[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just what is it about this scene that made it so iconic to Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: img_18.jpg (34KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
img_18.jpg
34KB, 720x540px
Just what is it about this scene that made it so iconic to Gundam fans and even non-Gundam folks?
>>
>>14576770
Its a nigga getting a claw punched right through his guts
>>
Majesty of the glorious Z'Gok.
>>
>>14576770
I'd be inclined to doubt that second part but >>14576773 is a good start on why it's iconic.

It's the GM's first spot of action, it's Char in an MS he hasn't used before, it's an important point in the beginning of the Federation's offensive in space, and it looks cool.
>>
>>14576770
I forgot that scene/
>>
>>14576770
it's basically gundam's first red shirt scene

there's been other death before, but this is the first time a Gm got blown up on screen and this is brutal.
>>
>>14576770
That gm was piloted by that one mook who was gonna marry matilda. Also i read around /m/ that originally the mobile suits were gonna be power armor.
>>
>>14578705
Tomino did want Mobile Suits to be smaller, but the conventions of the toy market happened.
>>
File: Ah-17.jpg (154KB, 700x365px) Image search: [Google]
Ah-17.jpg
154KB, 700x365px
>>14578705
No, you're confused. Woody was piloting a Fanfan aircraft.
>>
>>14578705
Nope. The Matilda's fiance was piloting that hovercraft with the missile pods.
>>
because it's gorgeous.
the shot is concise by having the mobile suits be red and white while the background is green, blue and brown.char's z'gok is really angular and dangerous looking contrasting with the curvier pose of the gm. it also implies the speed of char's mobile suit with the gm aiming and looking and where the z'gok was a second ago. gets across the message of "char is swanky, gms are not". the z'gok's eye is right in the middle of the frame too. the fact that char is looking away also highlights how routine cold blooded murder is for him and how good he is at it. the cavern also follows the motion of char's swipe along with a ton of other horizontal lines further enhancing the sense of speed. it flows directly from the previous shots too. best UC suit too.
>>
>>14576770

GM will fight back
>>
>>14576770
Because it was the first time that, supposedly Ace Pilot Char Aznable did not job on screen.
>>
File: bestcharkillnosound.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bestcharkillnosound.webm
3MB, 640x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GsQSJzmd1A

Music starts at :16 in the webm.

Overall, just a badass entrance.

A clean kill
Explosion
Confident smirk
Cool music

Pretty cool entrance overall.

>>>/wsg/1226334
for version with sound
>>
>>14578705
[citation needed]
>>
It's a notable scene for the rivalry between Amuro & Char that really shows that up against normal soldier Char really is a threat.
>>
It's a very cool scene, not just the still.
>>
>>14582014
He beat Amuro's ass back and forth the first time/s they met, he just didn't have the right weaponry to actually damage the Gundam.
>>
>>14578705
bullshit: the post

And what the fuck does power armour have to do with this thread?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.