[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What three Gundam series should I watch if I'm unfamiliar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 3OFkQbP.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3OFkQbP.gif
2MB, 500x500px
What three Gundam series should I watch if I'm unfamiliar with the franchise? My favorite anime are Ghost in the Shell and the Monogatari series, but I appreciate comedy like Baccano and Bento. I threw up in my mouth 1/4 through Code Geass because the anime's premise sickened me.

Bonus points for animation, fujoshi faggotry, and absurdity.
>>
>>14592806
>What three

No, watch them all in production order.
>>
G, 00, 08th MS team.
>>
>>14592808
This. If you don't watch Gundam in production order then you're a faggot and should neck yourself.
>>
>>14592806
00, G, and 0083
>>
>>14592824
Why 0083 instead of the 08th MS team?
>>
File: 1469308446408.jpg (378KB, 941x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1469308446408.jpg
378KB, 941x1138px
>>14592809
>Hasn't seen Gundam
>Monogatari
>Hates CG
>fujoshit

Wow fuck, what a high-tier newfag

Let's convert you right away, son. Start with MS Gundam 0079, TV. Watch everything in production order, so that means in this order:

MSG 0079 TV
MSG 0079 Movies
Gundam Zeta TV
Gundam ZZ TV
Gundam CCA
War in the Pocket
F91
Stardust Memory
Stardust Memory Movie
Victory
08th MS Team
G-Saviour (lol)
MS IGLOO; The hidden OYW
Zeta Gundam: ANT
MS IGLOO; Apocalypse
MS IGLOO II
MS Gundam: Origin
Gundam Thunderbolt

That's right, you can skip over the Alternate Universes or take them out of order. UC is the "main" storyline that is enjoyed best when taken in the order it was made. The timeline jumps around, but if you do some stupid chronological shit and try to watch Origin, then MSG then 08th MS, then Thunderbolt, you will be jarred and severely miserable. UC's style changes and its best to experience it the way other gundam fans have for decades.
>>
File: 1448139847587.jpg (393KB, 976x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448139847587.jpg
393KB, 976x720px
>>14592880
>Zeta Gundam: ANT
>>
>>14592824
>>14592851
0083 doesn't seem like OP's cuppa, I think he'd enjoy 08th more. Really, it's the best gateway show for a Gundam newbie.
>>
>>14592806
SEED
SEED/Destiny
I'd personally watch 00 first and if you like it then you can try UC starting at 0079. If you like that then you can move on to Zeta

>>14592880
Don't listen to this fag though. A new translation is fucking terrible watch Zeta all the way through. The ending of ANT isn't even canon.
>>
>>14592806
I wouldnt consider Baccano a comed. like i know it has moments, but its nowhere near its focus.
>>
>>14593135
*comedy

I'm really tired
>>
>>14592809
>>14592824
>suggesting someone start a story by opening to a random page in the book
Are you guys fucking retarded? How the fuck would OP even get what's going on in 003 or 0th MS Team if they've never seen the original?

OP, I'm not gonna say anything about your taste but if you really wanna try Gundam you should start with either 0079 or The Origin and then watch Zeta. Depending on what you're interested in I'm gonna compile a couple watch orders for you:

I Only Wanna Watch Unicorn order:
0079 movies > Zeta movies > ZZ movie > CCA > Unicorn

Main UC order:
0079 > Zeta > ZZ > CCA > Unicorn > F91 > Victory > Turn A/ G-Reco

ALL THE UC order:
The Origin > 0079/ Thunderbolt/ MS IGLOO > 08th MS Team/ 0080 > 0083 > Zeta > ZZ > CCA > Unicorn > F91 > Victory > Turn A/ G-Reco

Alternate Universes (you can watch any of these at any time)
Wing, SEED, G, X, Build Fighters, Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G, 00, AGE, EVOLVE, Iron-Blooded Orphans

I'm probably forgetting a few, mainly the SD ones but there's also a shitload of manga to read, also.
>>
>>14593799
I know people have no problem going into 08th MS Team to start because that's exactly what I fucking did.
It's not the tightly intertwined interquel you're pushing hard to make it.

Also, definitely love how you completely ignore OP's request and push an archive tsunami. It's like you have your post text Ctrl+C'd and just wait for a thread to start that lets you use it.
>>
>>14592806
I recommend 0080: War In The Pocet.
It's a short OVA series, like 6 tv-length episodes so it's only about 2 hours total if you skip the OP and ED songs. It's a self-contained story containing no characters from any of the main UC series and all you really need to know is that Zeon declared war on the Federation and that Mobile Suits are a new thing and Zeon had them first.
>>
>>14592806

Seconding 0080. Should be right up your alley. 0079 too if you can get past the dated visuals
>>
>>14593825
Op's request was for 3 series. If you actually had any reading comprehension you'd see that I recommended 0079, The Origin and Zeta. And it's not like 3 series would give you much coverage over the events of the Universal Century. It may not be a complex, 'intertwined interquel' (which isn't even a word, by the way) but they constantly reference previous events from different series. Step the fuck down, plebeian.
>>
File: TDrhg0Y.jpg (22KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
TDrhg0Y.jpg
22KB, 480x478px
>>14593799
>>14592880
>>14592910

I'd just like to thank you guys - I'm not through the list entirely but this is all fantastic and I'm going to be going through these with my wife to decide how we're going to marathon.
>>
>>14593997
Mobile Suit Gundam's a good starting point and then really whatever floats your boat
>>
>>14593931
the only way to address the issues with your post is to get as autistic as you, and I just don't have the mental fortitude. Grats.

Besides, it looks like OP is taking both our advice anyway, which I gladly take as a shared win. Want to hold the trophy up with me?
>>
>>14592806
0079(movies)
Zeta
Char's Counterattack
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.