[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished Evangelion for the first time. It was okay.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: suntanlotion.jpg (20KB, 781x456px) Image search: [Google]
suntanlotion.jpg
20KB, 781x456px
I just finished Evangelion for the first time. It was okay.

Not really seeing why everyone considers it some kind of perfect masterpiece though.
>>
>>14581191
The only ones who see it as masterpieces are those who consider nineties anime "old", those who've seen it for the first time with little general anime experience, etc.

It's babby's first "deep" anime and for some it's babby's first mecha anime too. Chump stuff.
>>
What I want to know is why there are 15 billion recuts of the last episodes
>>
>>14581191
Because it's great and when it first came out there was nothing else like it. But 20 years have passed and there's a lot more stuff like it, some directly inspired by it, which cheapens the original. And chucklefucks like >>14581201 consider it "hip" to shit on it because it's so popular.
>>
>>14581229
>>
>>14581201
>those who've seen it for the first time with little general anime experience, etc.

I have very little anime and /m/ experience in general and I still wasn't that blown away even though it's one of the most recent series I've watched to completion

(all of my completed series are /m/ and and almost all pre 1990)

>>14581229
>But 20 years have passed and there's a lot more stuff like it, some directly inspired by it, which cheapens the original.

I've never seen anything inspired by it and I still don't care for it as much as I expected to.

I don't think it's bad, but I can't say I enjoyed it very much. It did keep my attention long enough so that I could watch it daily with hardly any breaks, though. I will say that.
>>
>>14581229
I don't really think it's hip to do so, but I do think it's shit.
>>
>>14581263
A lot of people didn't watch mecha anime when it came out so tons of people see the a lot of the tropes in it and assume EVA made most of said tropes and "deconstructs" the others.
>>
People are easily impressed by works that, whether consciously or not, channel that "to be an arteur is to suffer" spirit.

And it is well documented that Evangelion was colored by Anno's mental health problems.

What I'm getting at is that if you want a work to be highly regarded, make sure to do it while suffering from depression.
>>
A lot of Japanese people are really depressed, and to express their feelings is somewhat taboo which is why the country has such a high suicide rate.

Shinji was the first anime protagonist with an accurate depression and it really resonated with people.
>>
>>14581191
>>Not really seeing why everyone considers it some kind of perfect masterpiece though.

Because they didn't go into it expecting a perfect masterpiece.
>>
so do you like rei or asuka????
>>
>>14581191
Wait a few years and watch it again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.