin, Gaia Gear, and certain other parts that are way too different from the Animated parts to be reconciled(MSG Novel version, that very first novel version of CCA that has the really weird Nu Gundam design)
>>
>>14610776
>>14610911
>>14610278

Is the description in Gundam wiki even accurate? I can't seem to find any mention of the "highest performing" ground MS from the legible scans I have seen. The only mention of performance is about how the MS was designed to maximize ground performance (of the Zaku)
>>
>>14606242
>What is "being a filthy spic"
>>
>>14610724
>At the risk of summing Black_Knight
A risk you took, and now shoulder the burden alone, of anything that happens from here on out in this thread.

>Creating a pastebin to as citation where you don't even properly cite the information inside the pastebin.
>Green texting your interpretations as if they are fact.
Humoring you responding to the moonrunes posted. They don't deny something is canon, but they don't say it is canon either. Or in this case official. They even goes on to say there is a list order of priority, which in this case, while they say non-film versions are not automatically considered not canon. They don't take the priority over films like any of the movie trilogies.

Correctly cite yourself next time before you get some silly idea to turn your post into an easily refuted and asinine copypasta image.
>>
>>14611663
>Is the description in Gundam wiki even accurate?
doubtful
>>
>>14613163
>Source is literally in the post AS WELL AS the pastebin.

Damn it, BK, this is why nobody takes you seriously. Take your headcanon and shove it up your wrong, inconsistent ass.
>>
File: 1424235857639.jpg (37KB, 720x540px)
1424235857639.jpg
37KB, 720x540px
>>14610724
>The Turn A novels and Zeta movies and Evolve and such are OFFICIAL which means the setting stuff (like, say, Zeta being able to use that beam confuse thing) is part of the Gundam universe, but the STORIES (Kamille not going full retard at the end of Zeta) aren't.
>but the STORIES (Kamille not going full retard at the end of Zeta) aren't.
OH SNAP, WHAT NOW
>>
>>14614147
It's interesting to note that various Japanese discussion forums and blogs cite that excerpt too, some recent instances happening this year, so apparently discussion of Gundam's "Correct History" is common over there as well.
>>
>>14613163
reminder:

all anons are one person
all genocide by Zeon is/was justified because (1) zeon needed to win the war to install a literay hitler dictator which is a good thing trust me and (2) humanity is pretty heavily populated ergo culling is not only necessary but humane, no seriously trust me
Titans are literally as bad as Zeon despite not killing 1/2 of humanity
loum (lol)
G-Reco shows a kapool not a capule because the animation in Unicorn doesn't look like the animation from ZZ (my personal favorite argument, I think we went back and forth about shit in that thread for a week)
RE:0096 exists solely to cement Unicorn as a non-canon entry into the franchise rather than being in the true "canon" "movie-timeline"
フィルム = movie according to glorious unbiased and perfect machine translation as opposed to biased third-party humans who are fluent in the language and in pushing a mysterious anti-BK agenda
"anime ja nai" was secretly code from tomino saying that ZZ was non-canon

and that's just the really recent shit I can remember

I used to dislike BK but honestly he's like a force of nature. You can beat him in logic but you can't corner him, and even if he need to do mental gymnastics there is no argument he can't escape. He has bsen trolling for longer than this site has existed and it shows. I really only have respect now, but I'll still chime in when you say stupid (moreso than usual) stuff or contradict yourself.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.